1999CRH6058B AMERICAN EMBASSY SECURITY ACT OF 1999, Part 2/4

no...@house.gov

Jul 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/22/99
Archive-Name: gov/us/fed/congress/record/1999/jul/21/1999CRH6058B/part2

[[Page H6065]]

balance of such awards bear to the total amount in the Iraq
Claims Fund that is available for distribution at the time
such payments are made.
(4) After payment has been made of the principal amounts of
all such awards, pro rata payments on account of accrued
interest on such awards as bear interest.
(b) Unsatisfied Claims.--Payment of any award made pursuant
to this title shall not extinguish any unsatisfied claim, or
be construed to have divested any claimant, or the United
States on his or her behalf, of any rights against the
Government of Iraq with respect to any unsatisfied claim.

SEC. 807. AUTHORITY TO TRANSFER RECORDS.

The head of any Executive agency may transfer or otherwise
make available to the United States Commission such records
and documents relating to claims authorized to be determined
under this title as may be required by the United States
Commission in carrying out its functions under this title.

SEC. 808. STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS; DISPOSITION OF UNUSED
FUNDS.

(a) Statute of Limitations.--Any demand or claim for
payment on account of an award that is certified under this
title shall be barred on and after the date that is one year
after the date of publication of the notice required by
subsection (b).
(b) Publication of Notice.--
(1) In general.--At the end of the 9-year period specified
in paragraph (2), the Secretary of the Treasury shall publish
a notice in the Federal Register detailing the statute of
limitations provided for in subsection (a) and identifying
the claim numbers of, and the names of the claimants holding,
unpaid certified claims.
(2) Publication date.--The notice required by paragraph (1)
shall be published 9 years after the last date on which the
Secretary of the Treasury covers into the Iraq Claims Fund
amounts allocated to that fund pursuant to section 803(b).
(c) Disposition of Unused Funds.--
(1) Disposition.--At the end of the 2-year period beginning
on the publication date of the notice required by subsection
(b), the Secretary of the Treasury shall dispose of all
unused funds described in paragraph (2) by depositing in the
Treasury of the United States as miscellaneous receipts any
such funds that are not used for payments of certified claims
under this title.
(2) Unused funds.--The unused funds referred to in
paragraph (1) are any remaining balance in the Iraq Claims
Fund.

SEC. 809. DEFINITIONS.

As used in this title:
(1) Executive agency.--The term ``Executive agency'' has
the meaning given that term by section 105 of title 5, United
States Code.
(2) Government of iraq.--The term ``Government of Iraq''
includes agencies, instrumentalities, and entities controlled
by that government (including public sector enterprises).
(3) United nations commission.--The term ``United Nations
Commission'' means the United Nations Compensation Commission
established pursuant to United Nations Security Council
Resolution 687 (1991).
(4) United states commission.--The term ``United States
Commission'' means the Foreign Claims Settlement Commission
of the United States.

The CHAIRMAN pro tempore. Pursuant to House Resolution 247, the
gentleman from Texas (Mr. Doggett) and a Member opposed will each
control 5 minutes.
The Chair recognizes the gentleman from Texas (Mr. Doggett).
Mr. DOGGETT. Mr. Chairman, I yield myself 1 minute.
Mr. Chairman, since 1990, over $1 billion in frozen Iraqi assets
sitting in American banks have been available to satisfy the just
claims of American citizens. But almost a decade later, this Congress
has still not approved legislation that would let Americans collect.
This amendment would authorize the Secretary of the Treasury to vest
this Iraqi money in an account known as the Iraqi Claims Fund and
authorize the Foreign Claims Settlement Commission to begin the process
of resolving these claims against that Iraqi money with just one
stipulation: The first claims to be resolved should be those of our
Desert Storm and Desert Shield veterans, many of whom have been plagued
with all the physical ailments that are referred to as Gulf War
Syndrome.
Mr. Chairman, these men and women gave their all against an enemy of
the United States, and now these brave veterans deserve nothing less
from the government of the United States.
The House has already gone on record twice to support this objective.
In 1994, by a vote of 398 to 5, in support of a similar provision in a
State Department bill, and in 1997, in support of my motion to instruct
conferees to reject an outrageous Senate provision in the State
Department authorization bill by a vote of 412 to 5, we stood up at
those times and declared that the men and women who put their lives on
the line for our country are second to no one. Now we must do so again.
Mr. Chairman, I yield 1 minute to the gentleman from Missouri (Mr.
Skelton), the distinguished ranking member on the Committee on Armed
Services.
Mr. SKELTON. Mr. Chairman, I thank the gentleman for yielding me this
time and allowing me to speak on this very important issue.
What we do today on this amendment not only draws a lot of attention
but it sends a sincere and straigthforward message to those young men
and young women who today find themselves in uniform defending the
interests of the United States of America.
The money is there, Mr. Chairman. The fund is there. What is wrong
with following the precedent that we have already set by voting in this
House to allow that trust fund to be created from the Iraqi funds in
order to take care of those young men and young women who might well be
suffering from the Gulf War Syndrome?
Saddam Hussein, the country of Iraqi, did very, very wrong, and the
Americans righted that wrong by getting them out of Kuwait. But in the
process, those young men and young women, those veterans of that
conflict, as a result of the toxics that they ingested in themselves,
became victims. And I certainly think we can follow through and help
them reclaim what is rightfully theirs; the dollars from that fund.

{time} 1600

Mr. DOGGETT. Mr. Chairman, if no one is claiming time in opposition
to this bill, I ask unanimous consent to control the 5 minutes
allocated for opposition.
The CHAIRMAN pro tempore (Mr. Hastings of Washington). Is there
objection to the request of the gentleman from Texas?
There was no objection.
The CHAIRMAN pro tempore. The gentleman from Texas (Mr. Doggett) is
recognized for an additional 5 minutes.
Mr. DOGGETT. Mr. Chairman, I yield 2 minutes to the gentleman from
Illinois (Mr. Evans), the ranking member of the Committee on Veterans'
Affairs.
Mr. EVANS. Mr. Chairman, I rise in strong support of the amendment
offered by the gentleman from Texas (Mr. Doggett).
The intent of this amendment is clear, to give our veterans in the
Persian Gulf War first priority in seeking claims against Iraqi assets
frozen by our Government during the war.
This amendment has the strong support of veterans groups, including
Gulf War veterans. They know that while we can never make up the losses
that were incurred in the Gulf War, veterans and their families should
have the assurances that we will continue to seek every chance to
collect damages against those injuries that they have suffered from.
Mr. DOGGETT. Mr. Chairman, I yield 2 minutes to the gentleman from
Texas (Mr. Edwards) who represents the largest military base in the
world, Ft. Hood, Texas.
Mr. EDWARDS. Mr. Chairman, it is not good enough to honor veterans on
just Veterans' Day and Memorial Day. It is not good enough to just
honor veterans with our speeches and our words. It is time we honored
veterans with our actions.
Veterans do not need our rhetoric. They need our support. A vote for
the Doggett amendment today is a vote to put veterans first where they
should be. We have a clear choice. We can vote to give Desert Storm and
Desert Shield veterans first claim on $1 billion of frozen Iraqi
assets, or we can vote to let countries who sold cigarettes to Saddam
Hussein put their claims before our American veterans.
We can vote to support those who put their lives on the line fighting
against Saddam Hussein, or we can vote to support those who made
profits selling to Saddam Hussein.
Whose side are we on? That is the question before us. American
veterans who were on the front lines in fighting against Saddam should
not be put in the back of the line when Iraqi assets are unfrozen. Vote
for our veterans. Vote for the Doggett amendment.
Mr. DOGGETT. Mr. Chairman, I yield 1 minute to the gentleman from
Connecticut (Mr. Gejdenson), the ranking member on the Committee on
International Relations.

