letter to neighbors from the St. Margaret's Convent

Rodney Singleton

May 5, 2011, 10:27:17 PM5/5/11
to highland-park-ne...@googlegroups.com, highlandp...@googlegroups.com
Dear Neighbors:

Thank you for your interest in the sale of St. Margaret's Convent.  We wanted to let you know that Bridge Boston has decided that the site will not work for them as a charter school.

The process worked as it was intended with Bridge Boston doing their due diligence and determining that they could not make the site work for the special transportation needs of a school. They will be renting space in Jamaica Plain instead.

The property remains on the market.  Although we will miss this neighborhood, the building is too large for us and we cannot afford to stay here, especially at a time when we are focusing our limited resources on our mission in Haiti, whose people are suffering.  We are consolidating our convent in Duxbury, at a property our order has owned since 1903. We will continue to have a presence in Boston. Several Sisters will live in a small residence in the city in order to maintain the important urban ministry with which we are involved.

We look forward to continuing to work with the community.

Sincerely yours,

Sr. Adele Marie

Sr. Carolyn Darr