Finding Harmony History

Geo

May 8, 2012, 7:02:12 AM5/8/12
to gg
A few years ago Jim Warren and I had a silly exchange about how to use
Google to find something (see "Is Someone Lying Here?",
http://tinyurl.com/6otr493 ). Consider this search term:

harmony fl

Way back then I pointed out that this forum was hard to find if all you knew
was "Harmony" and "Florida". Using the above search term at that time, the
"HarmonyFLcommons.com" website was found on page 9 and the Harmony page on
Wikipedia was found on page 13.

Doing the same Google search today finds the "HarmonyFLcommons.com" website
on page 2 and the Wikipedia Harmony page on page 1!

Now suppose someone is doing research on what has been going on in Harmony
over the past several years. On page 1 of the search results they will not
only find the "HarmonyFL.com" website (and therefore Starwood's version of
Harmony's history, see "Our History",
http://www.webcitation.org/67PbayTyt ), but they will also find the history
of Harmony that has been recorded in this forum since 2006 (see "Harmony
History", http://tinyurl.com/cge5pyt ). This history will be found through
the Harmony page on Wikipedia.

I am sure that we can all agree that seeing the viewpoints of Harmony
residents about Harmony as well as the developer's viewpoint about Harmony
is eminently fair to all concerned.

By the same token, hopefully we can all agree that anyone attempting to
limit access to these differing viewpoints about Harmony is engaged in
something that is fundamentally unfair and just plain wrong.