[[Page H6066]]

Mr. GEJDENSON. Mr. Chairman, I would like to commend the gentleman
from Texas (Mr. Doggett) for bringing this to the floor. This is the
right action to take here.
We ask our military personnel to take the first action in defending
America's interests, the West's interests, our economic interests, our
political interests, and our security interests. They should not be
anyplace else in line but first when it comes to claiming their duly
deserved compensation.
This is an excellent amendment. The gentleman from Texas (Mr.
Doggett) is doing the right thing, and we should unanimously support
him.
Mr. DOGGETT. Mr. Chairman, how much time remains, Mr. Chairman?
The CHAIRMAN pro tempore. The gentleman from Texas (Mr. Doggett) has
6 minutes remaining.
Mr. DOGGETT. Mr. Chairman, I yield myself an additional 3 minutes.
Mr. Chairman, it appears that no one will rise to speak against this
amendment. I am pleased about that, and I know that our Nation's
veterans will be pleased about it.
The Veterans of Foreign Wars and the Gulf Veterans Resource Center
have been active in supporting this measure. When this measure came
before the Committee on International Affairs back in 1993, these
organizations and other veterans organizations spoke out in favor of
this provision.
Yet, why is it that with such strong support from veterans, with a
near unanimous vote of this House in 1994 on a strong bipartisan basis,
again on my motion in 1997 a strong bipartisan basis, we have not
provided our veterans with the mechanism to have a chance to get some
recovery from the frozen assets of Saddam Hussein that are sitting in
banks right here in the United States?
It is because there are some who have claims that are competing with
the veterans and do not want veterans to have a first claim on these
assets.
Some of the entities that have registered their claims with regard to
these assets are the very companies that supplied Saddam Hussein with
the means to have weapons of mass destruction, chemical and biological
weapons, components that could be used in the development of nuclear
weaponry, conventional weapons that were made available to Saddam
Hussein. They now are competing with our veterans.
Another group of entities that are competing and seem to have played
a big role in this bill during the last Congress are the major tobacco
companies. They also have claims. One has a claim of some $12 million.
Now, I am not suggesting that any of those, even those that supplied
Saddam Hussein with the means for his war machine, ought not to have
their day in court or the day before the commission. But I am
suggesting that before they have their day in court we should at least
resolve the claims of those who put their lives on the line and some of
whom actually sacrificed and gave their lives and others of whom will
be plagued for the rest of their lives, bright young men and women with
a shining future who now suffer disability as the result of Gulf War
Syndrome.
I would say, as to those young men and women who gave their all to
this country, who put their country first and made this sacrifice, that
they deserve to have their claims put ahead of the companies that
supplied weaponry and the means to develop weaponry to Saddam Hussein
and that they deserve to be placed ahead of the major tobacco companies
that say they want their claims settled, not that they are left out,
but that our veterans go first.
I know that there are others across this Capitol, Mr. Jesse Helms in
particular, that disagree with this approach. But I believe this House,
for a third time having spoken out with, I hope, a unanimous voice and
a recorded vote, will be sending a message that we will not leave our
veterans behind anymore and that, as we close out this millennium, we
will finally put our Gulf War veterans first and let them have a claim,
a legitimate claim, against these assets of Saddam Hussein.
Mr. Chairman, I yield 1\1/2\ minutes to the gentleman from Texas (Mr.
Edwards).
Mr. EDWARDS. Mr. Chairman, I just want to thank the gentleman for his
efforts.
I would like to point out that I think it is outrageous if Members do
not have the courage to come in the light of day on the floor of this
House to say they oppose the amendment of the gentleman, an effort to
put veterans first, and yet behind closed doors in conference committee
this effort seems to be killed.
I would hope that the silence and opposition to this amendment would
indicate that this will pass through the conference committee. I hope
that the veterans organizations in America will be watching this effort
very, very carefully.
Mr. DOGGETT. Mr. Chairman, will the gentleman yield?
Mr. EDWARDS. I yield to the gentleman from Texas.
Mr. DOGGETT. Mr. Chairman, I ask the gentleman to respond to this
question.
I believe the gentleman was here on the floor in 1997 when we had our
motion to instruct. It took up an entire hour of time. Am I not correct
that, in the course of that debate, only one Member of this entire
House on either side of the aisle or a Republican colleague of ours
rose to oppose the motion to instruct and after the debate he voted
with us in favor of the motion to instruct to tell Jesse Helms and all
the members of the conference committee do not put veterans last,
because if we put them last, given the size of the claims of some of
these companies that helped fuel Saddam Hussein's war machine and
supplied tobacco to the children and adults of Iraq, if we put the
veterans down behind them, the veterans will not get a penny; it will
not be a matter of putting veterans last, it will be a matter of
putting veterans out and they will never get a dime? Is that not
correct?
Mr. EDWARDS. Mr. Chairman, reclaiming my time, that is correct.
It is my hope, Mr. Chairman, that every major veterans group in
American will watch like a hawk what happens in conference committee on
this. It would be unfair and morally wrong to our Nation's veterans to
take this language out in conference committee.
Mr. DOGGETT. Mr. Chairman, I have no further speakers, and I yield
back the balance of my time.
The CHAIRMAN pro tempore. The question is on the amendment offered by
the gentleman from Texas (Mr. Doggett).
The question was taken; and the Chairman pro tempore announced that
the ayes appeared to have it.
Mr. DOGGETT. Mr. Chairman, I object to the vote on the ground that a
quorum is not present and make the point of order that a quorum is not
present.
The CHAIRMAN. Pursuant to House Resolution 247, further proceedings
on the amendment offered by the gentleman from Texas (Mr. Doggett) will
be postponed.
The point of no quorum is considered withdrawn.
It is now in order to consider Amendment No. 37 printed in Part B of
House Report 106-235.

