Gov 2.0 drinks and dinner with Vivek Kundra - Feb 18th from 5:30pm (first in as spaces limited!)

Pia Waugh

Feb 8, 2012, 3:11:04 AM2/8/12
to gov20c...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Sorry for the late notice, and for our first Gov 2.0 event for 2012 being on Valentine's Day! But I chatted to the AIIA and to Salesforce and managed to coordinate some of Vivek Kundra's time for a talk and discussion about Gov 2.0.

I thought it would be great to pick his brains about driving technology innovation in the public service after his experience with the Open Government agenda in the US Government as the inaugural CIO of the Federal US Government.

It's at the Ottoman in Barton, which is a bit pricey but salesforce have offered to cover dinner.

BUT - there are only about 30 or so places, so RSVP straight away to Cara Josse at cjo...@salesforce.com

Should be an interesting evening and I'm certainly keen to pick Vivek's brains about his work and the Open Government agenda in the US.

If you can't come for dinner, Vivek's talk will be from 5:30 till 6:30, so you could just RSVP for that part before heading off for your Valentine's plans :)

Please find full details below.

On Tuesday 14th February, salesforce.com is hosting a Gov 2.0 forum & private dinner with Vivek Kundra (@vivekkundra), former US Government CIO, at Ottoman Cuisine in Canberra.

On behalf of the Gov 2.0 community, I am delighted to be able to invite you to join us, and a select group of your peers to discuss Vivek's experience one on one.

This one-off forum & dinner is a unique opportunity to gain insight into how government organisations are leveraging latest technology and embracing cloud computing to drive unprecedented innovation and change. We hope you can join us.

Date: Tuesday, 14th February 2012
Time: 5.30pm - 10.00pm
Venue: Ottoman Cuisine
Corner Broughton and Blackall Streets
Barton ACT 2600

Program:
5:30pm-5:40pm Arrive
5:40pm-6:30pm Forum: Open Government: the challenges & practicalities to achieving technology innovation in the public service
6:30pm-7:30pm Networking pre-dinner drinks
7:30pm-10:00pm Dinner with Vivek Kundra
Cost: Free

As places are strictly limited please email Cara Josse at cjo...@salesforce.com at your earliest convenience if you would like to attend.

We look forward to seeing you there.
Regards,
Philip Henry
ANZ Marketing Director
ANZ Marketing Director
salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM)
Phone: +61 2 9394 7507
Email: phe...@salesforce.com

About Vivek:

As United States Chief Information Officer, Vivek authored a "Cloud First" policy which aims to guide government IT organisations around the world on how to be efficient with fewer resources. As the inaugural CIO of the United States, he managed more than $80 billion in technology investments and was an early evangelist of cloud computing in the public sector. Vivek is also a Harvard Fellow and recently joined salesforce.com as the Executive Vice President of Emerging Markets.

Stephen Collins

Feb 8, 2012, 3:48:55 AM2/8/12
to gov20c...@googlegroups.com
Hate to be a spoiler. This clashes with at least one other
web/innovation industry event.

And I want to be at both!

Where is my clone (and jetpack).

SC :/
--
Stephen Collins
tr...@acidlabs.org | +61 410 680722 | @trib

acidlabs | Conversation. Collaboration. Community. | www.acidlabs.org

James Purser

Feb 8, 2012, 3:56:01 AM2/8/12
to gov20c...@googlegroups.com
And I won't be able to make it either.

James Purser
Collaborynth

Nerida Hart

Feb 8, 2012, 6:03:35 AM2/8/12
to gov20c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pia

I would love to come along.  I am running a workshop until 5 pm but should be able to get there b 5,30 pm

Regards

Nerida

Nerida Hart
HartKnowledge Consulting
PO Box 483
Queanbeyan NSW 2620
Phone +61 418 423 270
Skype neridahartau
Twitter neridahart
Web http://hartknowledge.com.au

I don't want to get to the end of my life & find I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well. -Diane Ackerman

Steve Davies

Feb 8, 2012, 5:50:46 PM2/8/12
to Gov2.0Australia
Hi Pia

Will be there.

Phoned Salesforce. the email addy to RSVP is cjo...@salesforce.com

:) Steve

grmsn

Feb 8, 2012, 7:41:04 PM2/8/12
to Gov2.0Australia
What else is on Trib?

On Feb 8, 7:48 pm, Stephen Collins <t...@acidlabs.org> wrote:
> Hate to be a spoiler. This clashes with at least one other
> web/innovation industry event.
>
> And I want to be at both!
>
> Where is my clone (and jetpack).
>
> SC :/
> --
> Stephen Collins
> t...@acidlabs.org | +61 410 680722 | @trib

Stephen Collins

Feb 8, 2012, 7:44:34 PM2/8/12
to gov20c...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 11:41 AM, grmsn <gogadg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What else is on Trib?

I have myself (and I know of a few others) at
http:/servicedesigncanberra.eventbrite.com

Which looks like good value to me.

SC