Fwd: Awe......... banana tree!

Neil Soares

Aug 24, 2011, 1:16:22 PM8/24/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Hi,
 Thought this might be interesting.
                With regards,
                  Neil Soares.

-

The World record breaking production of Banana
from a single banana tree
to a farmer from Vasai Taluka, 50 km from Mumbai...

It yielded 477 banana's in one tree

Click to join World Malayali Club
__,_._,___

Untitled1.jpg
monkey_line_hyper+btn.gif

Ushadi micromini

Aug 24, 2011, 1:43:57 PM8/24/11
to efloraofindia
picture?

On Aug 24, 10:16 pm, Neil Soares <drneilsoa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  Thought this might be interesting.
>                 With regards,
>                   Neil Soares.
>

> -
>

> The World record breaking production of Banana
> from a single banana tree
> to a farmer from Vasai Taluka, 50 km from Mumbai...
>
> It yielded 477 banana's in one tree
>
> __,_._,___

Neil Soares

Aug 24, 2011, 1:46:04 PM8/24/11
to efloraofindia, Ushadi micromini
Hi,
 Please scroll down in my original mail.
                          N.

Ushadi micromini

Aug 24, 2011, 8:10:48 PM8/24/11
to efloraofindia
re: thread as url:
http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/056476fa1801f8eb/8cb74493fa5f9581#8cb74493fa5f9581

1: there's nothing here to scroll down to....
2: correct link?
or do you mean i need to search the group for neil/bananas, awesome?

usha di

=========
On Aug 24, 10:46 pm, Neil Soares <drneilsoa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  Please scroll down in my original mail.
>                           N.

Neil Soares

Aug 24, 2011, 10:13:56 PM8/24/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
 Am forwarding th orginal mail again.
                         Regards,
                          Neil Soares.

Aug 25, 2011, 12:36:25 AM8/25/11
to Ushadi micromini
Hi, Ushadi,
I can see it.
May be some problem with your settings.

On 25 August 2011 10:01, Ushadi micromini <micromi...@gmail.com> wrote:
somthings wrong...
fwd message not showing the picture....  AGAIN

I give up...
usha di
==========

From: Neil Soares <drneilsoa...@yahoo.com>
To: indian...@googlegroups.com
Date: Wednesday, August 24, 2011, 10:46 PM

Hi,
 Thought this might be interesting.
                With regards,
                  Neil Soares.

-

The World record breaking production of Banana
from a single banana tree
to a farmer from Vasai Taluka, 50 km from Mumbai...

It yielded 477 banana's in one tree

__,_._,___

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1680 members & 75,000 messages on 31/7/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 5000 species)

Ritesh Choudhary

Aug 25, 2011, 2:37:36 AM8/25/11
to efloraofindia
I also can't see any photograph here :-(

Regards,
Ritesh.

Nudrat

Aug 25, 2011, 2:50:09 AM8/25/11
to efloraofindia
Hello,

I too cant see the picture.............:-(

Dinesh Valke

Aug 25, 2011, 3:34:43 AM8/25/11
to Nudrat, efloraofindia
Dear all,
Perhaps this may help ... check whether you find a link at the top of Neil ji's mail, worded somewhat like this : Display pictures OR Show pictures ... ... click on the link to view the embedded picture.
If not, please take a look at attached picture that Neil ji had sent.

Regards.
Dinesh
bananas.jpg

Ritesh Choudhary

Aug 25, 2011, 4:38:58 AM8/25/11
to efloraofindia
Woowwww...,

Really great! I can see the foto now. Thanks Dinesh sir!

Regards,
Ritesh.

Mohan V. Chunkath

Aug 25, 2011, 5:40:24 AM8/25/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Nudrat
Lovely photograph. Thanks for sharing. Gives new meaning to the expression 'going bananas'!   :-)
Regards,
Mohan

Madhuri Raut

Aug 25, 2011, 6:32:14 AM8/25/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Nudrat
Oh my God this is amazing. Is there some Guiness book of records for plants. Just wondering what are those 2 things
on the left and right some water containers. I like to see antique utensils so the interest.
Regards
Bhagyashri

Smilax004

Aug 25, 2011, 7:38:57 AM8/25/11
to Dinesh Valke, Neil Soares, indiantreepix
Nice picture! Really amazing Banana plant!

