Launching myPNRstatus

advik tiwari

Nov 3, 2010, 6:35:01 AM11/3/10
to Hyderabad Startups, barcamp...@googlegroups.com, bangal...@googlegroups.com, punest...@googlegroups.com, HeadStart Network, Tata Jagriti Yatra
Friends,

My friend has come up with this website called mypnrstatus.comWhat mypnrstatus does is eliminate the customer pain of having to come back everytime to check the PNR status and sends him regular SMS to update him on his status. Basically it receives the SMS/entry from the website, hits the http://www.indianrail.gov.in/ website, gets the PNR status and sends it to the customer. Then on, based on when he is travelling, sends regular updates.

The only difference between google/indianrail and myPNRstatus is the flow of information. In google, users have to be proactive to find their status whereas in this case myPNRstatus is proactive to find changes and send SMS. Have a look and let your friends know.

Regards,
Advik

NAMITABH KOTHARI

Nov 3, 2010, 1:44:08 PM11/3/10
to tiwari...@gmail.com, Hyderabad Startups, barcamp...@googlegroups.com, bangal...@googlegroups.com, punest...@googlegroups.com, HeadStart Network, Tata Jagriti Yatra
thts a fantastic application !

I have used it and its wonderfully useful ! !

All the best ! !

--
" The Positive Statement - I M POSSIBLE ! "

Venkat G

Nov 3, 2010, 4:28:23 PM11/3/10
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com, Hyderabad Startups, bangal...@googlegroups.com, punest...@googlegroups.com, HeadStart Network, Tata Jagriti Yatra
This is a very cool Idea. I hope you guys manage to create a sustainable business model.

All the very best.

Happy Diwali!

Venkat

TwitterLatest tweet: Om Malik lists 10 insightful articles for startup entrepreneurs| The Essential Startup Reader-http://bit.ly/9074Fx #in @headstarters
  Get this email app!

Tarun Dua

Nov 5, 2010, 2:04:14 AM11/5/10
to tiwari...@gmail.com, bangal...@googlegroups.com, punest...@googlegroups.com, HeadStart Network
Reminded me of this http://xkcd.com/281/

Cheers!!
-Tarun
PS: It is indeed a useful application

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 4:05 PM, advik tiwari <tiwari...@gmail.com> wrote:

Pune's
* Startups - http://groups.google.com/group/punestartups
* OpenCoffee Club - http://punestartups.ning.com
* Tech - http://punetech.com/
* Startup Jobs - http://groups.google.com/group/punestartupjobs
* Students - http://groups.google.co.in/group/pocc-students

abhi gupta

Nov 7, 2010, 10:40:51 PM11/7/10
to taru...@gmail.com, tiwari...@gmail.com, bangal...@googlegroups.com, punest...@googlegroups.com, HeadStart Network
Very needful. All the very best.

Warm Regards
Abhishek Gupta

--
Andie
(Abhishek Gupta)

Sasidhar

Nov 8, 2010, 1:17:21 AM11/8/10
to tiwari...@gmail.com, Hyderabad Startups, barcamp...@googlegroups.com, bangal...@googlegroups.com, punest...@googlegroups.com, HeadStart Network, Tata Jagriti Yatra
wonderful appl...

Regards,
Sasidhar Nandigam

Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/snandigam
Twitter:    http://twitter.com/gaggedbytes

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 4:05 PM, advik tiwari <tiwari...@gmail.com> wrote:

Aditya vvsk

Nov 9, 2010, 12:29:43 PM11/9/10
to nandigam...@gmail.com, tiwari...@gmail.com, Hyderabad Startups, barcamp...@googlegroups.com, bangal...@googlegroups.com, punest...@googlegroups.com, HeadStart Network, Tata Jagriti Yatra
Excellent Application....U r really Rocking in technology
--
With Regards,
Aditya  V V S K

Chinmay Chopade

Nov 9, 2010, 5:11:42 AM11/9/10
to nandigam...@gmail.com, tiwari...@gmail.com, Hyderabad Startups, barcamp...@googlegroups.com, bangal...@googlegroups.com, punest...@googlegroups.com, HeadStart Network, Tata Jagriti Yatra
have used it and its wonderful!!! good going...

Vikas Kumar

Nov 10, 2010, 9:18:30 PM11/10/10
to adity...@gmail.com, nandigam...@gmail.com, tiwari...@gmail.com, Hyderabad Startups, barcamp...@googlegroups.com, bangal...@googlegroups.com, punest...@googlegroups.com, HeadStart Network, Tata Jagriti Yatra
hey just curious,
does it use scraping.

Warm Regards,
Vikas

Dipen

Nov 10, 2010, 9:27:17 PM11/10/10
to vikasku...@gmail.com, adity...@gmail.com, nandigam...@gmail.com, tiwari...@gmail.com, Hyderabad Startups, barcamp...@googlegroups.com, bangal...@googlegroups.com, punest...@googlegroups.com, HeadStart Network, Tata Jagriti Yatra

And would be easy to do with something like webdriver js, where in js code can be written selenium like macros.

Not sure if scraping is of any use here.

hemang choksi

Nov 12, 2010, 12:27:12 AM11/12/10
to chinmay...@gmail.com, nandigam...@gmail.com, tiwari...@gmail.com, Hyderabad Startups, barcamp...@googlegroups.com, bangal...@googlegroups.com, punest...@googlegroups.com, HeadStart Network, Tata Jagriti Yatra
Its nice concept.
Addition to this, create a widget of your this. Try to make it like plug in.

website : envisionsoftech.com
Email : in...@envisionsoftech.com
Best regards,
HEMANG

Swapnil

Nov 12, 2010, 1:15:27 AM11/12/10
to HeadStart Network
Really good application and dont worry it will scale up from 711 to
100 fold...

Put your website link as many places as you can so that people will
know about it.

Best of Luck...

Regards,

Swapnil Patil