also portulaca

Na Bha

Jun 5, 2011, 8:19:55 AM6/5/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
This plant I collected in Apulien (Puglia, South Italy), last year. Now
it is glowing in my house. I looked in my Apulien-collection and found
the Fotos 100_9494-k and 100_9486-k. The other three with prefix Apulien
are from my hause, brought from Apulien.

Are these Portulaca. A don't have a foto of the flower from front.

TIA
Nalini

Apulien-100_1049-e.jpg
Apulien-100_1048.JPG
Apulien-100_1050.JPG
100_9494-k.jpg
100_9486-k.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 5, 2011, 9:43:05 AM6/5/11
to Na Bha, indian...@googlegroups.com
The first three photographs perhaps belong to Portulaca grandiflora. The fourth in circular bed has Portulaca in the upper half and Aptenia cordifolia (with broader leaves) in lower half.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Na Bha

Jun 5, 2011, 10:35:32 AM6/5/11
to Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Prof. Singh ji, for your prompt reply. Now I shall wait to see the flowers of Portulaca here in my house.
I have also brought a cutting of the second plant in the circular bed Aptenia cordifolia and is doing well here in Ritterhude. Does not have flowers yet. Flowers from Apulien in a separate mail. Is 100_9494-k also Purtulaca grandiflora?
Regards
Nalini

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 5, 2011, 10:57:42 AM6/5/11