IBOC : Wishing That IBOC Will Fail : Ain't Going to Make IBOC Fail

~ RHF

Feb 18, 2008, 6:38:48 PM2/18/08
to HD RADIO
IBOC : Wishing That IBOC Will Fail : Ain't Going to Make IBOC Fail

On Feb 18, 6:18 am, Steve <sdanie...@speakeasy.net> wrote:
Point-of-Fact : Consumers Are Buying "HD" Radios !
- How Is This Bad News For "HD" Radio ?
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/74f1ead84fa7501e
- - On Feb 18, 2:08 am, RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:

- S N I P -

- - Steve - I don't have to be For -or- Against Something
- - to Honestly Evaluate It. Wishing that IBOC and "HD"
- - Radio will Fail : Ain't Gona Make It Fail.

- No, but I get the sense that you are wanting to promote
- HD radio simply because you're posting about it here,
- on a shortwave group.

Actually from a Google perspective this Message Thread
begain with the Post by IBOCcrock :
"Consumers, Wall Street Not Buying HD!"
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/245cef54a0f5da19

IBOCcrock has Posted around 750+ Messages related
to IBOC, and may be about 250 of those Messages that
He has Originated were about IBOC with an Anti-IBOC
Theme / Slant.

BUT ONE DARES TO CRITICIZE HIM FOR DOING SO
-because- Even though IBOC Ain't Shortwave Radio almost
Everyone here on Rec.Radio.Shortwave Newsgroup just
Loves-to-Hate IBOC "HD" Radio -because- It Does Destroy
Much of What is Left of AM/MW Radio DXing.

=But= Wishing that IBOC will Fail* : Ain't Going to Make
IBOC Fail +plus+ As others here have stated the is
Significant Radio Broadcaster $upport at the Corporate
Media Level for IBOC and the FCC $upports IBOC too.
* Hard to Fail when both Corporate Dollars and the US
Government Dollars are behind IBOC "HD" Radio.

- That's your prerogative, but I personally don't get it.

I Don't Have To Like It {Yes IMHO IBOC $ucks} :
To-Get-It ! {IBOC Most Likely Is Here To $tay}

- - IBOCcrock presented some 'numbers' and claimed
- - that those 'numbers' met that IBOC "HD" Radio is
- - Doomed to Failure : Those same Numbers can Mean
- - a Slow and Steady Growth for IBOC "HD" Radio for a
- - Decade of more. -ps- You don't have to like the Numbers
- - to give them an Honest Look.

- Giving the numbers an honest look means looking at more
- than the numbers themselves. It means looking at the
- development of Wimax and the fate (good or bad) of satellite
- radio. It means looking at the fact that HD doesn't address
- any of the real (i.e., programming) problems that explain the
- current sad state of much commercial broadcast radio.

I simply presented a Set-of-Numbers {a possibility} that
-if- they occured could show a slow progressive time-line
to the Public Acceptance of IBOC "HD" Radio as a
Transitional Evolution from Analog Broadcastion to Digital
Broadcasting in the same sort of disorderly process that
marked the change of from AM {Only} Radios to AM/FM
Radios and the follow-on change from AM/FM Radios to
AM/FM-Stereo Radios and the Oops of AM-Stereo Radio.
[ Things Happen -and- Not Necessarily for Good Reasons. ]

-ps- History Often Repeats Itself and this Time Radio
Broadcasters at the Corporate Media Level and the FCC
at the Federal Government Level are Helping IBOC "HD"
Radio along like they never did for : FM Radio; FM-Stereo
Radio; and they seem to have learned the Lesson of the
Failed AM-Stereo Radio.

- If broadcasters had vision, we wouldn't even need to be
- talking about HD.

What they may lack in "The Vision Thing" (1) they make up for in
the Economic Interest (2) and Public Image Making Thing (3)
along with Capital Resources (4) and their Political Muscle (5).
[ Four-out-of-Five Ain't Bad = $U¢¢E$$]
.
.
hy dee ray dee oh ~ RHF
Hello and Welcome to the "HD Radio" NewsGroup*
* http://groups.google.com/group/hd-radio/
HD RADIO GROUP => http://tinyurl.com/27kwyt
.
TAG = 27KWYT
.

~ RHF

Feb 19, 2008, 3:51:25 AM2/19/08
to HD RADIO
IBOC : Part 2 - Wishing That IBOC Will Fail :
Ain't Going to Make IBOC Fail

On Feb 18, 9:23 pm, Steve <sdanie...@speakeasy.net> wrote:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/70f4c8b81051ee67

- Well, you can extend the series still further and eventually
- you'll have more HD radios being sold each year than can
- fit within the confines of the earth and its atmosphere; but
- I just don't think it's gonna happen.

Dang you read my Play Book -and- As a Matter-of-Fact :
The Earth Itself will be make entirely of "HD" Radios.

- If success here means a quick, short term profit for the
- parties whose necks are most on the line, then sure.

Like Tomorrow - Future Profits are Promised To No One.

