[fsug-tvm] query regarding malayalam fonts

Sreenath Unnikrishnan

May 24, 2010, 1:58:36 AM5/24/10
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends,

I am using opensuse 11.2 and is having problem regarding malayalam fonts both in open office as well as mozilla. how to solve it. tried many methods given in net, but didn't actually work. Being new to opensuse (recently shifted from Ubuntu) am not comfortable in terminal. But i would like to know the how to rectify using terminal commands. Do reply

Warmly
Sreenath U

--
"Freedom is the only law".
"Freedom Unplugged"

ilug-tvm-u...@googlegroups.com

For details visit the google group page: http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-tvm?hl=en

JAGANADH G

May 24, 2010, 4:43:59 AM5/24/10
to ilug...@googlegroups.com

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 11:28 AM, Sreenath Unnikrishnan <sreena...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Friends,

I am using opensuse 11.2 and is having problem regarding malayalam fonts both in open office as well as mozilla. how to solve it. tried many methods given in net, but didn't actually work. Being new to opensuse (recently shifted from Ubuntu) am not comfortable in terminal. But i would like to know the how to rectify using terminal commands. Do reply

Can you say what are the problems in display/render Malayalam in your Suse system? Some screen shot etc will be also useful

--
**********************************
JAGANADH G

Sreenath Unnikrishnan

May 24, 2010, 8:58:42 AM5/24/10
to ilug...@googlegroups.com

THe malayalam words look like boxes in firefox

Manilal K M

May 24, 2010, 9:02:45 AM5/24/10
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
On 24 May 2010 18:28, Sreenath Unnikrishnan <sreena...@gmail.com> wrote:

> THe malayalam words look like boxes in firefox

Please provide screenshots which shows the issue. Otherwise it's hard
to guide you.

regards

--
Manilal K M : മണിലാല്‍ കെ എം.
http://libregeek.blogspot.com

Sreenath Unnikrishnan

May 24, 2010, 9:17:40 AM5/24/10
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
screenshots
2.jpeg
3.jpeg

JAGANADH G

May 24, 2010, 9:23:11 AM5/24/10
to ilug...@googlegroups.com

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 6:47 PM, Sreenath Unnikrishnan <sreena...@gmail.com> wrote:
screenshots

For viewing Malayalamanorama you have to install the padma plugin  for firefox.
Also install the Malayalam fonts from the Suse repos
--
**********************************
JAGANADH G
http://jaganadhg.freeflux.net/blog

Sreenath Unnikrishnan

May 24, 2010, 9:34:53 AM5/24/10
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
being new in opensuse not well versed in commands. can u just help me with that..is it just like fedora  yum install.......

JAGANADH G

May 24, 2010, 9:44:42 AM5/24/10
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 7:04 PM, Sreenath Unnikrishnan <sreena...@gmail.com> wrote:
being new in opensuse not well versed in commands. can u just help me with that..is it just like fedora  yum install.......

I am not a Suse user. But I heard that there is a package manager called Yast

Just google for it and try

--
**********************************
JAGANADH G
http://jaganadhg.freeflux.net/blog

prakreet

May 24, 2010, 10:03:12 AM5/24/10
to Free Software Users Group, Thiruvananthapuram
sreenath just install the padma extension as u would install any other
addon on firefox.. it wil solve ur problem of displaying the page..
then if u want to install malayalam fonts.. download the font u want..
double click the font.. u will get an option to install it in the
preview window.. can u get simpler than this..