Kabardino-Balkaria: Memorial's Employee Questioned in the Prosecutor's Office and in the Investigative Committee

Human Rights Center Memorial

Jun 25, 2012, 4:30:00 AM6/25/12
to hrcmemo...@googlegroups.com

Kabardino-Balkaria: Memorial's Employee Questioned in the Prosecutor's Office and in the Investigative Committee

Human Rights Centre Memorial has spoken before about threats to our employee in Kabardino-Balkaria, the lawyer Rustam Matsev, from the police agent of the Main Department of Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) in the North Caucasus Federal District, colonel Nikolai Zavyalikov.

In regard to this we have sent a request to the prosecutor in KBR, as well as the commissioner of human rights in the Russian Federation. Following this, the commissioner's office turned to MHA and the prosecutor of the Russian Federation with a request to check the facts laid out by Matsev and to bring the culprits to justice.

On June 21st and 22nd Rustam Matsev was questioned in the prosecutor's office in KBR and in the Investigatory Office of SK of RF in KBR where he outlined his version of events.

June 25, 2012