Garden plant for ID 260511MK1

Muthu Karthick

May 26, 2011, 3:38:20 AM5/26/11
to indiantreepix
Dear all,
Please identify this ornamental plant found in a private garden at Chennai taken on 20 May 2011.
Leaves about 1 feet long.
This was taken by my friend and I have no idea of this plant.

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

Garden plant.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

May 26, 2011, 4:10:15 AM5/26/11
to Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
I hope Aglaonema commutatum

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Mahadeswara

May 26, 2011, 7:37:34 AM5/26/11
to efloraofindia
Aglaonema species. Very common plant in Chennai city, mostly a potted
plant.

On May 26, 1:10 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I hope Aglaonema commutatum
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor

Pudji Widodo

May 27, 2011, 7:54:53 AM5/27/11
to efloraofindia

I agree with Dr Gurcharan Singh. Aglaonema commutatum Schott of
Araceae, very common in Indonesia.

Pudji Widodo
Fakultas Biologi Universitas Jenderal Soedirman
PURWOKERTO 53122 INDONESIA

promila chaturvedi

May 27, 2011, 9:30:16 AM5/27/11
to Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
I also agree with Prof. Singh's identification.

Promila

amit chauhan

May 28, 2011, 12:24:23 AM5/28/11
to promila chaturvedi, Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
Agree with Gurucharanji

--
Dr. Amit Chauhan
Junior Technical Assistant