Shrub from Gurgaon for ID

Pravir Deshmukh

Oct 7, 2010, 10:38:48 AM10/7/10
to efloraofindia, satp...@gmail.com, Pravir Deshmukh
Dear Members please help for the ID

Shrub or small tree, leaves alternate, elliptic to lanceolate, apex acute, truncate, base, margin dented. Inflorescence axilary with songle flower.
Recorded from Gurgaon.
Flw: Sept

With Regards
--
Pravir Deshmukh
09717611977

Pankaj Kumar

Oct 7, 2010, 10:42:25 AM10/7/10
to Pravir Deshmukh, efloraofindia, satp...@gmail.com
Grewia asiatica !
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Dinesh Valke

Oct 7, 2010, 10:42:18 AM10/7/10
to Pravir Deshmukh, efloraofindia, satp...@gmail.com
... species of Grewia.
Regards.

Pravir

Oct 7, 2010, 10:49:14 AM10/7/10
to efloraofindia
Pankaj Sir it dosent match with the Grewia asiatica the leaves are
different in G. asiatica and flowers are in groups. In the attach
plant flowers are single.

On Oct 7, 7:42 pm, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ... species of *Grewia*.

Tabish

Oct 7, 2010, 11:00:06 AM10/7/10
to efloraofindia
Looks like Grewia asiatica, including the leaves, as Pankaj says.
- Tabish
>  DSC_0049_011.JPG
> 393KViewDownload
>
>  DSC_0047_010.JPG
> 555KViewDownload

Neil Soares

Oct 7, 2010, 12:59:24 PM10/7/10
to efloraofindia, Pravir Deshmukh, satp...@gmail.com, Pravir Deshmukh
Hi,
 This looks like Grewia serrulata [G.laevigata] locally called Kaori.
                         Regards,
                          Neil Soares.

Satish Phadke

Oct 7, 2010, 1:00:19 PM10/7/10
to Pravir Deshmukh, efloraofindia, satp...@gmail.com
It looks like Grewia flavescens.
Dr Phadke

Dr. Arvind Kadus

Oct 7, 2010, 1:01:41 PM10/7/10
to efloraofindia
Grewia sp. but not asiatica.
Dr.Kadus Arvind,Pune.

On Oct 7, 9:59 pm, Neil Soares <drneilsoa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  This looks like Grewia serrulata [G.laevigata] locally called Kaori.
>                          Regards,
>                           Neil Soares.

tanay bose

Oct 7, 2010, 9:09:40 PM10/7/10
to Dr. Arvind Kadus, efloraofindia
Grewia so for sure but not Grewia asiatica
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

J.M. Garg

Oct 27, 2010, 3:31:19 AM10/27/10
to efloraofindia, Pravir, tanay bose, Dinesh Valke, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Tabish, Neil Soares, arvind kadus, Satish Phadke

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Grewia asiatica !
Pankaj”

“Pankaj Sir it dosent match with the Grewia asiatica the leaves are

different in G. asiatica and flowers are in groups. In the attach

plant flowers are single.”

Looks like Grewia asiatica, including the leaves, as Pankaj says.
  - Tabish”

"This looks like Grewia serrulata [G.laevigata] locally called Kaori.
                         Regards,
                          Neil Soares."

"It looks like Grewia flavescens.
Dr Phadke"

"Grewia sp. but not asiatica.
Dr.Kadus Arvind,Pune."

Oct 27, 2010, 4:12:17 AM10/27/10
to efloraofindia, Pravir, tanay bose, Dinesh Valke, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Tabish, Neil Soares, arvind kadus, Satish Phadke, Pravin Kawale
A reply from Pravin ji in another thread on Grewia serrulata (http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/237f587fe4ac88d7?hl=en#):
"Form this photo its confirm the photo send by me is the different species of Grewia"

J.M. Garg

to efloraofindia, Pravir, Dinesh Valke, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Tabish, Neil Soares
Some earlier relevant feedback:
Grewia asiatica !
Pankaj”

“Pankaj Sir it dosent match with the Grewia asiatica the leaves are different in G. asiatica and flowers are in groups. In the attach plant flowers are single.”

Looks like Grewia asiatica, including the leaves, as Pankaj says.
  - Tabish”

"This looks like Grewia serrulata [G.laevigata] locally called Kaori.
                         Regards,
                          Neil Soares."

"It looks like Grewia flavescens.
Dr Phadke"

"Grewia sp. but not asiatica.
Dr.Kadus Arvind,Pune."

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Dec 16, 2017, 10:53:40 AM12/16/17
to efloraofindia, Pravin Kawale, Satish Phadke, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Pravir
I think close to images at Grewia flavescens Juss.
DSC_0049_011.JPG
DSC_0047_010.JPG