Status of spinoza1111

1 view

Lilith...@yahoo.com

Jun 12, 2007, 9:44:09 AM6/12/07
Edward has asked me to notify this group of his status and to counter
the lying I see here about why he's left HLASM.

As many of you know, Edward/spinoza1111 asked "Ms. Mouse" to remove an
offensive posting dated May 22 which, he told me, was out of the blue,
uncalled for, and would have been considered "sexual harassment" had
he been female. After repeated requests and argumentation, during
which Edward says he was "hounded" by a "lynch mob", "Ms. Mouse" did
agree to remove the posting and apparently has done so.

Edward then sent a reply (which I've read, and consider very gracious
on his part) acknowledging Ms. Mouse's action, and in return, saying
that he has decided (not only because of this exchange) to leave
usenet and HLASM, because he feels it to be "an expense of spirit in a
waste of shame".

Ms. Mouse then replied graciously and for once, a "flame" war
(actually a bully offensive and Lynch mob, according to Edward, who
doesn't believe in using the term "flame" war) was ended. But he was
most offended when I told him of the subsequent posts claiming that
he'd been excluded from Google Groups and other untruths meant to
salve feelings wounded by his vigorous and to me manly stand for his
rights.

I shall not myself reply to any replies to this post and I do not
visit HLASM. This is merely to set the record straight.

book...@yahoo.com

Jun 12, 2007, 10:26:40 AM6/12/07

Much Ado About Nothing:

DOGBERRY Marry, sir, they have committed false report;
moreover, they have spoken untruths; secondarily,
they are slanders; sixth and lastly, they have
belied a lady; thirdly, they have verified unjust
things; and, to conclude, they are lying knaves.

Ms. Mouse

Jun 12, 2007, 11:03:49 AM6/12/07
On Jun 12, 10:26 am, bookb...@yahoo.com wrote:
> things; and, to conclude, they are lying knaves...

That has long been one of my favourite quotes, bb. Thank you.
Mouse

Tom Reedy

Jun 12, 2007, 11:12:39 AM6/12/07
On Jun 12, 8:44 am, Lilith7710...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Edward has asked me to notify this group of his status and to counter
> the lying I see here about why he's left HLASM.
>
> As many of you know, Edward/spinoza1111 asked "Ms. Mouse" to remove an
> offensive posting dated May 22 which, he told me, was out of the blue,
> uncalled for, and would have been considered "sexual harassment" had
> he been female. After repeated requests and argumentation, during
> which Edward says he was "hounded" by a "lynch mob", "Ms. Mouse" did
> agree to remove the posting and apparently has done so.
>
> Edward then sent a reply (which I've read, and consider very gracious
> on his part) acknowledging Ms. Mouse's action, and in return, saying
> that he has decided (not only because of this exchange) to leave
> usenet and HLASM, because he feels it to be "an expense of spirit in a
> waste of shame".
>
> Ms. Mouse then replied graciously and for once, a "flame" war
> (actually a bully offensive and Lynch mob, according to Edward, who
> doesn't believe in using the term "flame" war) was ended. But he was
> most offended when I told him of the subsequent posts claiming that
> he'd been excluded from Google Groups and other untruths

So Google is lying when it says he was banned from its groups?

> meant to
> salve feelings wounded by his vigorous and to me manly stand for his
> rights.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

> I shall not myself reply to any replies to this post and I do not
> visit HLASM.

Good.

> This is merely to set the record straight.

Translation: this is yet more self-justification from the bloated,
putrid ego of Nilges. In fact, since this is the only message this
poster has ever posted, it is probably from Nilges himself.

