Phyla nodiflora

Satish Phadke

Oct 11, 2011, 12:37:40 PM10/11/11
to indiantreepix
Phyla nodiflora (L.) Greene
Syn: Lippia nodiflora
Family : Verbenaceae
Observed growing in lawn in Pu.La. Deshpande Udyan Pune Oct 2011
Creeping perennial herb. Total height of the plant 6 inches
Stems rooting at nodes, much branched; subquadrangular clothed with appressed hairs.
Leaves opposite subsessile. 2bye 1.5 cm.Spathulate, cuneate at base, rounded at apex. Serrate in upper part. Hairy.
Flowers sessile, densly packed in long pedunculated axillary heads one in each pair of leaves.
Calyx: 2mm Bracts 2.5mm Corolla 2.5-3mm white or pale pink 2 lipped Upper lip bifid. Lower lip 3 lobed middle one being largest.

--
Dr Satish Phadke
Phyla nudiflora_MG_4674.jpg

Sid

Oct 11, 2011, 2:02:12 PM10/11/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Excellent detail Satish ji, both in the text and in the pics. I heard Turkeys and chicken like to eat the leaves of this plant.

Balkar Singh

Oct 11, 2011, 8:21:38 PM10/11/11
to Sid, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Nice Catch Satish Ji, Common weed in our area
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 11, 2011, 10:19:17 PM10/11/11
to Balkar Singh, Sid, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Yes, common in Delhi also

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor