Developer Dirty Tricks - CONFIRMED

Geo

May 23, 2012, 7:07:02 AM5/23/12
to gg
This is the first article in a lengthy series on corporate corruption in
Harmony.

.) Someone using a Starwood / Harmony Development Company
computer vandalized the Wikipedia page about Harmony.

.) All references to any criticism of the developer were
expunged from Wikipedia. This included the references
to the history of Harmony documented here since 2006.

.) Shad Tome, President of Harmony Development Company
blamed the vandalism on a young UCF intern. According
to Mr. Tome the intern did the work on Mr. Tome's own
computer at his own desk in his Harmony Development
corporate office without his prior knowledge.

.) The UCF intern denied Mr. Tome's claim.

.) The director of interns at UCF (University of Central
Florida) confirmed that editing Wikipedia is not part
of the intern's job description.

Details:

This is a continuation of a previous topic posted with a similar name almost
two years ago (see "Developer Dirty Tricks?", http://tinyurl.com/dx7e8v7 ).
That topic was posed as a question at the time since developer involvement
could not be proven (then).

This is all about Wikipedia vandalism (see "Wikipedia Vandalism",
http://tinyurl.com/7vg9fny ) and the extremes that a multi-billion dollar
corporation like Starwood (see "Don't be Evil", http://tinyurl.com/c8b4srs )
will go to in its efforts to hide the truth from the public.

Unless Starwood / Harmony Development Company now wants to claim that
someone hacked into Shad Tome's computer and did the dirty deed for them,
developer involvement in the Wikipedia vandalism can be proven beyond a
shadow of a doubt.

This is also about the developer's multiple apparent attempts to hide
Harmony history from prospective home buyers (see "Finding Harmony History",
http://tinyurl.com/7dszaes ).

In 2010 Jim Warren (see "Agents of Starwood", http://tinyurl.com/7gcvpym and
"Full Disclosure", http://tinyurl.com/7lzxvw9 ) was the only person to ask a
question about the previous vandalism incident (again see "Developer Dirty
Tricks?", http://tinyurl.com/dx7e8v7 ).

George wrote:

IMHO, these recent goofy acts show the unmistakable
tracks of Bozo, big floppy footprints and all.

Jim wrote:

Who is this "Bozo" George?

At the time I didn't answer Jim's question. I will now.

Based primarily on the false identity of the vandal, I really thought that
it was Jim Warren who vandalized Wikipedia in 2010, but I wasn't sure. That
is why I didn't name him.

I must apologize to you Jim. I think that we were both being used and
manipulated at the time. The use of "Garnett Keeler" (a British PR firm) as
a false identity for the vandal in 2010 was clever. Whoever did the
vandalism at that time knew Jim Warren is British. They also knew that I
knew this. So apparently the vandal wanted to make it look like you did it
Jim. Or perhaps a British firm was just selected by random chance. There is
no way to know for sure.

Is it plausible that folks who work for a multi-billion dollar international
real-estate empire like Starwood might know about "Garnett Keeler" (see
http://garnett-keeler.com/ )? That seems plausible to me.

That was then.

I now have definitive proof that either Shad Tome (see "Harmony Cast of
Characters", http://tinyurl.com/7d2px3k ) or someone working from Shad
Tome's computer in his Harmony Development corporate offices vandalized the
Wikipedia page about Harmony on December 7, 2011.

This is what the Harmony Wikipedia page looked like before December 7, 2011:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?oldid=444316948

This is what the Harmony Wikipedia page looked like after December 7, 2011:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?oldid=464585014

You will notice that a paragraph was removed that begins "In 2005 the
development of Harmony was purchased by Starwood Capital Group." Also the
link to the "Harmony Residents Independent site" in the "External links"
section was removed. Both of these items were originally added to Wikipedia
in 2008.

You will also notice that the person making the changes is only identified
as "edited by 71.43.235.118". Thus we only know the editor by his IP
(Internet Protocol) address. This is the unique identifier that makes it
possible to pinpoint computers anywhere on the internet. It is roughly
equivalent to an internet street address. Figure out who owns the IP address
and you will unveil the identity of the formerly "anonymous" editor.

The vandal not only shows no regard for fairness and objectivity, but he
also lacks the courage to identify himself publicly. He did his work in
secret, anonymously, with impunity and apparently with a sense that no one
would ever know what he was up to. Why not? It almost worked before. It
could work this time.

The two references to the actual history of Harmony (see "Harmony History",
http://tinyurl.com/cge5pyt ) were completely expunged from Wikipedia. One
reference was in the paragraph that was removed and the other was in the
"external links" section. These two distinct removals were done as two
separate edits, each one a minute apart.

Thus all references to any criticism of Starwood / Harmony Development
Company were completely and anonymously removed from Wikipedia by someone
located at 71.43.235.118.

On December 7, 2011, the physical address associated with IP address
71.43.235.118 was this:

Harmony Sales & Information Center
Harmony Development Company
3500 Harmony Square Drive West
Harmony, FL 34773

Shad Tome quickly reversed the changes (once he knew the changes had been
traced to his computer and after first denying even knowing what Wikipedia
is - "Wikipedia? Not comprehending the question."). This incident shows what
lengths a multiple-billion dollar corporation like Starwood will go to
service its own business needs.

Apparently Starwood thought that it could secretly destroy information in
Wikipedia. Perhaps it thought that its publicity problem could be solved in
this way.

No more links from Wikipedia would mean that this information would be
hidden from easy view. Starwood's prospective customers would likely never
see it. Even if the Wikipedia changes were noticed and reversed, no one
would know that it was Starwood / Harmony Development Company that did the
anonymous vandalism.