Regards,
Giby

>  bananas.jpg
> 244KViewDownload

Na Bha

Aug 25, 2011, 8:54:04 AM8/25/11
to Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com
hanks for sharing this Foto.
How does that happen that one tree bears 477 bananas. Nature or targeted promotion from human being?
interesting anyway.
Nalini

Dinesh Valke

Aug 25, 2011, 9:17:55 AM8/25/11
to Madhuri Raut, indian...@googlegroups.com, Nudrat
... digging for information on this subject shows the fact belonging to two places at least.

Vasai Taluka, 50 km from Mumbai
... SIES 1969 ... https://groups.google.com/d/topic/sies-1969/MAOiXzqlJ9k/discussion
... Sukravathanee.Org ... http://www.sukravathanee.org/forum1/viewtopic.php?f=157&t=16731

Junnar Taluka, 50 km North of Pune
माय मराठी ... https://groups.google.com/d/topic/may_marathi/1dEVYmo9uQ8/discussion

Pesonal feeling ... it is a hoax.
The picture is well manipulated in an image editor ... the artist has great imagination, and skills to match.
In present situation it looks like earth is the limit ... BUT clearly, we see there are much more bananas that can yet grow at the end ... eventually believe it or not, drilling the earth.

Regards.
Dinesh

Na Bha

Aug 25, 2011, 11:46:45 AM8/25/11
to Dinesh Valke, Madhuri Raut, indian...@googlegroups.com, Nudrat
perhaps one will see some bananas growing down under?

Ushadi micromini

Aug 25, 2011, 11:19:47 PM8/25/11
to efloraofindia
Dear All: I can finally see it, thanks to Dinesh ji's Posting it
here...

The Picture is a Hoax... Real bananas do not grow in a spiral like
that...
Its a mathematically precise spiral....

A tall tree with hundreds of Bananas GROWING IN A 2 to - 3 inch thick
slab of cement?
Something is wrapped along a pole... see the spiral line...? print
that looks like banana ends? or clay models
or even cut up bananas? are stuck along the spiral ... string or
wire??

Ha ha ha
Usha di

===
PS NO WONDER NEIL did not want to show it to me !!!
ha ha

On Aug 25, 8:46 pm, Na Bha <nabha-megh...@gmx.de> wrote:
> perhaps one will see some bananas growing down under?
>
> Am 25.08.2011 15:17, schrieb Dinesh Valke:
>
> > ... digging for information on this subject shows the fact belonging
> > to two places at least.
>
> > Vasai Taluka, 50 km from Mumbai
> > ... SIES 1969 ...
> >https://groups.google.com/d/topic/sies-1969/MAOiXzqlJ9k/discussion
> > ... Sukravathanee.Org ...
> >http://www.sukravathanee.org/forum1/viewtopic.php?f=157&t=16731
> > <http://www.sukravathanee.org/forum1/viewtopic.php?f=157&t=16731>
>
> > Junnar Taluka, 50 km North of Pune
> > माय मराठी ...
> >https://groups.google.com/d/topic/may_marathi/1dEVYmo9uQ8/discussion
>
> > Pesonal feeling ... it is a hoax.
> > The picture is well manipulated in an image editor ... the artist has
> > great imagination, and skills to match.
> > In present situation it looks like earth is the limit ... BUT clearly,
> > we see there are much more bananas that can yet grow at the end ...
> > eventually believe it or not, drilling the earth.
>
> > Regards.
> > Dinesh
>
> > On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 4:02 PM, Madhuri Raut <itii...@gmail.com
> > <mailto:itii...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> >     Oh my God this is amazing. Is there some Guiness book of records
> >     for plants. Just wondering what are those 2 things
> >     on the left and right some water containers. I like to see antique
> >     utensils so the interest.
> >     Regards
> >     Bhagyashri
>
> >     On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 3:10 PM, Mohan V. Chunkath

Nudrat Sayed

Aug 26, 2011, 2:40:24 AM8/26/11
to Na Bha, Dinesh Valke, Madhuri Raut, indian...@googlegroups.com
Wondering........true or false
--
Warm Regards
Sayed Nudrat Zawar

mani nair

Aug 26, 2011, 3:04:12 AM8/26/11
to Nudrat Sayed, Na Bha, Dinesh Valke, Madhuri Raut, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Nudrat ji,
It can happen as with the giant pumpkins in USA.
Regards,
Mani.

Nudrat Sayed

Aug 26, 2011, 7:20:48 AM8/26/11
to mani nair, Na Bha, Dinesh Valke, Madhuri Raut, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mani Ji,

I didnt say it cant happen.........in today's world with all sorts of technologies available anything is possible. No the other hand i am not that easily convinced.