assign different skin to different portlet

alok...@rediffmail.com

Sep 25, 2008, 1:59:57 AM9/25/08

I am using JSR168 API. I have a page(page1) having 5 portlet. I want to assign different skin to different portlet. What is the easiest and effective way of doing this.

Thanks
monu

Oliver Then

Sep 25, 2008, 3:40:23 AM9/25/08
Edit Layout of your page.
Then select the "Appearance" portlet. This portlet allows to assign skins to portlets on the page.

Oliver

prakas...@cardinalhealth.com

Sep 26, 2008, 11:38:15 AM9/26/08
Interesting. I had not known about this Appearance tab. Does anyone know if it's possible to have custom links and or icons in the portlet titlebar? I ask because I have a requirement that require some portlets to show either a print link or a help icon or both. I'm thinking I can do this in control.jsp but am not sure.

Jim Barnes

Sep 26, 2008, 8:26:35 PM9/26/08
yes you can modify the portlet titlebar, are you talking 6.0 if so see here
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0809_barnes/0809_barnes.html

if earlier then just modify the control.jsp for the skin

alok...@rediffmail.com

Sep 30, 2008, 6:26:43 PM9/30/08
Hi Jim,

Thanks for your help. Today i get a chance to work on this issue. Now i am able to pass the parameter from one page to other. I am facing following problem
My objective is to call the process action method of destination portlet but now by using the following process it is calling the doView method.
PortletURLHelper.generateUrl(pageName,portletName, params, (PortletRequest)renderRequest, (PortletResponse)renderResponse);

Is there any other way to call the processAction method of destination portlet. Please help

Thanks
Monu

Jim Barnes

Sep 30, 2008, 10:55:00 PM9/30/08
if you look down further in the portalurlhelper class oneof them can be used to target the action phase

alok...@rediffmail.com

Oct 1, 2008, 11:13:37 AM10/1/08
Hi Jim,
You are talking about the portalurlhelper or portletURLhelper because currently i am using portletURLhelper. And as per documentation

static java.lang.String generateUrl(java.lang.String pageName, java.lang.String portletName, java.util.HashMap params, javax.portlet.PortletRequest request, javax.portlet.PortletResponse response)
this will target the action phase of a portlet

so the request should go inside the processAction(ActionRequest request, ActionResponse response) method. Let me know if i am missing something.

Thanks
Alok

Jim Barnes

Oct 1, 2008, 11:17:31 AM10/1/08
yes I meant the portleturlhelper and yes it will target the action phase of the portlet it is pointing to if you have correctly named the target portlet window.

If you need help please provide the url that is genearated as well as an xmlaccess export of the page being targetted

alok...@rediffmail.com

Oct 1, 2008, 12:42:57 PM10/1/08
Hi Jim,

Attached is the pageExport.xml file for source(pageExport_userAuth.xml) and target(pageExport_page14.xml) pages. generated URL is as follow

/wps/myportal/!ut/p/c1/pZDBboJAEIafpU8ws8O6rMdVYCEgtW6XAhdCmsasUWkqsfr2StvEk_TgzPHLl_n_gRquu2-Pbt32rtu3WyihFg15kUhj7aH0KUTyF0s5w4Ch5ldeiSZ_JhvxhDEpQoYkYj7LigR14A32japgPtD0RaZz0sGfjXdG4QO3pZ48ZIt_7LfhU-PNBz7WbcT_ST_KxS-_JWQ4RVpZmpiCEDVCHne7D6ig9u_2MAxeoUTemA12X-eDzE14WrJKHjLLe-O--7N1oTqy9xUWkcqmCz9WT_C5s9aW6JINby_vp7IF/dl2/d1/L2dJQSEvUUt3QS9ZQnB3LzZfMjNGNktIRzMwMDBQNzAyUkJNSFRBVDBHNTY!

Following is the Code used to call

Please let me know what all changes is required.
Thanks
Monu

Jim Barnes

Oct 1, 2008, 8:48:54 PM10/1/08
there were some defects in 600 I would suggest upgrading to 6013 or 6014