Confused!

Gath

May 26, 2010, 2:41:33 AM5/26/10
to ibm_db
Hello,

I have installed the following packages on my development machine
ibm_db_sa-0.1.6-py2.5.egg
ibm_db-1.0.2-py2.6-win32

Am running
- python2.6
- windows Vista

Am trying to connect to my remote Informix server using the
instructions from the download page of ibm_db packages but with no
luck

The instructions read; import ibm_db, but this statement fails coz i
think there is no package called ibm_db!

I tried

import ibm_db_sa # this one works, but it has no relevant methods to
connect to the database.

What is the proper way of using this package?

Gath

Rahul

May 26, 2010, 3:30:24 AM5/26/10
to ibm_db
Did you get any errors at the time of installing ibm_db. If yes, then
send me the exact errors which you are getting.
This would help me to find exact problem.

Thanks,
Rahul Priyadarshi

Paul Gathogo

May 26, 2010, 6:27:27 AM5/26/10
to ibm...@googlegroups.com
This is this is how my installation output was looking like ...

>easy_install ibm_db_sa-0.1.6-py2.5.egg
Processing ibm_db_sa-0.1.6-py2.5.egg
creating c:\python26\lib\site-packages\ibm_db_sa-0.1.6-py2.5.egg
Extracting ibm_db_sa-0.1.6-py2.5.egg to c:\python26\lib\site-packages
Adding ibm-db-sa 0.1.6 to easy-install.pth file

Installed c:\python26\lib\site-packages\ibm_db_sa-0.1.6-py2.5.egg
Processing dependencies for ibm-db-sa==0.1.6
Searching for ibm-db-sa==0.1.6
Best match: ibm-db-sa 0.1.6
Processing ibm_db_sa-0.1.6.tar.gz
Running ibm_db_sa-0.1.6\setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir c:\users\pgathogo\appdata\local\temp\easy_install-ijyhx3\ibm_db_sa-0.1.6\egg-dist-tmp-noctl
Removing ibm-db-sa 0.1.6 from easy-install.pth file
Adding ibm-db-sa 0.1.6 to easy-install.pth file

Installed c:\python26\lib\site-packages\ibm_db_sa-0.1.6-py2.6.egg
Searching for sqlalchemy>=0.4
Best match: SQLAlchemy 0.6.0
Processing SQLAlchemy-0.6.0.tar.gz
Running SQLAlchemy-0.6.0\setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir c:\users\pgathogo\appdata\local\temp\easy_install-ynwkyg\SQLAlchemy-0.6.0\egg-dist-tmp-w50
c5q
warning: no files found matching 'Makefile' under directory 'doc'
no previously-included directories found matching 'doc\build\output'
zip_safe flag not set; analyzing archive contents...
sqlalchemy.dialects.mysql.base: module MAY be using inspect.stack
sqlalchemy.test.orm: module MAY be using inspect.getframeinfo
sqlalchemy.test.orm: module MAY be using inspect.stack
Adding sqlalchemy 0.6.0 to easy-install.pth file

Installed c:\python26\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy-0.6.0-py2.6.egg
Finished processing dependencies for ibm-db-sa==0.1.6

Anything fishy ...
Gath

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Abhigyan Agrawal1

May 26, 2010, 9:01:17 AM5/26/10
to ibm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Paul,
        ibm_db_sa and SQLAlchemy install seems to run fine. Please send us the output of
> easy_install ibm_db
as well. The problem looks to be with ibm_db only.

Regards,
Abhigyan

There is no substitute of hard work.

Paul Gathogo <pgat...@gmail.com>
Sent by: ibm...@googlegroups.com

26/05/2010 15:57

Please respond to
ibm...@googlegroups.com

ibm...@googlegroups.com
cc
Subject
Re: [ibm_db:429] Re: Confused!

Paul Gathogo

May 26, 2010, 9:34:56 AM5/26/10
to ibm...@googlegroups.com
Abhigyan,

Where do i download the ibm_db.egg file?

This what i have on the download page http://code.google.com/p/ibm-db/
Featured downloads:
ibm_db-1.0.2-py2.5-linux-686.egg
ibm_db-1.0.2-py2.5-win32.egg
ibm_db-1.0.2-py2.6-win32.egg
ibm_db_django-0.2.1-py2.5.egg
ibm_db_django-0.2.1.tar.gz
ibm_db_django-2.1.win32.exe
ibm_db_sa-0.1.6-y2.5.egg

Which one of this is the ibm_db egg file.?

