Opening .odt, ods files in gmail

pramod v

Jun 18, 2010, 2:13:12 AM6/18/10
to iit...@googlegroups.com
Does google support openoffice extentions such .odt, .ods to be opened in gmail  or as google docs.

Regards,

Pramod.V
MS(R)
Bharti School of Telecommunication Technology and Management,
Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi.

Nilesh Govindarajan

Jun 18, 2010, 2:14:26 AM6/18/10
to iit...@googlegroups.com
> --
> LUG@IITD - http://tinyurl.com/ycueutm
Yes Google Docs supports open formats !
Come on man its Google and not M$ !

--
Regards,
Nilesh Govindarajan

pramod v

Jun 18, 2010, 2:20:00 AM6/18/10
to iit...@googlegroups.com
Maybe , but if you have an ods or an odt file sent to you by mail, there is no option with it to open in google docs or as an html page..

Nilesh Govindarajan

Jun 18, 2010, 2:22:01 AM6/18/10
to iit...@googlegroups.com
That's weird. I normally use Thunderbird for mails, so have little idea
about that, but I have opened open formats in Google Docs many times.

Varsha Jaikumar

Jun 18, 2010, 2:23:19 AM6/18/10
to iit...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 11:50 AM, pramod v <vpr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Maybe , but if you have an ods or an odt file sent to you by mail, there is no option with it to open in google docs or as an html page..

There is. Try mailing a file with an Open Source format to yourself. You have the option of opening it as a Google doc and you can very well open it too. There is no problem at all.
--
Varsha Jaikumar
Computer Science & Engineering (4th Year)

gajendra khanna

Jun 18, 2010, 5:32:25 AM6/18/10
to iit...@googlegroups.com
The old formats like sxw are read only however.

Apinder Singh

Jun 18, 2010, 5:49:07 AM6/18/10
to iit...@googlegroups.com