A multiple-billion dollar corporation like Starwood apparently thinks that
it's OK to rewrite Harmony history. Starwood seems to do whatever it takes
to keep unsuspecting home buyers from reading the truth about Harmony (see
"Historical Revisionism (aka "negationism")", http://tinyurl.com/7bed4cp ).
It does this knowing full well that the truth is now very easy to find
(again see "Finding Harmony History", http://tinyurl.com/7dszaes ), but only
if readers are able to find this newsgroup's links in Wikipedia first.

This kind of abuse of power has long been well known. It has been written
about before, but usually in fiction. One of the best examples is Orwell's
1984 (see http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four ). From chapter
3:

And if all others accepted the lie which the Party
imposed - if all records told the same tale � then the
lie passed into history and became truth. 'Who controls
the past,' ran the Party slogan, 'controls the future:
who controls the present controls the past.'

This is all very reminiscent of yet another attempt by the developer to
revise history here (see "Harmony Revisionism" http://tinyurl.com/29pu945 ).

Everyone who buys a home in Harmony lives under this kind of manipulation
and control whether they want to believe it or not.

After Shad Tome's denial, I called Bob Geimer, the VP of Starwood
responsible for Harmony. I told him about the evidence that traces the
Wikipedia vandalism to a computer in Shad Tome's corporate offices. In a
matter of minutes Shad Tome called me. We met in person shortly thereafter.
Mr. Tome admitted that someone in his offices did indeed edit Wikipedia. Mr.
Tome also claimed that he did not know in advance that the vandalism would
occur.

Mr. Tome volunteered that the vandalism was done "accidentally" by a
temporary UCF intern whose employment had since expired. The intern was
hired by a UCF graduate, Bill Fife (see "Harmony Cast of Characters",
http://tinyurl.com/7d2px3k ). According to Mr. Tome this young UCF intern
(who is still a student of the Rosen College of Hospitality Management at
the University of Central Florida) sat down at Mr. Tome's private computer,
in Mr. Tome's chair, at Mr. Tome's desk, in Mr. Tome's private office on the
second floor of the Harmony Welcome Center (see "What is Harmony?",
http://tinyurl.com/8abn5fe ) and vandalized Wikipedia without Mr. Tome's
prior knowledge or consent. Mr. Tome refused to divulge the intern's name.

Mr. Tome claimed that the UCF intern was simply instructed to update
Facebook and Wikipedia about Harmony.

So I spoke to the UCF intern myself. The name of the intern is being
withheld since I believe that this intern was used as an unwitting
scapegoat.

This is an excerpt of the email summary of our phone call (identifiers have
been removed):

When I informed you that I was told by Shad Tome,
President of Harmony Development Company, that an
intern made edits to Harmony's Wikipedia page last
month, you were surprised.

I asked if there were any other interns working for
Harmony last month besides you and [removed]. You
confirmed that no other interns were working for
Harmony at that time. Since you were the only [removed]
intern working at that time you agreed that any
reference to an intern as [removed] must have been
referring to you.

When I told you that Mr. Tome indicated that you (ie.
"the intern", [removed]) not only made changes to Wikipedia
but also to Facebook, you told me that instructions
were given to you by Bill Fife (not Shad Tome) to make
changes to Facebook only (via Constant Contact).

You did not edit the Harmony, FL Wikipedia page. In
fact, you have never edited anything on Wikipedia.

When I told you that Mr. Tome indicated that the
"intern" who made the Wikipedia changes did so while
sitting at Mr. Tome's corporate office desk, you were
also surprised since you have never seen Mr. Tome's
office. In fact, you have never even used a Harmony
Development computer on the second floor of the Harmony
Development corporate offices (where Mr. Tome's office
is located). You have only ever used computers on the
first floor of the Harmony Development corporate
offices and certainly not for Mr. Tome directly or in
his name.

Note: For the record, this summary of my phone call
with the UCF intern is accurate. But the intern
refused to go on the record either to confirm or
deny it. This refusal occurred after the intern
made a subsequent phone call to Shad Tome.

In my efforts to confirm the intern's story, I contacted Dr. Sheri Dressler,
Director, Office of Experiential Learning, UCF. Dr. Dressler is responsible
for internships at the UCF Rosen College. It is my understanding that she
spoke to the intern's direct supervisor as well as to the intern. Dr.
Dressler did not hesitate to go on the record about this matter.

I forwarded to Dr. Dressler the above account given to me by the intern who
worked for Harmony. This is Dr. Dressler's reply:

May 23, 2012, 12:32:30 PM5/23/12
to harm...@googlegroups.com
Future posts to this thread will only be accepted from Bob Geimer, Bob
Evans, Shad Tome or myself.

Alternatively, if anyone else has documented evidence that refutes or
supports what appears on this thread, that will be accepted as well.
Naturally, anyone can post whatever they like on other threads (within
reason, see various discussions on group moderation policy as well as
"Welcome to HarmonyFL !", http://tinyurl.com/89mcfnt ).

Geo

May 24, 2012, 9:40:41 PM5/24/12
to gg
On January 4, 2012 the email below was sent to Bob Geimer of Starwood
Capitol Group (see "Harmony Cast of Characters",
http://tinyurl.com/7d2px3k ).

On January 6, 2012 a letter was sent to my home from Bob Geimer by way of
Bob Evans (see "Lochmere Development Group", http://tinyurl.com/7qmjsn5 ).
It arrived on the 7th.

On January 9, 2012 the same letter from Bob Geimer / Bob Evans was hand
delivered to me personally by two Osceola County Sheriff's Deputies (see
"Living in Fear in Harmony", http://tinyurl.com/75o4rfk ).

My wife is convinced that the stress caused by Bob Geimer's letter helped
send her to the St. Cloud Hospital emergency room a few days later.