Point-of-Fact : Consumers Are Buying "HD" Radios !

~ RHF

Feb 16, 2008, 12:16:58 PM2/16/08
to HD RADIO
- "HD Radio spinners claim a breakthrough year:
-Pulling a fast one"
- "According to a press release from the Alliance 330,000 HD
- receivers were sold last year.
- This is a 725 per cent increase from the 40,000 sets purchased
- a year earlier and therefore 2007 was a 'breakthrough year' for
- the technology. In 2008 they will sell a million of the things."
- http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/02/08/hd-radio-spinn...
-

I BOC'Deed and Half-Crocked,

OK lets see if I can get the Numbers correct :
In 2006 there were 40,000 "HD" Radios Sold
In 2007 there were 330,000 "HD" Radios Sold = 725% Increase
For 2008 there will be 1,000,000 "HD" Radios Sold = 203% Increase

Question - How Is This Bad News for "HD" Radio

So in reality . . .
Point-of-Fact : Consumers Are Buying "HD" Radios !

Using 2008 as a Baseline and an 'Average'
of a 200% Increase for Seven (7) Years :
2008 = 1 Million HD Radios Sold with 1 Million in use.
2009 = 3 Million HD Radios Sold with 4 Million in use.
2010 = 9 Million HD Radios Sold with 13 Million in use.
2011 = 27 Million HD Radios Sold with 40 Million in use.
2012 = 81 Million HD Radios Sold with 121 Million in use.
2013 = 243 Million HD Radios Sold with 364 Million in use.
2014 = 729 Million HD Radios Sold with 1+ Billion in use.
Every Household and Car/Truck along with Every Work
Place in the USA will have One or more "HD" Radios.

So 'potentially' within Seven (7) Years "HD" Radio will be
the most common type of "Free" Over-the-Air Radio that
is used and Listened-To by just about every American.

again how is that bad news for 'hd' radio ? ~ RHF
.

IBOCcrock

Feb 19, 2008, 6:23:28 AM2/19/08
to HD RADIO

On Feb 16, 12:16 pm, "~ RHF" <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> - "HD Radio spinners claim a breakthrough year:
> -Pulling a fast one"
> - "According to a press release from the Alliance 330,000 HD
> - receivers were sold last year.
> - This is a 725 per cent increase from the 40,000 sets purchased
> - a year earlier and therefore 2007 was a 'breakthrough year' for
> - the technology. In 2008 they will sell a million of the things."
> -http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/02/08/hd-radio-spinn...
No one is buying HD radios:

"HD Radio spinners claim a breakthrough year: Pulling a fast one"

"According to a press release from the Alliance 330,000 HD receivers
were sold last year. This is a 725 per cent increase from the 40,000
sets purchased a year earlier and therefore 2007 was a 'breakthrough
year' for the technology. In 2008 they will sell a million of the
things."

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/02/08/hd-radio-spinners-attempt-fast

"RAIN: Consumers, Wall Street Not Buying HD"

"So what's the play here? There doesn't seem to be one. The Radio
industry is correct to conclude that they need to make some changes to
start growing again, but they seem to have made a bad bet with HD, and
there doesn't seem to be much percentage in staying the course."

http://tinyurl.com/3cqnyq

"DEAD AIR: Radio's great leap forward stalling in the Valley"

"Retailers say no one is buying HD radios in South Texas despite
scattered attempts by broadcasters to promote the digital signal
technology..."

http://www.themonitor.com/news/radio_7098___article.html/digital_new.html

"HD Radio Has Yet To Take Off"

"But the technology hasn't taken off as expected. NBC 5 could not find
one person who owns a hi-def radio and neither could KISS FM's program
director. I don't know anybody that has one yet, Davis said."

http://www.nbc5i.com/technology/14878368/detail.html

"High-def radio is here, but is anyone listening?"

"But 19 Utah stations are broadcasting 31 high-definition radio
channels with six more coming soon... It seems the stations are
investing in technology the public isn't quite ready to embrace....
Some have heard it referred to but never had cause to get one. Unless
you are a gadget person, few of these radios have sold."

http://www.sltrib.com/technology/ci_7852904

"HD's here. Who's listening?"

"But consumers haven't exactly been stampeding to electronics stores
for the new HD Radio sets that are required to tune in the digital
signals."

http://www.twincities.com/business/ci_7991990?nclick_check=1#recent_comm

"Don't touch that dial: Digital radio lags behind"

"Digital radio -- now synonymous with the HD Radio brand name --
apparently has yet to catch on with listeners in this area..."

http://tinyurl.com/2gdmca