Networking with a Windows Workgroup

Ranjit Chawla

Dec 3, 2010, 1:25:47 AM12/3/10
to imug-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I'm trying to join a Windows Workgroup and have set the WINS to the
Workgroup name.

This allows me to see and access the computers in the workgroup BUT my
machine is not visible to other users.

I have created a folder for sharing and set its permissions to
"Everyone - Read & Write" using GetInfo for the folder.

Any ideas on what the next step should be?

TIA!

Ranjit

team bala

Dec 3, 2010, 1:32:15 AM12/3/10
to imug-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
first try to ping ur machine from windows pc..
if ok then search ur computer using ur ip from windows machine.then it will ask for authentication.after get authenticated ur shared folder will be visible in windows pc.. before that u enable file sharing in ur mac.

Thanks & regards
S.Bala
9282219180

--- On Fri, 3/12/10, Ranjit Chawla <ranjit...@gmail.com> wrote:
--
IMUG Users website: www.imug.in

Ranjit Chawla

Dec 3, 2010, 1:42:35 AM12/3/10
to imug-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! that helped me solve the problem in a jiffy :)

Ping was working fine, but I was unaware that file sharing had to be started separately (other than just giving read write access to a folder) ... just enabled that and it started working!

Thanks once again!

Ranjit