Amendment No. 37 Offered by Mr. Engel

Mr. ENGEL. Mr. Chairman, I offer an amendment.
The CHAIRMAN pro tempore. The Clerk will designate the amendment.
The text of the amendment is as follows:

Part B amendment No. 37 offered by Mr. Engel:
Page 84, after line 16, add the following (and conform the
table of contents accordingly):

SEC. 703. KOSOVAR ALBANIAN PRISONERS HELD IN SERBIA.

(a) Findings.--The Congress makes the following findings:
(1) At the conclusion of the NATO campaign to halt the
Serbian and Yugoslav ethnic cleansing in Kosova, a large, but
undetermined number of Kosovar Albanians held in Serbian
prisons in Kosova were taken from Kosova before and during
the withdrawal of Serbian and Yugoslav police and military
forces from Kosova.
(2) Serbian Justice Minister Dragoljub Jankovic has
admitted that 1,860 prisoners were brought to Serbia from
Kosova on June 10, 1999, the day Serbian and Yugoslav police
and military forces began their withdrawal from Kosova.
(3) International humanitarian organizations, including the
International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and Human
Rights Watch, have expressed serious concern with the
detention of Kosovar Albanians in prisons in Serbia.

[[Page H6067]]

(4) On June 25, 1999, Serbia released 166 of the detained
Kosovar Albanian prisoners to the ICRC.
(5) On July 10, 1999, the Parliamentary Assembly of the
Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe,
comprised of parliamentarians from Across Europe, the United
States and Canada, adopted a resolution calling upon Serbia
and Yugoslavia, in accordance with international humanitarian
law, to grant full, immediate and ongoing ICRC access to all
prisoners held in relation to the Kosova crisis, to ensure
the humane treatment of such prisoners, and to arrange for
the release of all such prisoners.
(b) Sense of Congress.--It is the sense of the Congress
that--
(1) the Serbian and Yugoslav Governments should immediately
account for all Kosovar Albanians held in their prisons and
treat them in accordance with all applicable international
standards;
(2) the ICRC should be given full, immediate, and ongoing
access to all Kosovar Albanians held in Serbian and Yugoslav
prisons; and
(3) all Kosovar Albanians held in Serbian and Yugoslav
prisons should be released and returned to Kosova.

The CHAIRMAN pro tempore. Pursuant to House Resolution 247, the
gentleman from New York (Mr. Engel) and a Member opposed each will
control 5 minutes.
Mr. GILMAN. Mr. Chairman, I ask unanimous consent to claim the time
in opposition to the Engel amendment although I am not opposed to the
amendment.
The CHAIRMAN pro tempore. Is there objection to the request of the
gentleman from New York?
There was no objection.
The CHAIRMAN pro tempore. The Chair recognizes the gentleman from New
York (Mr. Engel).
Mr. ENGEL. Mr. Chairman, I yield myself 2\1/2\ minutes.
Mr. Chairman, after the allies won the war in Kosovo, when the
Serbian forces left Kosovo to go back to Serbia, they kidnapped
anywhere from 1,800 prisoners, Kosovar Albanian prisoners, to up to
5,000 Kosovar Albanian prisoners, and took them back to Serbia, away
from their homes, and jailed them.
The Serbian justice minister mentions a total of 1,860 Kosovar
Albanians jailed. But I have from a very respected newspaper, Koha
Ditore, a list of 5,000 ethnic Albanian prisoners who are now detained
in jails in Serbia.
This amendment simply would call on the International Committee of
the Red Cross to be allowed to visit these prisoners to call for an
accounting of these prisoners and to give the International Committee
of the Red Cross access to all Kosovar Albanians detained in Serbian
prisons.
It also asks for the release and return to Kosovo of all these people
and is virtually identical to a resolution that was passed by the OSCE
recently which contained the same provisions and was the European
parliamentarians' same request.
We cannot allow Slobodan Milosevic to capture these people and to
keep them there as virtual prisoners. It is absolutely important that
the world community stand up and say that we will not tolerate the
continued Serbian aggression.
Mr. Chairman, I include for the Record the list of prisoners and two
articles, one from the Washington Post and one from the Los Angeles
Times, which highlights this problem and the problem of the Kosovar
Albanians who are captured and kidnapped in Serbian prisons.

The List of Kosovar Prisoners Held in Serbia Taken From Koha Ditore

City Prison-Pozharevc (Serbia):
Lutfi Xhaferi, Muhamet Bajrami, Fadil Salihu, Naser Osmani,
Rijad Begu, Isak Abazi, Xhemshit Ferati, Shaqir Pllana, Afrim
Salihu, Ibrahim Bajrami, Sylejman Bejtullahu, Xhevdet
Bejtullahu, Agron Pllana, Nexhat Brahimi, Hazir Peci, Milaim
Hajrizi, Fehmi Hasani, Shaban Duraku, Adem Tahiri, Rushit
Strana, Isa Aliu, Ferit Pllana, Kaplan Salihu, Sami Hasani,
Nuhi Januzi, Behxhet Maloku, Besim Brahimi, Sabit Strana,
Rexhep Uka, Hamit Maleta, Ismet Pllana, Xhelal Bejtullahu,
Hajrullah Peci, Agim Peci, Ismail Peci, Miftar Gashi, Feti
Asllanaj, Sejdi Lahu, Skender Sadiku, Sejdi Zekaj, Fazli
Kadriu, Ramadan Bislimi, Skender Haxha, Shaban Zuhranaj,
Bajram Rukolli, Imer Haziraj, Xhevat Mustafa, Zani Mustafa,
Sabit Arifi, Bexhet Zeneli, Miftar Sahiti, Mustafa Ramadani,
Sabri Osmani, Agim Islami, Aziz Islami, Kadri Durguti, Abdyl
Klecka, Behajdin Klecka, Burim Ejupi, Sabit Shehu, Zeqir
Shehu, Jusuf Kollari, Xhevdet Durguti, Mehdi Kollari, Arben
Shala, Destan Nurshaba, Mujedin Korenica, Veton Mulija, Beqir
Kollari, Fahredin Dina, Bashkim Hoxha, Arsim Haska, Fadil
Isma, Esad Kasapi, Zijadin Miftari, Eshref Klecka, Selami
Sharku, Lan Isufaj, Rasim Isufaj, Njazi Isufaj, Naim
Hadergjonaj, Rasim Selmanaj, Jahir Agushi, Visar Muriqi,
Ragip Ahmeti, Ramadan Gashi, Fatmir Shishani, Agim Leka,
Hazir Stoliqi, Gani Ahmetxhekaj, Muje Zekaj, Salih Zariqi,
Jakup Rexhepi, Bajram Gashi, Nezir Bajraktari, Mustafe
Mehmetaj, Arben Bajraktaraj, Nexhat Dervishaj, Deme Ramosaj,
Shaban Mehmetaj, Sadik Haradini, Ramiz Isufaj, Ministet
Shala, Ismet Pacarizi, Izet Zenuni, Gani Baqaj, Sali Gashi,
Skender Bajraktari, Llmi Zeneli, Xhafer Qufaj, Gezim Zecaj,
Bujar Goranci, Muhamet Gashi, Xheme Morina, Florim Zukaj,
Asllan Asllani, Shpend Dobrunaj, Luan Ahmetxhekaj, Besnik
Ismaili, Xhavit Museshabanaj, Driton Zukaj, Llmi Karaxha,
Nikolle Markaj, Uke Golaj, Dervish Zukaj, Rasim Gjota,
Skender Hajdari, Ardian Kumnova, Flamur Krasniqi, Isak Hoti,
Ramadan Morina, Ismet Krasniqi, Demir Limaj, Lavdim Tetaj,
Arsim Krasniqi, Arton Krasniqi, Avni Shala, Hazir Krasniqi,
Llir Krasniqi, Fahri Krasniqi, Zhuje Gashi, Muhamed Avdiaj,
Bekim Istogu, Azem Buzhala, Faik Topalli, Nysret Hoti,
Nazim Zenelaj, Adnan Topalli, Musli Leku, Remzi Morina,
Avni Memia, Avdi Kabashi, Ibrahim Ferizi, Visar Demiri,
Bekim Rama, Tahir Rraci, Blerim Camaj, Reshat Nurboja,
Brahim Gashi, Astrit Elshani, Hasan Verslaku, Avdullah
Lushi, Lush Marku, Mustafe Gjocaj, Rrustem Jetishi, Bekim
Maci, Asllan Nebihi, Afrim Verslaku, Kujtim Jetishi, Avdyl
Maci, Skender Hoxha, Muhamet Kicina, Fadil Avdyli, Bajram
Avdyli, Sokol Syla, Hasan Berisha, Luan Mazrreku, Enver
Hoxhaj, Ismet Gashi, Zeqir Gashi, Fadil Topalli, Bujar
Sylaj, Agim Gashi, Hetem Elshani, Isa Topalli, Flurim
Haxhymeri, Haki Haxhimustafa, Beqir Alimusaj, Bajram
Shala, Gazmend Zeka, Fadil Jetishi, Isa Shala, Isuf Shala,
Ylber Dizdari, Milaim Cekaj, Musa Krasniqi, Ismet Berbati,
Ramiz Gjocaj, Deme Batusha, Reshat Suka, Tahir Panxhaj,
Syle Salihu, Ismet Isufi, Uke Rexha, Fehmi Kukiqi, Arsllan
Selimi, Fetah Shala, Milazim Shehu, Nait Hasani, Riza
Alia, Gani Cekaj, Sefedin Morina, Sadri Terdevci, Habib
Morina, Elmi Morina, Rexhep Morina, Isa Morina, Lajet
Mola, Sylejman Bajgora, Feriz Corri, Raif Hasi, Smail
Hasi, Rrahim Limani, Sadik Limani, Jakup Limani, Agim
Nimani, Besnik Heta, Afrim Rucaj, Qamil Pllana, Hashim
Mecinaj, Shemsi Shaqiri, Avdush Hysi, Miftar Dobra, Nexhat
Ahmeti, Fadil Ajeti, Bahri Istrefi, Bedri Qerimi, Nexhat
Mustafa, Izet Miftaraj, Fuat Bucinca, Reci Dosti, Naim
Haziri, Sali Azemi, Kenan Hasani, Rifat Dobra, Shaban
Rexhepi, Daut Rrahmani, Ali Haradini, Latif Ismaili
(minor), Fehmi Jashari, Naim Peci, Gani Arslani, Muharrem
Zymeri, Elmaz Hasani, Ukshin Hasani, Hakif Duraku,
Sherafedin Hasani, Jashar Istrefi, Rrahman Istrefi, Gani
Muja, Rrahman Ahmeti, Ferid Zeneli, Duka Aliu, Nuredin
Jashari, Ilmi Jashari, Hajro Brahimi, Fahri Berisha, Naim
Pllana, Shkelzen Pllana, Fehmi Pllana, Megdia Pllana,
Behxhet Sejdiaj, Faik Sejdiaj, Bekim Sejdiaj, Tafil
Prokshi, Shemsi Miftaraj, Ahmet Murati, Dibran Krasniqi,
Shefki Tahiri, Shefqet Duraku, Beqir Bialku, Brahim
Krasniqi, Mehmet Xhelili, Idriz Klinaku, Ahmet Hasani,
Perparim Mustafa, Halil Mustafa, Milazim Mustafaj, Fatos
Asllanaj, Enes Kalludra, Hajriz Islami, Ismet Laka, Fazli
Ademi, Muje Shabani, Avdyl Sejdiu, Rifat Hasani, Ejup
Sejdiu, Nasuf Deliaj, Agim Ahmetaj, Kasem Ahmetaj, Mustafe
Ahmetaj, Ekrem Avdiu, Nexhmedin Llausha, Shpend Kopriva,
Lulzim Ymeri, Ertan Bislimi, Krenar Telciu, Bashkim
Gllogovci, Ilir Hoxha, Luan Sejdiu, Agim Morina, Fehmi
Muharremi, Brahim Berisha, Mustafe Berisha, Gani Baliqi,
Osman Kastrati, Shaban Cupi, Arben Jahaj, Ardian Haxhaj,
Mehmet Memcaj, Agim Lumi, Skender Hoti, Sokol Morina,
Fazli Gashi, Besim Kastrati, Sherif Berisha, Shefget
Topojani, Naim Krasniqi, Muje Prekuni, Elmi Cujani, Qazim
Sejdia, Ali Culiqi, Isak Shabani, Selim Gashi, Shkelzen
Zariqi, Agron Tolaj, Hajdin Ramaj, Ismet Gashi, Muhamet
Rama, Esat Shehu, Selman Ukehaxhaj, Agim Syla, Hasan Rama,
Ramadan Nishori, Hidajim Morina, Sadik Bytyci, Enver
Hashani, Besim Rama, Valon Berisha, Nexhat Shulaku, Edmond
Dushi, Naser Shurnjaku, Visar Dushi, Agim Hoda, Mustafe
Ahmeti, Arsim Bakalli, Menduh Duraku, Muhedin Zeka,
Kreshnik Hoda, Admir Pruthi, Nexhmedin Baraku, Mehdi
Ferizi, Fisnik Zhaveli, Muhamet Guta, Faik Mustafaj,
Selami Curraj, Artan Nasi, Yll Kusari, Yll Ferizi,
Peraprim Efendija, Arbnor Koshi, Petrit Vula, Idriz Feta,
Jeton Rizniqi, Genc Xhara, Behar Hoti, Qamil Haxhibeqiri,
Fahri Hoti, Adnan Hoti, Fatmir Tafarshiku, Shpetim Hoxha,
Esat Ahma, Hysen Juniku, Yll Pepa, Erdogan Mati, Shkelzen
Nura, Esat Zherka, Shpend Musacana, Adriatik Pula, Labinot
Pula, Gezim Sada, Bekim Jota, Emin Delia, Zog Delia, Alb
Delia, Yll Delia, As Ahmeti, Yll Kastrati, Adnan
Haxhibeqiri, Gazmend Zhubi, Gent Nushi, Enver Dula, Mithat
Buza, Bekim Rragomi, Aliriza Truti, Skender Zhina, Petrit
Jakupaj, Elmi Tahiri, Agim Muhaxheri, Faton Hoda, Agron
Pula, Tahir Kajdomcaj, Florent Trudi, Adriatik Vokshi,
Ymri Ahmeti, Armond Koshi, Atli Kryeziu, Dukagjin Pula,
Jusuf Brovina, Gani Gexha, Sulejman Brovina, Hasan
Halilaj, Halil Guta, Albert Koshi, Fatos Dautaga, Sami
Morina, Luan Xheka, Tahir Skenderaj, Bjerem Juniku, Sabit
Beqiri, Dijamant Mici, Nexhat Vehapi, Fadil Lushaj, Binak
Haxhija, Avdyl Precaj, Xhamajl Thaci, Nazim Morina,

[[Page H6068]]

Flamur Pana, Fatos Deva, Musat Ukaj, Ardian Tetrica,
Driton Aliaga, Bekim Mullahasani, Bashkim Mustafa, Besfort
Mullahasani, Driton Ballata, Diamant Manxhuka, Rinor Lama,
Fatmir Pruthi, Ferhat Luhani, Bekim Musa, Petrit Kepuska,
Mithat Guta, Agim Hasiqi, Gembi Batusha, Hysni Hoda, Hivzi
Perolli, Mazllom Grushti, Jeton Bytyci, Bujar Hasiqi,
Petrit Sahatqija, Vllaznim Radogoshi, Imer Guta, Shefqet
Bokshi, Kastriot Zhubi, Florent Zhubi, Edmond Shtaloja,
Burim Dobruna, Isa Axhanela, Driton Xhiha, Hasan Zeneli,
Rasim Rexha, Haqif Ilazi, Bilbil Duraku, Sejdi Bellanica,
Defrim Rifaj, Nehat Binaku, Enver Berisha, Jakif Mazreku,
Hysni Krasniqi, Haki Elshani, Avni Koleci, Shaban Kolgeci,
Rexhep Agilaj, Arif Kabashi, Azem Nedrotaj, Xhevat
Shukolli, Zaim Catapi, Milaim Kabashi, Xhavit Kolgeci,
Maliq Sokoli, Haxhi Ukaj, Ramadan Kokollari, Arben Basha,
Feriz Haziri, Sedji Haziraj, Hazir Zenelaj, Xhavit
Krasniqi, Milaim Matoshi, Mustafe Kolgeci, Arsim Gashi,
Emin Kryeziu, Sherif Ilazi, Arsim Ziba, Defrim Kiqina,
Zenel Ademi, Fadil Xhulani, Qamil Rama, Pjeter Cira,
Bilbil Shehu, Isuf Bardoshi, Ilir Kortoshi, Osman
Tortoshi, Sulo Kuqi, Sulejman Deliu, Gazmend Krasniqi, Zil
Qipa, Shaban Rama, Jahe Sadrija, Muharrem Pajaziti, Naser
Tahirsylaj, Muhamet Tahiri, Arben Dobani, Besim Zogaj,
Xhavit Gashi, Sali Cunaj, Fatmir Kokollari, Nezir Zogaj,
Naim Baleci, Agron Borani, Rakip Mirena, Bekim Krasniqi,
Rexhep Luzha, Ramiz Bajrami, Ali Gashi, Ramadan Berisha,
Abdullah Cunaj, Sinan Bytyci, Shemsi Gallopeni, Shefqet
Kabashi, Fazli Pranca, Musli Avdyli, Ibrahim Isufaj,
Sulejman Bytyci, Muharrem Qypaj, Ahmet Demiri, Xhafer
Shala, Sami Gashi, Agron Berisha, Sahit Ziba, Nijazi
Kryeziu, Hasan Shala, Abaz Beqiri, Filip Pjetri, Nazmi
Haliti, Agim Ibraj, Haxhi Barjaktari, Ruzhdi Morina,
Bashkim Jusufi, Burim Musliu, Hime Shala, Haki Haziraj,
Valdet Rama, Gasper Selmanaj, Besnik Kuqi, Adem Kuqi,
Jeton Alia, Ademali Metaj, Naim Balaj, Halit Ndrecaj,
Bajram, Bajraj, Xhavit Kacaniku, Naim Zejnaj, Feriz
Zabelaj, Nexhat Sylaj, Nuhi Boka, Hajrullah Samadraxha,
Naser Kalimoshi, Qazim Krasniqi, Ali Isa, Kadri Jaha, Ymer
Krasniqu, Sali Ahmedi, Hajdin Alia, Asllan Lumi, Xhemajl
Sallauka, Murat Kabashi, Hamit Buzhala, Lumni Matoshi,
Gazmend Bytyci, Xhavit Malaj, Daut Gashi, Zymer Gashi,
Mehdi Gashi, Nasuf Gorani, Osman Llugaxhia, Fatmir
Berisha, Hasan Istogu, Milaim Kastrati, Rexhep Alimusaj,
Abdullah Shala, Uke Kolgeci, Hasan Kuqi, Sali Loshi, Burim
Bllaca, Sedat Kolgeci, Albert Kolgeci, Emri Loshi, Sherif
Hamza, Uke Thaci, Nazmi Franca, Naim Leku, Riza Krasniqi,
Tafe Kurtaj, Ismet Beqiraj, Bahri Beqaj, Sali Maliqaj,
Muhedin Nivokazi, Ramadan Zymeraj, Haki Ademaj, Hajzer
Hajrullahu, Hekuran Cari, Adem Zenuni, Dul Cunaj, Ferit
Tafallari, Sinan Tafilaj, Shaqir Selmanaj, Hasan Sadikaj,
Blerim Krasniqi, Maki Begolli, Behar Jetishi, Agim
Jetishi, Kastriot Jetishi, Zenel Jetishi, Skender
Kelmendi, Nexhat Krasniqi, Bashkim Dvorani, Bekim
Mazrreku, Izet Sejfijaj, Rexhep Xhemajli, Xhemajl
Muharremi, Ismet Sukaj, Besim Ramaj, Blerim Shala, Adem
Morina, Hasan Mulaj, Frasher Shabani, Xhevat Haziri, Ismet
Musaj, Fatos Malaj, Haki Mahmutademaj, Kamber Goxholi,
Mustafe Shala, Avni Syla, Ahmet Kapitaj, Pashk Quni,
Driton Berisha, Luan Bajrami, Selim Sutaj, Riza Tahirukaj,
Rexhe Jakupi, Hamdi Hyseni, Mersin Berisha, Nexhdet Kida,
Lahe Mataj, Naim Kidaj, Ismet Ademi, Tahir Salihi, Arben
Bazi, Arif Ahmeti, Istref Sadrija, Sadik Zeqiri, Bajram
Merqa, Gezim Abazi, Sahit Haxhosaj, Idriz Asllanaj, Agim
