Plan to install Solar PV Module Manufacturing Plant

Anuj Agarwal

Dec 22, 2010, 3:40:29 AM12/22/10
to green...@googlegroups.com

Dear Members,

We are looking getting into Solar PV Module manufacturing plant of an initial size of 15-20MW per annum. Some basic questions, which I have and I am requesting experts to answer are:

1.     Is this the right time to go for such a project, when India currently only has an annual capacity of 1100 MW per annum for solar modules with expected annual increase of 20% every year?

2.     How big a threat would be of government allowing foreign manufacturers to supply in the Nehru solar mission projects as well as the stand alone capital subsidy KW size projects?

3.     How big a threat would China be if government policies are amended?

4.     Our study says there are a lot of plants in India, which are running on over capacity and their production is sold for next 6 months, but there are certain companies (I am not mentioning names) which are running on under capacity, where there are no takers and I know atleast one company which is even ready for liquidation! How is this big disparity between their demand status when all these companies are having almost similar quality certifications and using latest technology?

5.     Can anyone recommend whether it is good to go for a crystalline or a thin film module manufacturing line?

6.     Lastly, where can I find project consultants who can design, develop and commission the plant for us on turnkey basis? We are looking at direct consultants and no brokers.

My study says not only India but continent like Africa & Europe is also a big market for such modules as China is exporting a lot to various countries in these continents. If realistically Nehru Solar Mission succeeds of projecting 20000MW grid connected solar power plants, even stand alone systems market should also be atleast 500MW if not more in next 5 years. This means there would be a huge gap between demand and supply and this can be projected as a good opportunity to go for this plant.

Valuable guidance and comments would really help.

Thank you

Anuj Agarwal – CEO (an...@powerliners.com )

Powerliners India

Jaipur

www.solarpowerindia.in / www.powerliners.com

--
With best regards,

ANUJ AGARWAL

Suraj Mining (Granite) Pvt. Ltd.,
205, 2nd Fl., Upasna Apt.,
Bihari-marg, Bani-Park, Jaipur-16, India
Tel: +91-141-2202641 / 2202876 / 2207714
Fax: +91-141-2202190
Please visit us at www.surajstone.com
Cell: +91-98290-62648
Skype: anuj_agarwal

AN ISO 9001: 2000 CERTIFIED COMPANY.

Prabhakar Komaravolu

Dec 22, 2010, 6:03:05 AM12/22/10
to Green-India: India's Energy Future and Sustainable Living, Anuj Agarwal
Hello Anuj,

Pl refer my email sent to you now. Hope it helps.
Rgds
KP

Anuj Agarwal

Dec 22, 2010, 11:38:45 PM12/22/10
to Prabhakar Komaravolu, Green-India: India's Energy Future and Sustainable Living
Thank you Prabhakar. Let me check and revert to you today.

K G R Rao

Jan 23, 2011, 10:14:59 AM1/23/11
to Green-India: India's Energy Future and Sustainable Living
This with reference to your info, for PV modules. Expected in India
now is between
US $ 2.00 to 2.25, per watt. China market price for polycrystalline
US $ 1. 98 CIF India, little Chinese company is offering direct in
emails.

ganesh

raokg...@gmail.com

On Dec 22 2010, 1:40 pm, Anuj Agarwal <anuj.surajexpo...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Anuj Agarwal – CEO (a...@powerliners.com )
>
> Powerliners India
>
> Jaipur
>
> www.solarpowerindia.in/www.powerliners.com
>
> --
> With best regards,
>
> ANUJ AGARWAL
>
> Suraj Mining (Granite) Pvt. Ltd.,
> 205, 2nd Fl., Upasna Apt.,
> Bihari-marg, Bani-Park, Jaipur-16, India
> Tel:+91-141-2202641begin_of_the_skype_highlighting            +91-141-2202641      end_of_the_skype_highlighting/ 2202876 / 2207714
> Fax: +91-141-2202190
> Please visit us atwww.surajstone.com
> Cell:+91-98290-62648begin_of_the_skype_highlighting            +91-98290-62648      end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Levine L

Jan 26, 2011, 10:47:25 AM1/26/11
to Green-India: India's Energy Future and Sustainable Living
Hi Anuj,
you have raised some relevant questions on Solar PV issues. you should
consult an expert to get the right answers, but let me answer your
queries as a well educated layman.

1. No. this is not the right time to enter the PV market. the national
solar mission is yet to give any clarity on solar module manufacturing
in india. moreover large scale power producers are hesitant to enter
the market due to power purchase agreement issues.

2. many power producers are lobbying in the government to allow
foreign
manufacturers so as to bring down prices. right now, domestic
manufacturers are selling modules at a high price.

3. as KGR Rao has pointed out, the Chinese players are eager to enter
our market. unless Indian players have the capability to produce
silicon chips, they cannot bring down the price.

4. the big disparity between companies is due to lack of marketing and
inability to build market awareness. Indian market is not at all aware
of RE opportunities and solar PV is still unaffordable for common man.

5. crystalline is costly but it is highly power efficient. thin films
are cheaper but they are not efficient.

6. i can suggest two consultants i know -
- http://www.novonous.com/ecommerce/analysis-of-solar-energy-industry-in-india-and-its-future-prospects
- Chandan Palaksha of Green Photon Energy
http://www.greenphotonenergy.com/
regards
Lawry

wrote:
> Anuj Agarwal – CEO (a...@powerliners.com )
>
> Powerliners India
>
> Jaipur
>
> www.solarpowerindia.in/www.powerliners.com

Archit Somani

Jan 26, 2011, 2:34:07 PM1/26/11
to green...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lawry,
Well I agree with most of your answers, but disagree with this point.

1. No. this is not the right time to enter the PV market. the national
solar mission is yet to give any clarity on solar module manufacturing
in india. moreover large scale power producers are hesitant to enter
the market due to power purchase agreement issues.

A plant is not commissioned overnight, and production doesnot starts overnight too.
Also, this is the right time for market entry, as all these problems are known.
So, it is right time to start building facilities and improvise upon manufactured goods,
or else, someday or another we have to rely on imports of these better engineered PV modules,
or to have a market with oligopoly, or only big few brands dominating market capitalisation.

Moreover, big companies are sceptical only due to two main reasons I think. Investments are huge, and
ROI is big. RnD costs are also huge, for good qualiy products here.

I'm sorry, but these are just my views.

Regards
Archit

to discuss India's Energy Future and Sustainable Living.

Green-India
http://green-india.in

Rules and Disclaimer
http://groups.google.com/group/green-india/web

To unsubscribe, send email to
green-india...@googlegroups.com

Ritesh Parikh

Jan 27, 2011, 1:57:07 AM1/27/11
to green...@googlegroups.com
I am also disagree for one of your point saying PPA Issue. In Gujarat Itself PPA is signed for 957 MW.

So i am not sure where you find PPA Issue?

Thanks
Ritesh Parikh