TR

Art Neuendorffer

Jun 12, 2007, 11:27:43 AM6/12/07
>> Lilith7710...@yahoo.com wrote:
>>
>>>Edward has asked me to notify this group of his status and
>>> to counter the lying I see here about why he's left HLASM.
>>
>>>As many of you know, Edward/spinoza1111 asked "Ms. Mouse" to remove an
>>>offensive posting dated May 22 which, he told me, was out of the blue,
>>>uncalled for, and would have been considered "sexual harassment" had
>>>he been female. After repeated requests and argumentation, during
>>>which Edward says he was "hounded" by a "lynch mob", "Ms. Mouse"
>>> did agree to remove the posting and apparently has done so.
. Lynne's shmob (Webbsters)
shmob : Dartmouth college term for a mob of freshmen, often found
. walking around together during the first few weeks of school
.
. "We must have had like a 20 person shmob walking down
. frat row during that first night of orientation"
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Shmob

>> Lilith7710...@yahoo.com wrote:
>>
>>>Edward then sent a reply (which I've read, and consider very gracious
>>>on his part) acknowledging Ms. Mouse's action, and in return, saying
>>>that he has decided (not only because of this exchange) to leave
>>>usenet and HLASM, because he feels it to be "an expense of spirit in a
>>>waste of shame".
>>
>>>Ms. Mouse then replied graciously and for once, a "flame" war
>>>(actually a bully offensive and Lynch mob, according to Edward, who
>>>doesn't believe in using the term "flame" war) was ended. But he was
>>>most offended when I told him of the subsequent posts claiming that
>>>he'd been excluded from Google Groups and other untruths meant to
>>>salve feelings wounded by his vigorous and to me manly stand for his
>>>rights.
>>
>>>I shall not myself reply to any replies to this post and I do
>>> not visit HLASM. This is merely to set the record straight.
shmob : Leave - "This party sucks. Let's shmob"

Ms. Mouse wrote:

> That has long been one of my favourite quotes, bb. Thank you.
------------------------------
Art Neuendorffer

Ms. Mouse

Jun 12, 2007, 11:51:47 AM6/12/07

The ip is very similar.
Mouse

> TR- Hide quoted text -

MisterBa...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2007, 12:12:48 PM6/12/07

Considering that traceroutes for both IP addresses wind up somewhere
in a network belonging to a Hong Kong-based ISP, I'd say it's a pretty
safe bet that "lilith771019a" is that most venerable of Usenet
traditions, the sock puppet.

bobgr...@nut-n-but.net

Jun 12, 2007, 4:54:24 PM6/12/07
> So Google is lying when it says he was banned from its groups?
>
> > meant to
> > salve feelings wounded by his vigorous and to me manly stand for his
> > rights.
>
> Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Laugh you may, Mr. Reedy, but I can't think of anything more manly
than defending one's dick. I know that if Ms. Mouse had ever said
anything as cruel about mine as she said about his, I would have cried
myself into a little ball, and not said anything at HLAS for another
month or more!

--Bobbus6667

spinoza1111

Jun 17, 2007, 7:10:20 AM6/17/07
(Sigh).

Last month, I was able to get Lynne (Ms. Mouse) Kositsky to remove an
out-of-the-blue and very offensive post that would have been called
"sexual harassment" had I been female. This was after considerable
bullying which constituted an electronic lynch mob. I undertook, when
Ms Mouse said she would remove the post, to not post anymore to this
or any other network. The matter was resolved and at that point Ms.
Kositsky manifested a maturity she had not manifested before with a
rather kind post.

I've been asked to quash any rumors circulating that I've been banned
from usenet. Therefore, this post establishes that fact. However, I
will not be contributing anything in the future. It's a waste of my
time.

Edward G. Nilges

bobgr...@nut-n-but.net

Jun 17, 2007, 9:28:34 AM6/17/07

Aw, Edward, you really should come back. I assure you that we have
all forgotten what the immature Ms. Kositsky said about the size of
your dick.

Your Pal, Bob

Lyra

Jun 17, 2007, 11:32:30 AM6/17/07
On Jun 17, 9:28 am, "bobgrum...@nut-n-but.net" wrote:

It is this sort of offensive and unnecessary post
which resembles schoolyard bullying,
which makes this group such a failure
and disgrace.

Tom Reedy

Jun 17, 2007, 4:03:30 PM6/17/07
> and disgrace.- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, Bob! Where do you get off ridiculing spinoza's tiny dick? I
don't think people shold be ridiculed for physical attributes that
aren't their fault.

You need to withdraw that comment.

NOW!

TR

Greg Reynolds

Jun 17, 2007, 7:09:53 PM6/17/07
On Jun 12, 10:27 am, Art Neuendorffer wrote:
> . Lynne's shmob (Webbsters)
> shmob : Dartmouth college term for a mob of freshmen, often found
> . walking around together during the first few weeks of school
> .
> . "We must have had like a 20 person shmob walking down
> . frat row during that first night of orientation"
> ....................................http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Shmob

Enough of Lynne's shmob, what about
Agnes' gob, (a?)
O that's right, there is no explanation.

Art Neuendorffer

Jun 17, 2007, 7:36:18 PM6/17/07

Greg Reynolds <even...@core.com> wrote:

> Enough of Lynne's shmob, what about
> Agnes' gob, (a?)
> O that's right, there is no explanation.
. (G)rooms (O)f the (B)edchamber.
*GOB* , n. [OF. gob morsel; cf. F. gobe, gobbe,
a poisoned morsel, poison ball, gobet a piece swallowed]
2 Samuel 21:19 RSV
. And there was again war with the Philistines at *GOB* ;
. and Elha'nan the son of Ja'areor'egim, the Bethlehemite,
.
. slew Goliath the Gittite,
.
. the shaft of whose SPEAR was like a wEaVER's beam.
2 Samuel 21:19 KJV
. And there was again a battle in GOB with the Philistines,
. where Elhanan the son of Jaareoregim, a Bethlehemite,
.
. slew *THE BROTHER* of Goliath the Gittite,
.
. the staff of whose SPEAR was like a wEaVER's beam.
_____ *O BROTHER* , Where ART Thou?
"I detect, like me, you're endowed with the gift of GAB."
The gift of the GAB: Fluency of speech; or, rather, the gift of
boasting. (French, GABer, to gasconade; Danish & Scotch, GAB,
the mouth; Gaelic, *GOB* ; Irish, cab; whence our gap & gape,
GABble & GOBble. The GABle of a house is its beak.)
.
. "There was a good man named Job
. Who lived in the land of Uz,
. He had a good gift of the *GOB* ,
. The same thing happened us,"
.
. - Book of Job, by Zach. Boyd.
Art Neuendorffer (the Wizard of Uz)

spinoza1111

Jun 17, 2007, 10:12:44 PM6/17/07
On Jun 17, 7:10 pm, spinoza1111 <spinoza1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> (Sigh).
>
> Last month, I was able to get Lynne (Ms. Mouse) Kositsky to remove an
> out-of-the-blue and very offensive post that would have been called
> "sexual harassment" had I been female. This was after considerable
> bullying which constituted an electronic lynch mob. I undertook, when
> Ms Mouse said she would remove the post, to not post anymore to this
> or any other network. The matter was resolved and at that point Ms.

This should read "any other Google Group". Of course, I shall remain a
blogger at www.developerDotStar.com and a contributor to the Lamma
Island (Hong Kong) placeblog. In both cases, very mature, hard-working
and sober moderators prevent the sort of behavior we see here while
enabling free speech. I am also joining The Well, wherein people
aren't protected, as they are here, by a coward's anonymity.

I have read the replies to this post but have absolutely no comment
pursuant to my committment to no longer throw pearls before swine. I
reserve the right to revisit this expense of spirit in a waste of
shame to merely read reactions to these events, occasionally, but as
has been the case for the last few weeks, my postings will be rare or
nonexistent, and concerned only with clarification of my decision.

The Historian

Jun 17, 2007, 11:20:37 PM6/17/07
On Jun 17, 9:12 pm, spinoza1111 <spinoza1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jun 17, 7:10 pm, spinoza1111 <spinoza1...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have read the replies to this post but have absolutely no comment

> pursuant to my committment to no longer throw pearls before swine. ...my postings will be rare or

> nonexistent, and concerned only with clarification of my decision.