Makolli, Halil Deliu, Bektesh Qahili, Adil Kollari, Avdyl
Jetishi, Burim Jetishi, Shkelzen Kida, Skender Cakolli,
Qerim Jetishi, Mikel Dodaj, Leke Pevorfi, Brahim Pepshi,
Rrahmon Jonuzaj, Fitim Halimi, Behar Jetishi, Bedri
Shabanaj, Shkumbin Malaj, Zenel Kurmehaj, Jeton Malaj,
Sejdi Begaj, Misin Rexha, Hasan Daloshi, Fatmir Kurtaj,
Agim Reqica, Shpetim Krasniqi, Zeqir Leshani, Ylber
Topalli, Shefqet Beqa, Besim Zymberi, Qamil Abazi, Brahe
Beqiraj, Din Gjoni, Skender Gashi, Shaban Beka, Agron
Ramadani, Arif Vokshi, Nebi Tahiri, Skender Racaj, Ilaz
Bislimi, Rexhe Gashi, Sabri Arifaj, Nizat Morina, Ahmet
Ahmeti, Burim Brovina, Perparim Zejnullahu, Abdurrahman
Naha, Artan Morina, Falmur Godeni, Valdet Krasniqi, Adnan
Brovina, Fatmir Bytyqi, Mexhit Zenelaj, Rizo Bekiq,
Milazim Kolgeci, Vesel Llugaxhia, Arben Llugaxhia, Selim
Hasani, Arben Morina, Gani Igalli, Genc Kida, Ajet Ibraj,
Muje Ibraj, Tarap Kida, Samat Gati, Leonard Krasniqi,
Bashkim Haziraj, Bashkim Kabashi, Caush Sevgja, Ramiz
Berisha, Gjon Sefaj, Arsim Kullashi, Hasan Zariqi, Mehmet
Rexhaj, Agim Hulaj, Muje Tafilaj, Ramadan Avdiu, Raim
Aliu, Isuf Zekaj, Smajl Smajli.
Prison of Sremska Mitrovica (Serbia):
Bedri Zymer Shabanaj, Liman Shefki Haxholli, Sami Kamer
Ajeti, Rasim Xheladin Muja, Luan Ajet Statovci, Gezim Nazmi
Statovci, Enver Hamit Sekiraqa, Bekim Ilmi Istogu, Sylejman
Bejtullah Sopjani, Isak Iljaz Kurshumlija, Lek Mihilja
Pervulfi, Ragip Syle Ahmeti, Fehim Rustem Vrelaku, Ilmi Musli
Karagjani, Bekim Avdulla Mazreku, Agim Sylejman Kelmendi,
Rexhep Rushit Musliu, Hysni Rrustem Nursedi, Izet Sadik
Sadriu, Faton Zymer Malaj, Muharrem Jahe Krasniqi, Naser
Bajram Istogu, Abdyl Jusuf Jetishi, Riza Hajdar Dembogaj,
Zeqir A. Pacolli, Gani Asllan Daci, Liman Fazli Aliu, Muhamer
Avdiu, Shkumbin S. Malaj, Lah Haxhi Mataj, Sheremet Zenel
Ahmeti, Halip Hajrullah Reshica, Bajrush Muharrem Xhemaili,
Gent Jakup Nushi, Dem Halil Ranoshaj, Xhemajl Muharrem
Muharremi, Xhavit Shaban Mustapani, Ahmet Sefe Ahmeti,
Skender Sylejman Gjiha, Fahri Rexhep Ejupi, Bastri Jahim
Azemi, Iljaz Gani Gashi, Shefqet Aziz Kosumi, Jakup Hasan
Ademi, Behar Kadri Zymeri, Florijan Hilmi Istogu, Habib
Shaban Shabani, Shaip Male Berisha, Hasan Ahmet Jashari,
Halim Ramadan Musliu, Abullah Haxhi Hoxha, Ajet Liman Zariqi,
Agron Beqir Ejupi, Asllan Jusuf Zekaj, Skender Haxhi
Kelmendi, Ridvan Shaip Salihu, Rasim Ramadan Zota, Bekim
Nevruz Ragipi, Bajram Mustafe Tahi, Uke Mehmet Goxhaj, Halil
Hajrullah Nashica, Bajrush Muharrem Gjemaili, Xhemail
Muharrem Muharremi, Ahmet Sefa Ahmeti, Fahri Rexhep Ujupi,
Iljaz Gani Gashi, Jakup Hasan Ademi, Ergjylent Elbasan Gashi,
Arben Ahmet Bajraktari, Adem Jusuf Morina, Nezir Tafil Sh.,
Bekim Ibrahim Istogu, Afrim Ismet Uka, Drestan Islam Sukaj,
Fadil Kosum Gashi, Bujar Xhafer Goranci, Fejzullah Hasim N.,
Ramiz Ibrahim Isufaj, Avdyl Beqir Kreqka, Imer Bajram Zhushi,
Mirsad Vesel Bashota, Izet Sabri Zenuni, Mehmet Rexhep
Gashi, Osman Haxhi T., Fejzullah Zenel Abdyli, Bexhet Ise
Gashi, Zeqir Abdullahu, Shkeqim Rrahim Selimi, Syle R.
Murati, Kujtim H. Sh., Musa Hajriz Gashi, Abedin Mugaj,
Osman Isuf Hoti, Ramiz Riza Sopjani, Braim Muharrem Isufi,
Muhamet Bexhet Thaci, Azem Hazir Sylejmani, Avdi Zejnullah
Ajeti, Sokol Xhafer Jakupi, Xhevat Esat Aziri, Qamil Abaz
Abazi, Sinan Sylejman Kelmendi, Kastriot Qazim Jetishi,
Beqe Isuf Ukshini, Arber Shefqet Pervuku, Ahmet Mustafe
Kapitaj, Besim Muhamet Zymberi, Mexhdet Ramadan Kida,
Mustafe Emin Shaqa, Rexhe Brahim Jakupi, Faton Vesel
