Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Billy Sears

ungelesen,
02.05.2010, 22:09:1202.05.10
an Greater Champaign Urbana Coffee Party
Here's the ideal....

We purchase space at the Urbana Farmer's Market for a set number of
weekends (it's cheaper that way.)

Obviously, we serve coffee (for a suggested donation)

We gather information from the local democrat and republican hq's in
the area on all politicians that are currently up for election and
have available for handout.

We gather and/or create as much information as possible about the
Coffee Party and have available for hand out.

We gather information on how to register to vote or where you can
register to vote. I would like to be able to register people at the
farmers market, but I would have to look more into that because I'm
not sure if we can.

Opportunities we face:
Funds for space rental
Supplies and Equipment (I can provide coffee and possibly sugar/
creamers)
Volunteers to run the booth (I really don't want to do this all by
myself lol)

Thoughts?

Woodard, Richard

ungelesen,
02.05.2010, 22:13:0602.05.10
an greater-champaign-...@googlegroups.com
Billy,
What it you had a Coffee "Taste" contest - sort of?
Coffee donated from the coffee shops in the area.
At the farmers market?
Just a thought

with regards,

Richard L. Woodard

3716 North Vermilion St.
Danville, IL. 61832
rwoo...@woodardscomputing.com

Mailing address : 1208 Sheridan St.
Danville, IL. 61832

neal rauhauser

ungelesen,
02.05.2010, 23:19:2202.05.10
an greater-champaign-...@googlegroups.com, Progressive PST

   Beth Becker will be joining me in Illinois. She is an extraordinary organizer who has risen from Pennsylvania state to national prominence over the last six months.

    She was asking me today about the availability of a farmer's market and I think she'd be willing to staff a table at least part of the time. She is an experienced restaurant operator and would understand the wants of any cafe that might be asked to sponsor a portion of such an effort.

     She and I will be at the next group meeting and we're available to talk by phone in advance should this be needed.

Jerry George Vachaparambil

ungelesen,
02.05.2010, 23:32:5702.05.10
an greater-champaign-...@googlegroups.com
Let me know if you need any help, I'll be in Champaign for most of the summer :)

Billy Sears

ungelesen,
03.05.2010, 17:26:2903.05.10
an Greater Champaign Urbana Coffee Party
Thanks for the input Jerry and Neal! Hopefully we can inform some
citizens on what their options are come November and get some
publicity and education about the Coffee Party out of this!

On May 2, 10:32 pm, Jerry George Vachaparambil <jerryva...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Let me know if you need any help, I'll be in Champaign for most of the
> summer :)
>
> On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 10:19 PM, neal rauhauser <nrauhau...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> >    Beth Becker will be joining me in Illinois. She is an extraordinary
> > organizer who has risen from Pennsylvania state to national prominence over
> > the last six months.
>
> >     She was asking me today about the availability of a farmer's market and
> > I think she'd be willing to staff a table at least part of the time. She is
> > an experienced restaurant operator and would understand the wants of any
> > cafe that might be asked to sponsor a portion of such an effort.
>
> >      She and I will be at the next group meeting and we're available to
> > talk by phone in advance should this be needed.
>
> > On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 9:13 PM, Woodard, Richard <
> > RWood...@woodardscomputing.com> wrote:
>
> >> Billy,
> >> What it you had a Coffee "Taste" contest - sort of?
> >> Coffee donated from the coffee shops in the area.
> >> At the farmers market?
> >> Just a thought
>
> >> with regards,
>
> >> Richard L. Woodard
>
> >> 3716 North Vermilion St.
> >> Danville, IL. 61832
> >> rwood...@woodardscomputing.com
> > mailto:N...@layer3arts.com //
> > GoogleTalk: nrauhau...@gmail.com
> > GV: 202-642-1717

Billy Sears

ungelesen,
03.05.2010, 17:28:5903.05.10
an Greater Champaign Urbana Coffee Party
Richard,
I like your ideal, I'm just don't think I'd have the time to contact
all the local coffee houses though. I would be interested in
determining what everyones favorite brand of coffee is though. Come
up with a sort of "official" coffee of the coffee party lol.
Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten
0 neue Nachrichten