DC hub - CULT le saale

harsh jhaveri

Sep 8, 2010, 2:43:23 AM9/8/10
to Fourth Wall, insyn...@googlegroups.com, saaz...@googlegroups.com, stacca...@googlegroups.com, filmcl...@googlegroups.com, IITBlitzkrieg, we-spe...@googlegroups.com, rang...@googlegroups.com, pixels_iitb, cult-c...@googlegroups.com, iitbcu...@googlegroups.com, pgcou...@googlegroups.com
Hey Everyone!

We are pleased to announce the launch of a new cultural DC hub "CULT le saale". The hub address is 10.10.3.19. All the cultural content (pics, vids, audio, handouts, quizzes,etc.) generated over the year will be collected and shared on DC through the user Culturals@IITB. Along with the content generated this year, we have also archived content from previous years and are working on improving the database. All new content will be shared will be shared exclusively (atleast initially) on the hub through Culturals@IITB. If anyone has any content not shared through the main user (personal vids, pics) please contact us so that we include them in the database as well. Your help in adding to the database will be greatly appreciated.

The hub will also provide updates of cultural events happening throughout the year. I would request all to join the hub and please spread the message to other friends to join too.

For suggestions,improvements,comments regarding the hub, please feel free to mail to gsec...@iitb.ac.in
For contributing content which you have and is not shared through the central user, please send a mail to shuch...@gmail.com

Regards,
--
Harsh Jhaveri
General Secretary, Cultural Affairs 2010-11

Ishan Shrivastava

Sep 8, 2010, 2:56:38 AM9/8/10
to IITBlitzkrieg
"Cult le saale"? Is it a wordplay on cut le saale? Why? Seriously, why?

Regards
Ishan

Ayush Baheti

Sep 8, 2010, 3:00:45 AM9/8/10
to iitblitzkrieg
First "Cultasur" and now this!!
And we thought "A cult above the rest
Ayush Baheti

Rohit Kiran

Sep 8, 2010, 3:01:07 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
I dont understand either. Why a hub and not just a user?

Ayush Baheti

Sep 8, 2010, 3:21:06 AM9/8/10
to iitblitzkrieg
First "Cultasur" and now this!!
And we thought "A cult above the rest" was bad enough.
Ayush Baheti

Rahul Gaur

Sep 8, 2010, 3:24:45 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com

'Cult' classics have invariably attracted a lot of criticism initially, with the leading Critics failing to see its potential :)

Regards
Rahul Gaur

jaydeep soni

Sep 8, 2010, 3:30:18 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
eek .. such names may be construed as cultable homicide

Ashish Vora

Sep 8, 2010, 3:32:49 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
And we thought "A cult above the rest" was bad enough.

Since when did freshies voice opinions?..
Ashish Vora

Parasvil Patel

Sep 8, 2010, 3:38:05 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
It seems that these are the consequences of the strategy used by our dear GS Cult to woo the unmentionable cult groups in the insti. (What is the name of that dance thingy at IITB?).

Parasvil

Rohan Sablay

Sep 8, 2010, 3:49:42 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
great !!
Cheers,

Rohan Sablay,
Co-Ordinator,
Mood Indigo 2010.

+91-9987949813.

Parasvil Patel

Sep 8, 2010, 3:53:09 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
@Sablay: Are you applauding Jhaveri's actions or my comment?

@Everyone: Feel free to poke fun at the poor sophie (Sablay). Hint: Look at his signature. Why in God's name would anyone put that or anything similar there?

Parasvil

Antariksh Bothale

Sep 8, 2010, 3:56:28 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
@Parasvil,

As it is an improvement over his freshie year ALL CAPS signature, I am not complaining :)
Antariksh Bothale
Institute Secretary for International Relations
4th Year, Mechanical Engineering
IIT Bombay

Antariksh Bothale

Sep 8, 2010, 4:01:43 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
In fact, a hub won't help, would it?

I mean, seriously, what purpose will the hub solve?

PALASH JHABAK

Sep 8, 2010, 4:05:42 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
how about making an FTP server on that 1TB cult hard disk ?? ..I think this could be a better option ....what say ?....will be very easy to access and download ...:)

Palash Jhabak
Junior Undergraduate,
Department. of Electrical Engineering
IIT Bombay
+91-9930490752
ma...@palashjhabak.com
sms palashjhabak to 56070

Gururaj S

Sep 8, 2010, 4:06:04 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
why not a user who is added in all the active hubs?
Gururaj

Seshadri

Sep 8, 2010, 4:06:54 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
Its an official DC hub ... paid for by the money of the Indian Tax Payer :P ....