Istogu, Bahtir Hamdi Bahtiri, Rexhep Tafil Topalli, Feriz
Aziz Kaqili, Isuf Asllan Sylaj, Besim Hasan Jashari,
Rrahim Avdi Nika, Florim Sadri Dervishi, Tomorr Haxhi
Hoxha, Shaban Haxhi Hoxha, Agim Like Brahimi, Shkelzen
Ramadan Kida, Mersin Beqir Berisha, Durak Riza Gerbeshi,
Shaban Hamez Frasheri, Bujar Ibrahim Cuni, Beqir Akil
Abazi, Kamber Syle Bucolli, Hasan Beqir Mula, Haxhibeqir
Masar Ajdini, Avdyl Xhabir Skilferi, Enver Muhamed Dula,
Agim Sadri Ceku, Gani Elez Baqaj, Behxhet Kadir Krasniqi,
Sabri Bajram Arifaj, Hazir Mustafe Stoliqi, Hysen Abdyl
Blakqorri, Idriz Bajram Cufaj, Basri Mehmet Dragusha,
Shpetim Feriz Gashi, Arben Jakup Gashi, Zenel Asllan
Myftari, Gani Xheme Ahmetgjekaj, Hajredin Hajdar Hyseni,
Arton Ruzhdi Bashota, Shpend Fazli Dobruna, Xhemsat Male
Shehaj, Avni Brahim Memija, Haki Osman Haziraj, Adnan
Ismajl Topalli, Hysni Xhelaladin Dautaj, Bujar Hasan
Sylaj, Sylejman Faik Bytyci, Fadil Zenun Xhavitaj, Fazli
Myftar Franca, Zijadin Abdullah Blakqorri, Valdet Qazim
Jetishi, Nebi Dibran Rama, Fitim Nazmi Halimi, Remzi Idriz
Dacolli, Fehmi Zejnullah Uka, Zenel Myftar Jetishi, Nazim
Xhavit Halili, Gazmend Mustafe Tahiraj, Halil Sylejman
Xhelili, Agim Nure Jetishi, Hilmi Tahir Begolli, Ekrem
Zejnel Jusufi, Azem Hasan Hasani, Skender Sokol Topalli,
Sevdie Rrahman Muratoviqi, Xhevat, Shaban Tahiri, Sherif
Zeqir Demaj, Halil Muhamet Kadrijaj, Nizat Morina, Ylber
Shane Kastrati, Mehmet Bane Kelmendi, Luan Selman
Ahmetgjekaj, Skender Rame Bajraktari, Arsim Shaban
Berisha, Hashim Ramadan Krasniqi, Halil Sahit Lika, Suat
Beqir Lushtaku, Refik Hamdi Hasani, Bedri Izet Ademi, Sali
Syle Ramaj, Bashkim Mehdi Sadiku, Hysni Sejdi Drenica,
Azem Ramadan Jegrova, Afrim Feriz Seferi, Zymer Hamit
Toplani, Safet Rexhep Kelmendi, Blerim Sadik Shatri,
Behxhet Ymer Rmoku, Rexhep Selim Koca, Rexhe Fazli Gashi,
Rasim Muhamet Selmanaj, Enver Ibrahim Thaci, Luan Syle
Bajrami, Behar Gani Jetishi, Jeton Zymber Mala, Strellci i
eperm, Abedin Mursel Meha, Prekazi ulte, Sahit Musli
Pllana, Leskoshiq, Valon Idriz Gashi, Balince, Kline,
Besim Muse Ramaj, Prishtina, Nexhat Murat Krasniqi,
Negroc, Gllogoc, Bekim Sadri Cikaqi, Doberdelan, Bislim
Selan Bajraktari, Klina e eperme, Bashkim Shefqet Diorani,
Terstenik, Gllogoc, Isat Selim Shala Barileve, Prishtine,
Sali Syle Gashi, Kline, Hysni Rrustem Podrimcaku, Krejkovm
Gllogoc, Arben Rize Shabani, Dashevc Skenderaj, Dervish
Kadri Zukaj, Peje, Ministet Xhafer Shala, Prizren, Syl
Abdullah Abdyli, Likoshan, Skender Smail Asani, Likoshan,
Sylejman Sali Bajgora, Hertice Podujeve, Ekrem Selim Leci,
Barileve, Fadil Jashar Makolli, Prishtina, Gani Kadri
Elshani, Gllogoc, Xhevat Bexhet Podvorica, Dumosh,
Podujeve, Abaz llaz Krasniqi, Vucjak, Gllogoc, Muj Halil
Zekaj, Cerobreg, Decan Ismet Islam Suljka, Obri Gllogoc,
Aziz Ibrahim Hamzaj, Gjinovce Suha Reke, Gazmend Rafret
Zhubi, Gjakove, Qerkin Mehmet Brajshori, Sharban
Prishtine, Gezim Muhamet Zecaj, Samodrexh, Suhareke,
Fatmir Bajram Canolli, Marevc, Prishtine, Selim Sadri
Sutaj, Lluka e Eperme, Decan Xhemshir Rafat Aliti,
Cikatov, Gllogoc, Alban Muharrem Elshani, Korotic,
Gllogoc, Muharrem Gashi, Prishtine, Isuf Haxhi Hadri,
Gjakove Skender Beke Mekaj, Nabrgje, Peje, Pashk Pren
Cuni, Talibare, Gjakove, Burim Syl Morina, Suhareke,
Ramadan Bajram Jakupi, Prapashtice, Safet Balja, Gllareve,
Kline, Ramiz Shefki Sylejmani, Koncul Bujanoc, Yenel Haxhi
Kolmehaj, Strellci i eperm, Decan, Hasan Mustafe Alija
Kraljan, Gjakove, Agron Shaban Prokshi, Brbatovc, Gllogoc,

