the coder of H2 now is only Thomas Mueller?

Ryan Wang

Aug 8, 2007, 3:38:14 AM8/8/07
to H2 Database
Other Open Source Project we can see a lot people to join in . But H2
seem only Thomas works on it. I found nothing about the Project
Participants. Hope this is my mistake.

Thomas Mueller

Aug 8, 2007, 3:54:43 PM8/8/07
to h2-da...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

In a way that's correct, but in another way it's wrong. A lot of
people write bug reports, send patches, send test cases, translate the
documentation, and ask for features and thus help prioritize new
development. Some sent money. Even those who just ask questions are
valuable, it shows where a feature is not easy enough to use or where
documentation is missing. But many contributers are not very
'visible'.

Most new development is currently done by me. I don't think it will
stay like this forever, but probably it helped so far to keep the
source code 'uniform' (maybe that's the wrong word). Large
refactorings are much easier that way.

Thomas

Dan Allen

Aug 8, 2007, 10:31:39 PM8/8/07
to H2 Database
I think a lot of this simply has to to with exposure. The open source
community is awesome, but it is also very busy right now with so many
new and existing projects out there, especially in the database space.
The more people that know and use H2, the greater the chance of the
project team growing. I am going to do my part by featuring the H2
database in the book that I am writing on the Seam framework. I happen
to think that H2 is amazing despite being ~ 1MB in size.

/dan

On Aug 8, 3:54 pm, "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In a way that's correct, but in another way it's wrong. A lot of
> people write bug reports, send patches, send test cases, translate the
> documentation, and ask for features and thus help prioritize new
> development. Some sent money. Even those who just ask questions are
> valuable, it shows where a feature is not easy enough to use or where
> documentation is missing. But many contributers are not very
> 'visible'.
>
> Most new development is currently done by me. I don't think it will
> stay like this forever, but probably it helped so far to keep the
> source code 'uniform' (maybe that's the wrong word). Large
> refactorings are much easier that way.
>
> Thomas

Ryan Wang

Aug 13, 2007, 5:00:44 AM8/13/07