Status Of OpenCV on Hawkboard.

phoenix

Feb 18, 2010, 7:47:14 AM2/18/10
to hawkboard
Can anybody what is status of Opencv on Hawkboard?

--
Pankaj Tanotra
NIT Raipur

Guillaume Sanahuja

Feb 18, 2010, 8:23:14 AM2/18/10
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm currently working on OpenCV on an OMAP3530 platform. The aim is then to move it to OMAPL138.
For the moment I'm getting used of the DSP on OMAP platforms (dsplink, lpm,cmem, acpy3, dman3...).
I've begun to work with some image processing like grayscale conversion and sobel filter. Results are pretty good.
To have better results I still need to learn more about DSP.

Regards,
Guillaume

Jason Kridner

Feb 18, 2010, 9:28:47 AM2/18/10
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 7:23 AM, Guillaume Sanahuja
<guillaume...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently working on OpenCV on an OMAP3530 platform. The aim is then to
> move it to OMAPL138.
> For the moment I'm getting used of the DSP on OMAP platforms (dsplink,
> lpm,cmem, acpy3, dman3...).
> I've begun to work with some image processing like grayscale conversion and
> sobel filter. Results are pretty good.
> To have better results I still need to learn more about DSP.

Results running on the OMAP-L138 DSP should be even better than
running on the OMAP3530 DSP, since the one on the OMAP-L138 add
floating-point support, which OpenCV uses.

Guillaume Sanahuja

Feb 18, 2010, 9:33:53 AM2/18/10
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Yes it should be better when you do floating point operations.
Otherwise OMAP3530's DSP is faster than OMAPL138's one.

Regards,
Guillaume.

Andrés Calderón

Feb 18, 2010, 10:12:18 PM2/18/10
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 9:33 AM, Guillaume Sanahuja
<guillaume...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Yes it should be better when you do floating point operations.
> Otherwise OMAP3530's DSP is faster than OMAPL138's one.
>
> Regards,
> Guillaume.

Guillaume,

Very interesting work. The current progress is available on line
(sources, patchs...)? some early benchmark results ?

BR

Andrés Calderón
Cel: +57 (300) 275 3666
Email: andres....@emqbit.com