> > will not be contributing anything in the future. It's a waste of my
> > time.

GENERAL: Away, away!
POLICE: (without moving) Yes, yes, we go.
GENERAL: These pirates slay.
POLICE: Tarantara!
GENERAL: Then do not stay.
POLICE: Tarantara!
GENERAL: Then why this delay?
POLICE: All right, we go.
ALL: Yes, forward on the foe!
Yes, forward on the foe!
GENERAL: Yes, but you don't go!
POLICE: We go, we go
ALL: Yes, forward on the foe!
Yes, forward on the foe!
GENERAL: Yes, but you don't go!

bobgr...@nut-n-but.net

Jun 18, 2007, 10:54:20 AM6/18/07
On Jun 17, 10:32 am, Lyra <mountain_qu...@RockAthens.com> wrote:
> and disgrace.- Hide quoted text -

Thank you.

Bob

bobgr...@nut-n-but.net

Jun 18, 2007, 11:03:57 AM6/18/07
> don't think people should be ridiculed for physical attributes that

> aren't their fault.
>
> You need to withdraw that comment.
>
> NOW!
>
> TR- Hide quoted text -

Hey, I merely referred to its size, Tom. I never specified that it
was small! And I resent this lynch mob that has suddenly formed
against me!

incorrigibly yours, Bob G.

Tom Reedy

Jun 18, 2007, 11:10:10 AM6/18/07
On Jun 18, 10:03 am, "bobgrum...@nut-n-but.net" <bobgrum...@nut-n-

You Hitler Youth Nazi scum are allalike, making fun of a man's teeny
weenie and then refusing to take responsibility for your actions!

TR

> incorrigibly yours, Bob G.- Hide quoted text -

Ms. Mouse

Jun 18, 2007, 11:24:31 AM6/18/07
On Jun 17, 11:20 pm, The Historian <neil.thehistor...@gmail.com>
wrote:

That's one of my favourite bits.
Mouse

bobgr...@nut-n-but.net

Jun 18, 2007, 9:28:26 PM6/18/07
I'm too much of a gentleman to respond to this sort of thing. But, be
warned: the limerickist is on my side of this.

--Bob

BCD

Jun 19, 2007, 10:59:47 AM6/19/07
One is reminded of Marvin K. Mooney.

Best Wishes,

--BCD

Web Site: http://www.csulb.edu/~odinthor
Visit unknown Los Angeles: http://www.csulb.edu/~odinthor/socal1.html

lackpurity

Jun 20, 2007, 5:05:43 PM6/20/07

MM:
Anytime we oppose ignorance and deception, we get credit for it, Mr.
Nilges. Stratfordians should remember that. I told you not to let
them run you out of Dodge, so why surrender to the opposition?

Michael Martin

Dogbrain

Jun 25, 2007, 8:24:36 AM6/25/07

"Lyra" <mountai...@RockAthens.com> wrote in message

Hm. And I always thought it was the offensive and unnecessary
bullying that was the glory of HLAS... a kind of unmoderated
Shakespearean chaos --- tohu bohu, Lear on the heath, the spirit of
jeering groundlings alive in our time. If you can't hold the stage
in the face of attacks from filth in the pit, then, what's the
point?

I'm also under the impression that failure and disgrace is the human
condition. It doesn't seem to bother our glorious American
leadership one bit.

HLAS is the closest thing we have to life before the Social Compact.
It serves an important purpose as a laboratory for studying the
evolution and devolution of intelligence and human discourse.

And so far... it's been safer than actual warfare. If the refereed
NFL is legal, then why not unrefereed HLAS? Which is more
dangerous?

Or have the Oxfordians discovered that the Stratfordians have
Weapons of Mass Destruction. Even if they do, they are no match for
Weapons of Mass Distraction.

Take heart.

"Once more into the breech..." er, sorry, I meant breach.

Woof!

Dogbrain