Disk Image Couldn't Be Opened

Chris

Sep 29, 2009, 5:19:22 PM9/29/09
to Growl Discuss
Any idea why I'm getting this message when attempting to open the 1.2
DMG?

http://skitch.com/cpoteet/nbfw1/warning

Peter Hosey

Sep 29, 2009, 5:20:10 PM9/29/09
to growld...@googlegroups.com
On Sep 29, 2009, at 14:19:22, Chris wrote:
> Any idea why I'm getting this message when attempting to open the
> 1.2 DMG?

Most likely because you didn't download all of it. Try downloading it
again.

Chris

Sep 30, 2009, 8:56:16 AM9/30/09
to Growl Discuss
I'm having the same issue - have tried downloading twice.
I'm running OS X 10.5.8. Is anybody else able to mount the image:
http://growl.googlecode.com/files/Growl-1.2.dmg

valharp

Sep 30, 2009, 8:57:10 AM9/30/09
to Growl Discuss
On Sep 29, 5:20 pm, Peter Hosey <p...@growl.info> wrote:
I'm getting the same message -- "Growl-1.2.dmg not recognized" . I've
downloaded several times with the same results. all downloads have
been complete.

Chris Forsythe

Sep 30, 2009, 9:04:10 AM9/30/09
to growld...@googlegroups.com
Try downloading it in another browser.

Chris

Xenu

Sep 30, 2009, 9:11:10 AM9/30/09
to Growl Discuss
You mean Growl won't download properly on Firefox 3.5.3 for Mac??

Chris Forsythe

Sep 30, 2009, 9:27:53 AM9/30/09
to growld...@googlegroups.com
I mean you should try something else if something isn't working. The
definition of insanity is trying to the same thing over and over again
and expecting different results.

I just downloaded it in safari, and it opened fine. Try it in safari.

This is the direct link:

http://code.google.com/p/growl/downloads/list

Chris

Nicholas Sanders

Sep 30, 2009, 9:25:09 AM9/30/09
to growld...@googlegroups.com
I thought that was alchemy!

--

Nicholas J A Sanders
___________________

+44 [0]7092 153 409
n...@semiotek.org
___________________

Xenu

Sep 30, 2009, 9:26:49 AM9/30/09
to Growl Discuss
Same error downloading on Safari. Still can't open file.

Xenu

Sep 30, 2009, 9:44:41 AM9/30/09
to Growl Discuss
Any other browsers I should try?

orlando l

Sep 30, 2009, 9:51:31 AM9/30/09
to Growl Discuss
Same thing here!. disk image not recognized..

Christopher Forsythe

Sep 30, 2009, 10:45:26 AM9/30/09
to growld...@googlegroups.com
I have a few google engineers in #growl on irc right now working through the problem. You can retry downloading for now, but it'll fail randomly. Once they say it's working again I'll email the list.

Chris

Phegm

Sep 30, 2009, 10:45:50 AM9/30/09
to Growl Discuss
Same - running Snow Leopard - disk image not recognized.

What's up?

Phegm

Sep 30, 2009, 10:46:25 AM9/30/09
to Growl Discuss
Same - disk image not recognized.

On Sep 30, 7:45 am, Christopher Forsythe <ch...@growl.info> wrote:
> I have a few google engineers in #growl on irc right now working through the
> problem. You can retry downloading for now, but it'll fail randomly. Once
> they say it's working again I'll email the list.
>
> Chris

Christopher Forsythe

Sep 30, 2009, 10:47:00 AM9/30/09
to growld...@googlegroups.com
Read what I said, they're working on it.

Christopher Forsythe

Sep 30, 2009, 11:05:42 AM9/30/09
to growld...@googlegroups.com
Ok, try downloading it now.

MRW

Sep 30, 2009, 11:43:14 AM9/30/09
to Growl Discuss
Same problem here. Tried multiple browsers, multiple machines, and
multiple times. Definitely an issue with the DMG.

Thanks for the great software, and the support!

Tamas

Sep 30, 2009, 11:48:02 AM9/30/09
to Growl Discuss
It's fairly slow. D/l speed hovering around 5k/s... I guess google's
engineers are still tweaking.

Christopher Forsythe

Sep 30, 2009, 11:57:21 AM9/30/09
to growld...@googlegroups.com
Ugh, ya. Googlers are looking into it more. One of us will let the list know when we get a message to try it again.

Chris

Christopher Forsythe

Sep 30, 2009, 11:58:10 AM9/30/09
to growld...@googlegroups.com
They are indeed. Thanks for the info Tamas

Christopher Forsythe

Sep 30, 2009, 12:31:47 PM9/30/09
to growld...@googlegroups.com
So apparently we are pushing more traffic than the Google Code team expected, and we caught them off guard. They're working on fixing that, but it's going to be more than a few days. The reason we are using GC in the first place to host the download file is because we were pushing quite a bit of traffic with the 1.1.6 release, and that was causing a large amount of issues for Network Redux.

So, this all said, we can either find a mirror or two for a few days until GC fixing their problem (they assure us that we won't see this in the future once they fix it), or we can sit and wait. Downloads will eventually work, you just may have to try it a few times to get it to work.

Chris

Evan Schoenberg, M.D.

Sep 30, 2009, 1:06:09 PM9/30/09
to growld...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps cachefly could help?

-Evan

Christopher Forsythe

Sep 30, 2009, 1:13:43 PM9/30/09
to growld...@googlegroups.com
Ya, perhaps. Been waiting on him to get online :)

Chris

i.aten...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2009, 4:04:59 PM9/30/09
to growld...@googlegroups.com
.torrent?

Christopher Forsythe

Sep 30, 2009, 4:38:40 PM9/30/09
to growld...@googlegroups.com
Can you not download from cachefly now?

i.aten...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2009, 4:57:11 PM9/30/09
to growld...@googlegroups.com
i'm alright; got in there early :)
just throwing the thought out.

Christopher Forsythe

Sep 30, 2009, 5:24:31 PM9/30/09
to growld...@googlegroups.com
We just needed a better mirror. Not to make the download process more difficult for users. :)

Nicholas Sanders

Christopher Forsythe

Sep 30, 2009, 5:40:35 PM9/30/09
to growld...@googlegroups.com
Probably not since the download was corrupt due to what we've been talking about in this thread.

Nicholas Sanders