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 1:31 PM, Antariksh Bothale <antariks...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Seshadri Gowrishankar
http://seshadrig.wordpress.com/

Rohan Sablay

Sep 8, 2010, 4:17:35 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
With the comment being unclear.... here is what i actually said  ....i applaud the effort of the GS cult for his new initiative coz lets face it all cult events under one roof and organized ....thats good ....
with a specific user having the data ...it becomes painful if  he is offline ... a hub itself is great ..
as for Parvasil  people has always criticized a new radical change or thought  ...(irrespective of its ability )
but i do agree the name of the Hub could have been better !!
@Parasvil-  my apologies for the signature ....but with multitasking and trying to get the entropy in order .... u tend to make mistakes..  and i m learning .....
@ antariksh -- thank you so much that was encouraging ...

Parasvil Patel

Sep 8, 2010, 4:25:53 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
I am Parasvil..... and not a 'Perverse'il......

Please show some mercy......... on the poor little orphan comma.......... and eliminate it..........

Disclaimer: This is NOT ragging.......... Please......... take all of this in a jest............ I am still in the 3 year window...... where they can revoke my degree......

PS: When will people realize that adding random dots in the middle of a sentence does not make any sense?

Parasvil

Nikhil Jha

Sep 8, 2010, 4:32:31 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
Nice thread.

Parasvil: The oft used, abused joke in vogue during our IIT days (read Jurassic Age) fits well here. More dots more pleasure?

(Of the 2 people who can recall ancient seniors like us. Hi!)

NCJ

Rahul Gaur

Sep 8, 2010, 4:37:37 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com

Parasvil Patel

Sep 8, 2010, 4:40:34 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
Why do some poltu people have a dire need to make their presence felt for no apparent reason?

Parasvil

Rohan Sablay

Sep 8, 2010, 4:47:19 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
And as per your request here the new draft  (without those  so called  'random dots')
With the comment being unclear,here is what i actually said: I applaud the effort of the GS cult for his new initiative coz lets face it all cult events under one roof and organized ,that's good
with a specific user having the data it becomes painful if  he is offline , a hub itself is great
as for 'Parasvil'  people has always criticized a new radical change or thought (irrespective of its ability )

but i do agree the name of the Hub could have been better !!
@Parasvil-  my apologies for the signature ....but with multitasking and trying to get the entropy in order .... u tend to make mistakes..  and i m learning .....
@ antariksh -- thank you so much that was encouraging
 and i dont see why this mail will  aid revoking your degree(but may be yours would maybe coz of sensing  your 'Not ragging' comment ), come on its not that i have even revolted in fact i accepted my mistake

PS- When  will people  stop being stop so up to the point.

Rohan Sablay

Sep 8, 2010, 4:47:38 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
Why is it that some people have to speak up after every comment

Parasvil Patel

Sep 8, 2010, 5:00:26 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
As soon as people stop doing this "PS- When  will people  stop being stop so up to the point."

Parasvil

Dwarkanath Prabhu

Sep 8, 2010, 5:05:56 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
Sablay. Shut up. Please.
and when was the last time you sent any mail for MI that you still have this signature?

@topic...  a hub for data?
As far as I know, last year, all the cult data was hosted by Harshvardhan. Of course the problem of being offline exists but the same holds for a hub owner.
A couple of plus points I see are that a hub is easy to search and the data can be distributed rather than having to use one huge hard disk.
Sorry, I'm out of the insti right now. So can someone please tell me what is the structure of the hub?
Are there some users with genre specific data?

Just out of curiosity, why is it hosted in H10? :D

Dwarkanath Prabhu
Core Group Member, Creatives,
Mood Indigo 2010.
+91-9819186689

Rohan Sablay

Sep 8, 2010, 6:10:48 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
ignore that stop comment coz of the net issues in the last half hour

Rohan Sablay

Sep 8, 2010, 6:24:15 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com

Why do some people have to be up-to the point
If there is a comment after this highlighting my use of words like 'Coz' and 'm' or even the words I've i wont be surprised so
@all-- take care of all that you post  in here coz its under tight scrutiny by a Dictionary
--
Cheers,

Rohan Sablay,

Shrey Jain

Sep 8, 2010, 6:45:59 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
Cultable homicide. :P

--
Shrey Jain
Undergraduate Student,

vinit atal

Sep 8, 2010, 6:48:57 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
@ Sablay: 'Why do some people have to be up-to the point'???
Like, what was that again??
The question of essence to be asked here is 'Why do some people have nothing better to do than spam the inboxes of other unsuspecting souls with complete nonsensical bull and make them wonder who exactly it was that the Lord Almighty was trying to punish by bringing the idiotic spammer into existence??'

Abhishek Padmanabhan

Sep 8, 2010, 7:10:22 AM9/8/10
to iitblitzkrieg
Atal : Everyone knows you are gay. Try not to make it too obvious.
Sablay: Enough. And please change your signature. You are already on the road to becoming the finest OC MI has ever seen.
(I hope people know what I really mean.)

--
Paddy

Parasvil Patel

Sep 8, 2010, 7:16:19 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
Surely, you kids weren't around when spamming on cult groups was in vogue.

Don't complain of spam if you are on Gmail. It is just one unread thread. In case you have forgotten, you can click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of this mail.

