Tecona stans - Yellow Flower

Subrata Mahapatra

Sep 17, 2011, 8:59:29 AM9/17/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to all for ID in particular to Drs Sarmah, Kuriakose and Prabhu Kumar.
I also desired its Indian name. I found from the web its Bengali name is Chandra Prabha. English name Yellow Flower, a better presentation is here
Tecoma-stans_Yellow Bells_Chandraprabha.jpg
Yellow Bells=Chandraprabha.jpg

ajinkya gadave

Sep 17, 2011, 9:02:18 AM9/17/11
to Subrata Mahapatra, indian...@googlegroups.com
this is tacoma  gori choudi

Mahadeswara

Sep 18, 2011, 10:23:53 AM9/18/11
to efloraofindia
Tecoma gaudichaudi
>  Tecoma-stans_Yellow Bells_Chandraprabha.jpg
> 40KViewDownload
>
>  Yellow Bells=Chandraprabha.jpg
> 57KViewDownload

Subrata Mahapatra

Sep 20, 2011, 10:14:56 PM9/20/11
to ajinkya gadave, indian...@googlegroups.com
Apology for the error.
Name - TECOMA stans
Marathi name provided by Dr. Gurcharan Singh is explicitly nice.
Marathi Name - Ghanti phul

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 21, 2011, 1:09:40 AM9/21/11
to Subrata Mahapatra, ajinkya gadave, indian...@googlegroups.com, Mahadeswara
I think am not clear about the id on whether it is T. stans or Tecoma gaudichaudii. Ajinkya Ji and Mhadeswara Ji were suggesting this as Tecoma gaudichaudii (please note the spelling).

It is not clear about whether the leaves are simple or compound. Would you kindly share this information if possible to confirm the id.

Thanks and Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD