Small windmills

bhaska...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2009, 6:32:48 AM2/12/09
to India's Energy Future and Sustainable Living
Hi

An NGO is looking for small windmills to drive water pumps in remote
villages.
If anyone know of a suitable source please let me know.

best regards

Bhaskar

Thaddeus Ward

Feb 13, 2009, 7:33:05 AM2/13/09
to India's Energy Future and Sustainable Living
You should talk with Manu Sharma (our host here) about Motorwind. I
don't know if they have a system that directly drives a pump, but they
can certainly produce electricity for that purpose.

-TW

Manu Sharma

Feb 13, 2009, 11:27:15 AM2/13/09
to green...@googlegroups.com
Motorwind does have a water pump system -- incidentally, it's one of the most efficient applications of wind energy as there's no energy conversion losses involved (mechanical to mechanical). However, the parent company remains undecided about when to enter the India market. So unfortunately for now, Motorwind isn't an option.

Thanks,
Manu

GAV MASTER

Feb 13, 2009, 10:13:37 AM2/13/09
to green...@googlegroups.com
Dear Bhaskarji,
      I am working in non conventional energy sources of energy in Mechanical Engg. Deptt. of Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, at SURAT in gujarat state and in our campus we too got these type of reciprocating pump driven by wind mill manufacture by Gujarat state Enegy Development Agency as they give us subsidy  to erect such pump by some technical institute in or nearby Bhavnagar.

pratheesh p parambath

Feb 13, 2009, 11:51:10 AM2/13/09
to thadde...@gmail.com, green...@googlegroups.com
be in touch with tinytech on "http://www.tinytechindia.com/productasglance.htm" for this requirment, Mr.v.k desiai might be the right person to contact and it is located at Rajkot.

Pratheesh Parambath

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 18:03:10 +0530 wrote

>You should talk with Manu Sharma (our host here) about Motorwind.  I
>don't know if they have a system that directly drives a pump, but they
>can certainly produce electricity for that purpose.
>
>-TW
>
>On Feb 12, 6:32 am, bhaskarmv...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> An NGO is looking for small windmills to drive water pumps in remote
>> villages.
>> If anyone know of a suitable source please let me know.
>>
>> best regards
>>
>> Bhaskar

Airtel

Manu Sharma

Feb 13, 2009, 12:02:02 PM2/13/09
to green...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 10:21 PM, pratheesh p parambath <prath...@rediffmail.com> wrote:
be in touch with tinytech on "http://www.tinytechindia.com/productasglance.htm" for this requirment, Mr.v.k desiai might be the right person to contact and it is located at Rajkot.

That's a 30W turbine. It wouldn't work for water pumping.

MNRE has a list of accredited suppliers of small windmills on its website that are eligible for govt. subsidy.

Thanks,
Manu

Ajay Chandak

Feb 13, 2009, 12:33:57 PM2/13/09
to green...@googlegroups.com
Mr. Veljibhai has a good range of windmills manufactured for power generation as well as water pumping ones. Its worth contacting him if he is in a position to supply.
Regards,

Ajay Chandak.

indus valley

Feb 15, 2009, 2:20:51 AM2/15/09
to chan...@sancharnet.in, green...@googlegroups.com
DO TELL US THE DETAILS OF THAT SMALL WIND TURBINE..
RGDS
VINAY

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 23:04:09 +0530 wrote

>Mr. Veljibhai has a good range of windmills manufactured for power generation as well as water pumping ones. Its worth contacting him if he is in a position to supply.
>Regards,
>
>Ajay Chandak.

Shopping

Mahendra Shah y

Feb 15, 2009, 4:05:17 PM2/15/09
to chan...@sancharnet.in, green...@googlegroups.com
IT WILL BE VERY USEFUL
IF WE HAVE ANY USER EXPERIENCE / PERFORMANCE EXAMPLES
[1] Outputs vs. Rated specs.
[2] Maintenance issues windmill, Generator, inverters
[3] User suggestions for getting better performance.
[4] Has any user integrated solar and Windmill systems?

Mahendra Shah,
Empowering Enterprise with BI PLCX &
Actionable LEAN, 6 SIGMA GREEN VSOP Pgms.
mas...@6SigVSOP.com   ,  mas...@yahoo.com
PH: 408-694-3030, 408-274-6218
http://6sigvsop.airset.com/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mashahs

Manu Sharma

Feb 16, 2009, 12:46:46 AM2/16/09
to green...@googlegroups.com, chan...@sancharnet.in
On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 2:35 AM, Mahendra Shah y <mas...@yahoo.com> wrote:

IT WILL BE VERY USEFUL
IF WE HAVE ANY USER EXPERIENCE / PERFORMANCE EXAMPLES
[1] Outputs vs. Rated specs.
[2] Maintenance issues windmill, Generator

Such data is already available for large wind turbines but there's no standardisation in the case of small wind turbines.

[3] User suggestions for getting better performance.

[4] Has any user integrated solar and Windmill systems?

Solar and wind hybrid systems are common and there's even MNRE subsidy for such systems.

Thanks
Manu

Shireesh Kedare

Feb 16, 2009, 1:28:52 AM2/16/09
to green...@googlegroups.com
Auroville supplies this machine and they are proven in the field and are one of the best for Indian scenario in my opinion.
Regards,

- Shireesh
______________________________
Dr. Shireesh B. Kedare

Adjunct Associate Professor,
Department of Energy Science and Engineering,
IIT-Bombay, Powai, Mumbai 400076, India
Ph. (022) 2576 7835
www.ese.iitb.ac.in/~sbk

Director
Clique Developments Limited
134-A/B, Government Industrial Estate
Charkop, Kandivali (West),
Mumbai 400067, India
Ph. (022) 2860 9011
www.clique.in

Ramani

Feb 18, 2009, 5:11:33 AM2/18/09
to India's Energy Future and Sustainable Living
Radiant Solar in Hyderabad distributes small windmills in the 3kW
category.
Ramani

Namdeo Rabade

Feb 18, 2009, 5:55:56 AM2/18/09
to green...@googlegroups.com
How much it costs,any details we can get?
--
Namdeo Rabade
Deputy Chief Project Manager (Planning),Corporate office,Belapur

Ramani

Feb 19, 2009, 12:10:24 AM2/19/09
to India's Energy Future and Sustainable Living

Model No: RSW-2500
Feature
Start up Wind Speed (mph / m/s): 6.5 / 3
Incision Wind Speed (mph / m/s): 7.6 / 3.5
Rated Wind Speed (mph / m/s): 26 / 12
Survival Wind Speed (mph / m/s): 110 / 50
Rated Power (W): 2500
Maximum Power (W): 3300
Blade Diameter (ft/ m): 9.6 / 2.9
Rated Voltage (V): 48 / 96
Number of Blades: 3
Material of blades: Fiberglass reinforced composite
Alternator: Permanent magnet brushless
Charge controller: Hybrid solar-wind controller, charging LED display
Over-speed protection: Aerodynamic effects of the blades and
electromagnetic brake
Over-current protection: Electromagnetic brake
regards
Dr Ramani
For pricing
Contact
Mr Sarma
anmkd...@radiantsolar.us
Radiant Solar - Plot No 223, Road No 14, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
Ph: +40 23547820