Parasvil

Devanathan

Sep 8, 2010, 7:16:38 AM9/8/10
to IITBlitzkrieg
Infi. Parvasil has brought about the 4chanization of blitzkrieg. The
signature was the find of the day.

As an un-derailing attempt, I quite like the name of the hub,
actually.

@ NCJ: good to be reminded of that joke :)

On Sep 8, 4:10 pm, Abhishek Padmanabhan <abhiastrote...@gmail.com>

Ayush Baheti

Sep 8, 2010, 7:54:33 AM9/8/10
to iitblitzkrieg
Approaching Midsems = Spamming on all groups and no one's complaining when we have entertainers like Sable amongst us.

@Sable: Brilliant signature. Don't change it (just for the entertainment value, ofcourse)

Ayush Baheti

Tanuj Bhojwani

Sep 8, 2010, 8:17:40 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 4:46 PM, Parasvil Patel <para...@gmail.com> wrote:
Surely, you kids weren't around when spamming on cult groups was in vogue.

@Parasvil
Surely, you mean trolling not spamming.

I thought you'd blast these kids on that too.

Mukund Madhav

Sep 8, 2010, 8:38:01 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
Junta,

Please do not fight. As all parties concerned would have realized by now, what you are posting is really not making a difference to the others involved :P. Also, the discussion seems to have shifted from the issue at hand to personal slurs. So really, it seems to be serving no purpose. Spam - good. "You are gay", "No you are gay" - bad.

The Cult hub was made with the intention of having a central repository for all cult-related material. As DK said, Harshvardhan hosted a lot of stuff, but I don't think this was a very well known fact. I didn't know it. The Lit archives too had many different incomplete versions. Here, since all the data is being hosted on the same server as the hub, there is a surety that you will definitely find all the Lit archives/dance videos/dram videos/soundtracks/whatever with at least one user on the hub given that it is up.
Apart from that, the hub can also be used as a means of publicity, one which is more effective than any other, except perhaps email, since all of us open DC at least once a day.
As far as the name goes, Baheti I don't like your name, but you don't hear me cribbing about it all the time.

So that was the rationale behind the hub. You may now continue with whatever it was that was going on before.

Cheers,

Mukund

Ravi Bhoraskar

Sep 8, 2010, 10:51:19 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
No you are gay

Akhil Srivatsan

Sep 8, 2010, 10:56:41 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
Whether or not I agree with Ravi's comment, it sure-as-hell is funny.

Sameep

Sep 8, 2010, 10:58:48 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
But you can change the name of the hub, unlike Baheti or his name

Regards,

Sameep Sanjeeva
Third Year Undergraduate,
Mechanical Engineering Department,
IIT Bombay.

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 8:21 PM, Ravi Bhoraskar <ravibh...@gmail.com> wrote:
No you are gay

Mukund Madhav

Sep 8, 2010, 11:04:21 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
Yeah. But I don't want to. I like it.

Sham Thanekar

Sep 8, 2010, 11:58:59 AM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
Baheti I don't like your name

Well, I do. A name like IUse Baheti is an innuendo-lover's paradise.

On 8 September 2010 20:34, Mukund Madhav <mmv...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yeah. But I don't want to. I like it.

vaid

Sep 8, 2010, 12:54:26 PM9/8/10
to IITBlitzkrieg
>You're gay.

You're like Adolf Hitler.

Regards,
Vaid.

Ashutosh Rao

Sep 8, 2010, 12:55:43 PM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
and obviously you took it as an excuse ...
(many,yes,many innuendos in there)
(damn,another one)

Ashutosh Rao

Sep 8, 2010, 12:58:30 PM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
^for sham

Goutham Valeti

Sep 8, 2010, 1:00:51 PM9/8/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 10:24 PM, vaid <billion...@gmail.com> wrote:
>You're gay.

You're like Adolf Hitler.

Ah, was just wondering why this hadn't some up yet. 4chanisation now complete.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

--
Goutham

Regards,
Vaid.

Shobhit Singhal

Sep 9, 2010, 12:11:26 AM9/9/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
"Look! A black man!"

"Where? I can't see him."

"Oh, I can't see him either."

Manu Sahay

Sep 9, 2010, 4:34:25 AM9/9/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
^^ I always lose my black friend in the dark.

Bharat Jakati

Sep 9, 2010, 2:28:39 PM9/9/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
Expect Gulti to rise up (reminds me of an Opeth song.. Black Rose (v., past tense), (not so) Immortal) with a speech a la Samuel L. Jackson.
Although he got no gun, he got no knife. So he won't start no fight.

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 2:04 PM, Manu Sahay <mand...@gmail.com> wrote:
^^ I always lose my black friend in the dark.

Bharat Jakati
Senior Undergraduate
Department of Aerospace Engineering
IIT Bombay

Bharat Jakati

Sep 9, 2010, 2:36:16 PM9/9/10
to iitbli...@googlegroups.com
Oh darn! That signature's got to change. (In spite of the best efforts from my beloved department in the opposite direction, may I add.)