Issue with WAS 6.1 Deployment Manager

life is beautiful

Jul 30, 2008, 5:50:33 AM7/30/08
For some reason the deployment manager is starting very very slowly

command ./wsadmin.sh is taking 5 minutes to get connection to the soap
port of the deployment manager.

Has any one faced this issue before.
All other factors looks normal from overall perspective. (memory is
available, CPU util is almost nill) (server has no other processes
also)

Any light on the probable place to search for problem would help.

P.S. We had old WAS 5 installation and we tried to start deployment
manager there and it went very fine. (2 min to start)

life is beautiful

Jul 30, 2008, 6:41:20 AM7/30/08
On Jul 30, 2:50 pm, life is beautiful <v.vigneshwarabal...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Not only this.... the deployment manager start takes 12 minutes. the
same configuration in a weaker serer itself takes only 2 minutes.

RalphS

Jul 31, 2008, 9:22:13 AM7/31/08
On Jul 30, 5:41 am, life is beautiful <v.vigneshwarabal...@gmail.com>

If this is a Unix platform, make sure you DNS configuration is correct
and doesn't point to any non-existent servers. I've seen DNS issues
cause slow deployment manager performance. WAS does a lot of lookups
and if there is a non-existant server the name resolution will be
slowed down while the lookup times out.

life is beautiful

Sep 3, 2008, 10:27:25 AM9/3/08
> slowed down while the lookup times out.- Hide quoted text -

I got this issue fixed
In future if very slow response is reported by any JVM,
Addition of the following argument could help improving. (in my case
it has resolved)

“-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true” -- add to the Generic JVM arguent
and Java arguments

We also got the issue confirmed with the IBM