- If it means anything more than that, no way.

time will tell - Yes Only Time Will Tell !

- And I guess this is frequently what results
- when vision is lacking.

I Trust that the Radio People : Know the Radio Business.
Some Do It Well and naturally some do it poorly.

Their Challenge is to Leverage their current Media
Market Position and Capital Investment -into- a
Future diversified Pan-Media Market Position and
secure their Capital Investment across a broader
array of Media Ventures {Stay In Business}.

- What's going to be interesting is to see where the
- "vision" is with other, alternative media.

That is something that I do not focus on.

- Long after people have ceased thinking about or
- even remembering HD radio, what will pique their
- interest and capture their imaginations?

Ah - You have 'interests' beyond mine. - Alas I am
simply a Consumer of "Free" Over-the-Air AM & FM
Radio and nothing more.

- Darn, where did I put that crystal ball?

IDK - Mine came to Me over the Years . . .
as I Lost My Hair \O/ ~ RHF
.
.
yes - it's about iboc 'hd' radio ~ RHF

IBOCcrock

Feb 19, 2008, 6:16:24 AM2/19/08
to HD RADIO

On Feb 18, 6:38 pm, "~ RHF" <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> IBOC : Wishing That IBOC Will Fail : Ain't Going to Make IBOC Fail
>
> On Feb 18, 6:18 am, Steve <sdanie...@speakeasy.net> wrote:
>  Point-of-Fact : Consumers Are Buying "HD" Radios !
> - How Is This Bad News For "HD" Radio ?http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/74f1ead84fa7501e
> *http://groups.google.com/group/hd-radio/
> HD RADIO GROUP =>http://tinyurl.com/27kwyt
>  .
> TAG = 27KWYT
>  .

"IBOCcrock has Posted around 750+ Messages related
to IBOC, and may be about 250 of those Messages that
He has Originated were about IBOC with an Anti-IBOC
Theme / Slant."

WOW - that many! Cool!

IBOCcrock

Feb 19, 2008, 6:16:54 AM2/19/08
to HD RADIO
> *http://groups.google.com/group/hd-radio/
> HD RADIO GROUP =>http://tinyurl.com/27kwyt
>  .
> TAG = 27KWYT
>  .
You are a kook, and need t oget a life.

IBOCcrock

Feb 19, 2008, 6:19:31 AM2/19/08
to HD RADIO

On Feb 18, 6:38 pm, "~ RHF" <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> IBOC : Wishing That IBOC Will Fail : Ain't Going to Make IBOC Fail
>
> On Feb 18, 6:18 am, Steve <sdanie...@speakeasy.net> wrote:
>  Point-of-Fact : Consumers Are Buying "HD" Radios !
> - How Is This Bad News For "HD" Radio ?http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/74f1ead84fa7501e
> *http://groups.google.com/group/hd-radio/
> HD RADIO GROUP =>http://tinyurl.com/27kwyt
>  .
> TAG = 27KWYT
>  .

I've posted over a thousand links to my blog throughout the Internet:

http://tinyurl.com/27plgk

HD Radio is a farce!

http://hdradiofarce.blogspot.com/

~ RHF

Feb 20, 2008, 5:45:42 AM2/20/08
to HD RADIO
On Feb 19, 3:19 am, IBOCcrock <ibocisacr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
-
- I've posted over a thousand links to my blog throughout the
Internet:
-
- http://tinyurl.com/27plgk
-
- HD Radio is a farce!
-
- http://hdradiofarce.blogspot.com/

IBOCcrock - And still no one comes.

There is a [Hidden] Message there some where . . .
-ps- negativity don't sell very well

Here let me do it for you : Hello Everyone
Please Visit the "HD Radio Farce" Blog-Spot
http://hdradiofarce.blogspot.com/

I simply prefer to Preach the Good Word of Spiritual Freedom
as in "Free" Over-the-Air AM/FM Radio be it Analog or Digital
- am, Am. AM ! ~ RHF
.

IBOCcrock

Feb 20, 2008, 6:19:24 AM2/20/08
to HD RADIO

On Feb 20, 5:45 am, "~ RHF" <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> On Feb 19, 3:19 am, IBOCcrock <ibocisacr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> -
> - I've posted over a thousand links to my blog throughout the
> Internet:
> -
> -http://tinyurl.com/27plgk
> -
> - HD Radio is a farce!
> -
> -http://hdradiofarce.blogspot.com/
>
> IBOCcrock - And still no one comes.
>
> There is a [Hidden] Message there some where . . .
> -ps- negativity don't sell very well
>
> Here let me do it for you : Hello Everyone
> Please Visit the "HD Radio Farce" Blog-Spothttp://hdradiofarce.blogspot.com/
>
> I simply prefer to Preach the Good Word of Spiritual Freedom
> as in "Free" Over-the-Air AM/FM Radio be it Analog or Digital
> - am, Am. AM ! ~ RHF
>  .

Do you have a fucking life - seriously.