What i sent you is the output of running ibm_db-1.0.2-py2.6-win32.egg

Abhigyan Agrawal1

May 26, 2010, 9:56:44 AM5/26/10
to ibm...@googlegroups.com

easy_install will take care of picking up correct egg. Just issue the command
> easy_install ibm_db

This will go to website you mentioned and pick up the correct egg for you.

Paul Gathogo

May 26, 2010, 10:36:48 AM5/26/10
to ibm...@googlegroups.com
This what i got ...

>easy_install ibm_db
Searching for ibm-db
Best match: ibm-db 1.0.2
Processing ibm_db-1.0.2-py2.6-win32.egg
ibm-db 1.0.2 is already the active version in easy-install.pth

Using c:\python26\lib\site-packages\ibm_db-1.0.2-py2.6-win32.egg
Processing dependencies for ibm-db
Finished processing dependencies for ibm-db

Message has been deleted

Rahul

May 26, 2010, 11:04:55 AM5/26/10
to ibm_db
First remove all existing version of ibm_db (from ..\lib\.site-packages
\ ) and also remove the presence of it from ..\lib\site-packages\easy-
install.pth file.

Then issue command the command

>easy_install ibm_db

Thanks,
Rahul Priyadarshi

On May 26, 7:36 pm, Paul Gathogo <pgath...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This what i got ...
>
> >easy_install ibm_db
>
> Searching for ibm-db
> Best match: ibm-db 1.0.2
> Processing ibm_db-1.0.2-py2.6-win32.egg
> ibm-db 1.0.2 is already the active version in easy-install.pth
>
> Using c:\python26\lib\site-packages\ibm_db-1.0.2-py2.6-win32.egg
> Processing dependencies for ibm-db
> Finished processing dependencies for ibm-db
>
> On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 4:56 PM, Abhigyan Agrawal1 <
>

> abhigyan_agra...@in.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> > easy_install will take care of picking up correct egg. Just issue the
> > command
> > > easy_install ibm_db
>
> > This will go to website you mentioned and pick up the correct egg for you.
>
> > Regards,
> > Abhigyan
>
> > There is no substitute of hard work.
>
> > --

> > ibm_db+un...@googlegroups.com<ibm_db%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

Paul Gathogo

May 26, 2010, 11:18:29 AM5/26/10
to ibm...@googlegroups.com
Cool, i uninstalled and deleted the folders fro the site-package, run easy_install ibm_db, got this

>easy_install ibm_db
Searching for ibm-db
Best match: ibm-db 1.0.2
Processing ibm_db-1.0.2-py2.6-win32.egg
creating c:\python26\lib\site-packages\ibm_db-1.0.2-py2.6-win32.egg
Extracting ibm_db-1.0.2-py2.6-win32.egg to c:\python26\lib\site-packages
Adding ibm-db 1.0.2 to easy-install.pth file

Installed c:\python26\lib\site-packages\ibm_db-1.0.2-py2.6-win32.egg
Processing dependencies for ibm-db
Finished processing dependencies for ibm-db

But when i try to import ibm_db i get the following error;
>>> import ibm_db
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>

Hmmm what am i missing....

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 6:01 PM, Rahul <rahul.pr...@in.ibm.com> wrote:
First remove all existing version of ibm_db (from ..\lib\site-packages
\ ) and also remove presence it from ..\lib\site-packages\easy-

install.pth file.

Then issue command the command

>easy_install ibm_db

Thanks,
Rahul Priyadarshi

On May 26, 7:36 pm, Paul Gathogo <pgath...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This what i got ...
>
> >easy_install ibm_db
>
> Searching for ibm-db
> Best match: ibm-db 1.0.2
> Processing ibm_db-1.0.2-py2.6-win32.egg
> ibm-db 1.0.2 is already the active version in easy-install.pth
>
> Using c:\python26\lib\site-packages\ibm_db-1.0.2-py2.6-win32.egg
> Processing dependencies for ibm-db
> Finished processing dependencies for ibm-db
>
> On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 4:56 PM, Abhigyan Agrawal1 <
>

> abhigyan_agra...@in.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> > easy_install will take care of picking up correct egg. Just issue the
> > command
> > > easy_install ibm_db
>
> > This will go to website you mentioned and pick up the correct egg for you.
>
> > Regards,
> > Abhigyan
>
> > There is no substitute of hard work.
>
> > --
>
> --
> There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary,
> and those who don't.

