bittorrent client that support Magnet links

ashik salahudeen

Nov 20, 2009, 9:09:03 AM11/20/09
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a bittorrent cleint that
supports Magnet links .. Since everyone ( the piratebay actually )
seem to be moving towards trackerless torrents this is kind of
important :) [ Ktorrent/Transmission/Deluge cant handle magnet links ]

--
aashik

"My one purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others." -- Jamie Zawinsky

Subin Sebastian

Nov 21, 2009, 2:03:22 AM11/21/09
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
Use Vuze for Magnet Links. I'm using Vuze but I feel mags are much slower than torrents in it....http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Magnet_link . To support Vuze by firefox do the following simple steps. Type about:config into the address bar and press Enter.
Right-click -> New -> Boolean -> Name: network.protocol-handler.external.magnet -> Value -> true
Right-click -> New -> String -> Name: network.protocol-handler.app.foo -> Value -> /usr/bin/azureus
Ensure network.protocol-handler.expose-all is set to true

Regards to all....
Keep the forum updated...
Freedom Is The Only Law...
Subin Sebastien