"Hare Ram Hare Ram - Bhool Bhulaiya" lifted from "Halwa Wala Aa Gaya - Dance Dance "

.:Winae:.

Oct 10, 2007, 5:37:31 AM10/10/07
to i2fs
The main line is a lift off Bappi Lahiri's 1987 classic (yeah classic
- remember the song "everybody dance with pa pa pa?" - same film! ).

http://www.dishant.com/album/Dance-Dance.html

Abhinav Narayan

Oct 10, 2007, 2:08:56 PM10/10/07
to i2...@googlegroups.com
Only 'Hare Ram Hare Ram' seems little similar, 'Hare Krishna Hare Ram' has totally different flow, thus i would think it's a co-incidence if anything at all.

Nish147

Nov 24, 2007, 1:34:32 AM11/24/07
to i2fs
Forget Hare Ram, Forget halwa waala, Just check out, "Oriental Rock"
by Bill Haley and the Comets,

And you will get to see the roots of these songs, but I must admit,
that I am awed by the database to which our Music Directors have,

Hope you will enjoy this one...

On Oct 10, 11:08 pm, "Abhinav Narayan" <airabhi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Only 'Hare Ram Hare Ram' seems little similar, 'Hare Krishna Hare Ram' has
> totally different flow, thus i would think it's a co-incidence if anything
> at all.
>
> On 10/10/07, .:Winae:. <shuklavi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > The main line is a lift off Bappi Lahiri's 1987 classic (yeah classic
> > - remember the song "everybody dance with pa pa pa?" - same film! ).
>
> >http://www.dishant.com/album/Dance-Dance.html- Hide quoted text -

6ti...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2007, 1:54:01 AM11/24/07
to i2fs
Pretty close man!

Karthik
> > >http://www.dishant.com/album/Dance-Dance.html-Hide quoted text -

Nish147

Nov 24, 2007, 2:33:54 AM11/24/07
to i2fs
I guess, Bill Haley's song must be the one from which everyone must
have been inspired, but the song was from the album "Rockin' around
the world", in which Haley had made rockin' versions of folk tunes
around the world, so the point is now to find the original tune and
its origins........

I am searchin for it..

6ti...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2007, 2:47:13 AM11/24/07
to i2fs
Whoa....thats incredible. No wonder its called Oriental rock and no
wonder we have the buzz of a Chinese original....this is getting
exciting and what a way to trace a Chinese original! I'm on the search
already - anybody knows the origins of Oriental rock, do write in!

Karthik

Devarajan S V

Nov 24, 2007, 9:50:10 AM11/24/07
to i2...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kartil

Just wanted to share some similiarties between rahman bombay dreams and harris jeyaraj - arashakti (arjun and lara dutta starrer)

Song for comparison is the Ganesh instrumental piece of bombay dreams and ippadiye vittu vidu song of arashakti

Just listen to the opening sequence of harris song, it seems to be so inspired  by the instrumental piece of bombay dreams.....in fact i think harris jeyaraj is very smart he seems to mix his songs very well after getting inspired by some bits and pieces of other song....

This is just my view....let me what do you feel