Rahul

May 27, 2010, 2:47:04 AM5/27/10
to ibm_db
Hi Paul,
The above import error shows that you have not installed DSDriver on
client machine or that is not in your system path.
If you don't have DSDriver then download and install “IBM Data Server
Driver for ODBC and CLI “ for window from following link
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=71&uid=swg24025208

After Installing it set the following Environment variables
LIB=path to the ibm_data_server_driver\clidriver\lib;%LIB%
PATH= path to the ibm_data_server_driver\clidriver\bin;%PATH%

After doing this let me know it works for you or not.

Thanks,
Rahul Priyadarshi

On May 26, 8:18 pm, Paul Gathogo <pgath...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cool, i uninstalled and deleted the folders fro the site-package, run
> easy_install ibm_db, got this
>
> >easy_install ibm_db
>
> Searching for ibm-db
> Readinghttp://pypi.python.org/simple/ibm_db/

> Readinghttp://code.google.com/p/ibm-db/downloads/list
> Best match: ibm-db 1.0.2
> Downloadinghttp://ibm-db.googlecode.com/files/ibm_db-1.0.2-py2.6-win32.egg

> > <ibm_db%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com<ibm_db%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>

Paul Gathogo

May 27, 2010, 3:55:06 AM5/27/10
to ibm...@googlegroups.com
Rahul,

Welcome back;

I down loaded this zip file from the link you gave me

IBM Data Server Driver for ODBC and CLI (Windows/x86-32 32 bit) V9.7 Fix Pack 1
v9.7fp1_nt32_odbc_cli.zip

Unzipped it, placed the environmental vars (LIB & PATH ) are you said, but still when i try to  import ibm_db
i get the import exception Error,

PS: I want to connect to a Informix Dynamic Server 10 (IDS), running on a Suse Linux Enterprise Server 10.

Thanks
Paul

Rahul

May 27, 2010, 5:35:03 AM5/27/10
to ibm_db
Paul,

Can you please specify the name DLL file which is not found while
importing ibm_db.
And check from the command prompt that LIB & PATH environment
variables contains DSDriver path or not.

PS: we supports IBM Informix Dynamic Server v11.10 and later only.

Thanks,
Rahul Priyadarshi

> > <ibm_db%252Buns...@googlegroups.com<ibm_db%25252Bun...@googlegroups.com>

Paul Gathogo

May 27, 2010, 6:49:15 AM5/27/10
to ibm...@googlegroups.com
Rahul,

This the message am getting..

>>> import ibm_db
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>

regards

Rahul

May 27, 2010, 8:02:24 AM5/27/10
to ibm_db
Paul,

I have tried to reproduce this problem by removing DSDriver path from
LIB & PATH environment variables. And i got the same error but also
one popup comes which indicate the DLL file which one is not found.
So, please give me the output of that popup.

we can debug this problem, this is not a big issue. The big issue is,
you are using Informix Dynamic Server 10 (IDS) which one is not
supported by our driver. Because of this, after resolving the current
issue also you will not able to connect IDS server.
so, first upgrade your IDS server to v11.10 or later.

Thanks,
Rahul Priyadarshi

On May 27, 3:49 pm, Paul Gathogo <pgath...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rahul,
>

> This the message am getting..

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
> ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
>
> regards

> > <ibm_db%252Buns...@googlegroups.com<ibm_db%25252Bun...@googlegroups.com>

> > <ibm_db%25252Bun...@googlegroups.com<ibm_db%2525252Bu...@googlegroups.com>

Paul Gathogo

May 27, 2010, 8:25:24 AM5/27/10
to ibm...@googlegroups.com
Rahul,

No popup is been thrown! just the error i sent you., let me try to poke around more, but from what i see its not a straight forward process.

PS. Am running windows VISTA business edition.

For the upgrade, I have a server waiting for the Informix upgrade, no sweat on this.

Paul