[[Page H6069]]

Abdullah Islam Bajraktari, Gllogoc, Arsim Idriz Hasani,
Podujeve, Fatmir Ismail Shishani, Dobroshec, Ramiz Shefki
Vitia, Marevc, Xhevdet Sherif Murseli, Shtrubullov,
Gllogoc, Sadri Idriz, Krasniqi, Makoc, Osman Rrahman
Murati, Tupall, Medvegj, Xhevdet Adem Stublla, Alabak,
Podujeve, Xhavit Xhafer Ajazi, Dobratin, Brahim Bahtir
Grbeshi, Marec, Ali Rrustem Berisha, Graboc, Agim Muse
Buzoku, Marec, Bajram Pacolli Marec, Nysret Sadik Sadiku,
Veternik, Ilir Idriz Krasniqi, Vrahovc Peje, Yoje Sefer
Gashi, Peje, Arsim Isa Krasniqi, Prishtine, Agim Isa
Krasniqi, Prishtine, Naser Selim Pajaziti, Orlan Podujeve,
Shaban Imer Mehmetaj, Rudice, Kline, Blerim Zeqir Shala,
Vucjak Gllogoc, Kadri, Shyqyri Derguti, Rahovec, Arbnor
Nexhat Xhemajli, Peje, Remzi Zenel Tetrica, Gjakove, Jahir
Sadik Agushi, Drenoc, Avni Sylja, Mulliq, Xhem Sadri
Morina, Ratkovc, Florin Zokaj Belege, Decan, Salih Selman
Zariqi, Baice, Xhemail Avdi Elshani, Krajkove, Ekrem
Shejki Ejupi, Sekirac, Podujeve, Sejdi Tahir Bega, Jezerc,
Nezir Rexhep Bajraktari, Radice, Kline, Hasan, Ali Ademi,
Karaq, Vushtrri, Nazif Ahmet, Culani, Baice, Neki Selajdin
Sadiku, Gjakove, Isuf Smajl Hajrizj, Kecekoll, Avdi
Abdullah Vitija, Hajvali, Barsi Bajram Gashi, Vrbica,
Gjilan, Ismet Mahmuti, Podujeve, Arif Toskaj, Novo Selle,
Peje, Driton Osman Berisha, Gjakove, Avdi Zeqir Pacolli,
Marec, Agim Vrshevci, Domanek, Bekim Shala, Trud,
Prishtine, Nexhid Hamid Zani, Abedin Mustafe, Mehmeti,
Kline e mesme, Ismet Pacarizi, Dragobil, Namon Murati,
Topalle, Enver Beselica, Prishtine, Pjeter Buzhalja, Peje,
Tefik Shabani, Prishtine, Albert Sadiku, Peje, Mitat Buza,
Gjakove, Valdet Halilaj, Trdevc, Haki Mahmut Demaj,
Sreoce, Decane, Rrustem Letaj, osekhil, Gjakove, Hazir
Krasniqi, Negroc, Mustafe Mehmetaj, Rodice, kline, Tefik
Salihu, Trstenik, Fatmir Krasniqi, Lukare, Brahim Beke
Pepoci, Dujake, Gjakove, Jakup Rexhepi, Gilogoc, Ramadan
Gashim Svrhe, Kline, Visar Muriqi, Peje, Fazli Hajdari,
Dobroshec, Besnik Ismaili, Tucevac, Kamenice, llmi Zenili,
Petric, Kline, Xhafer Cufaj, Prilep, Decan, Aslan Selim
Asllani, Brovine, Gjakove, Predrag Ismail Hasani,
Dobruska, Istok, Zija Xhelili, Prelepnica Gjilane, Haki
Kastrati, Radost Rahovec, Nikoll Markaj, Radac Gjakove,
Naser Shporta, Prizren, Migjen Shala, Truda, Prishtine,
Baki kamani, Prishtine, Bekim Begolli, Trnove, Podujeve,
Sabit Thaci, Ilapushnik, Faruk Dakaj, Cerovik, Veli
Kajtazaj, Prishtine, Nexhmedin Gashi, Hajvali, Shefqet
Beqa, Dac, Kacanik, Bujar Maksuti, Prishtine, Muhamet
Bega, Jezerc, Ferizaj, Riza Tahirukaj, Luka e eperme,
Decan, Hajriz Murati, Shakovice, Rexhep Veseli, Shkup,
Abdullah Gjunaji, Konjush, Sali Kautaj, Shillove.
City Prison of Krushevc (Serbia):
Veli Zogaj, Agim Qemal Bajrami.
City Prison of Vranje (Serbia):
Njazi Hajdari, Besim Ramadani, Fadil Kallaba, Sabit Hoxha,
Mubijan Arifi, Ejup Morina, Bekim Bunjaku, Shefik Maksuti,
Ziadin Mehmeti, Murat Baralia, Fehmi Lecaj, Naim Shaqiri,
Muharrem Bajrami, Xhemajl Xhemajli, Rasim Rulani, Bejtullah
Novobrdalia, Jeton Vllasalia, Besim Ahmeti, Shaban Asani,
Adem Asani, Ramiz Bajrami, Ahmet Aliu, Zulfi Gashi, Ruzhdi
Jashari, Bajram Demiqi, Rrustem Demiqi, Fahri Baftia, Islam
Lipovica, Zeqir Morina, Fevzi Lekiqi, Fazil Abdullahu, Xhevat
Demiri.
City Prison of Zajecar (Serbia):
Braim Mehmet Shala, Cane Nimon Shoshaj, Isat Ramadan
Shoshaj, Agim Syle Shoshaj, Fazli Zenel Shoshaj, Kamber Zenel
Shoshaj, Vedat Ramadan Shoshaj, Selman Sadik Cekaj, Xhevdet
Rama Qorraj, Afrim Avdi Blakaj, Afrim Shaban Alilaj, Mustafa
Rrustem Alilaj, Fetah Uke Alilaj, Sali Shaban Asllani, Mentor
Dervish Balaj, Fahri Rrustem Balaj, Arbnor Xhelal Bajraktari,
Arianit Xhelal Barjaktari, Ilir Avdi Barjaktari, Avni Musa
Barjaktari, Muharrem Rexhep Barjaktari, Ibish Musa Pepaj,
Agim Halil Berisha, Muhamet Iber Berisha, Aziz Iker Kerisha
Xhavit Idriz Berisha, Skender Isa Berisha, Rasim Maxhun
Berisha, Mujo Maxhun Berisha, Ramiz Muharrem Berisha, Osman
Rame Berisha, Zenun Selim Berisha, Kujtim Smajl Berisha,
Shefqet Sokol Berisha, Tahir Musa Berisha, Muharrem Musa
Berisha, Driton Ibish Blakaj, Gezim Muharrem Blakaj, Rexho
Haxhi Bucollli, Bujar Ismajl Mavraj, Ramiz Emshir
Cernovrshanin, Rashid Emshir Cernovrshanin, Bekim Caush
Dautaj, Fidan Aziz Dervishaj, Kemajl Hasan Dobra, Shefqet
Arif Dreshaj, Arif Bajram Dreshaj, Agim Zymer Dreshaj, Hasim
Kadri Dukaj, Avni Kadri Dukaj, Fadil Smajl Berisha, Florent
Isa Ukaj, Atdhe Bajram Gashi, Isuf Bajram Gashi, Bashkim Caca
Gashi, Jusuf Ibish Gashi, Haxhi Smajl Gashi, Arif Smajl
Gashi, Ajet Mujo Gecaj, Armend Ibrahim Grudi, Sadri Muharrem
Haxhiaj, Jahe Sali Haxhiaj, Adem Zeqe Halili, Dem Isuf
Haradinaj, Armend Shpend Hasaj, Zeqo Adem Hasaj, Afrim Smajl
Hasaj, Agron Zenel Hasanaj, Islam Ajet Hysenaj, Isa Smajl
Hysenaj, Rrustem Sadri Husaj, Zenel Idriz Husaj, Huharem
Sadri Idrizaj, Burim Osman Kabashi, Faruk Isuf Kabashi, Imer
Sherif Kelmendi, Milazim Haxhi Kelmendi, Mustafa Jusuf
Kelmendi, Fidan Rama Kelmendi, Erzen Ramaden Kelmendi, Safet
Rama Kabashi, Agron Avdyl Krasniqi, Gani Tahir Krasniqi,
Xhavit Selman Kuqi, Kujtim Mehmet Leka, Labinot Ali Lipoveci,
Tahir Adem Madonaj, Ahmet Binak Mahmutaj, Bedri Binak
Mahmutaj, Lavdim Beqir Mavraj, Besar Dema Mavraj, Petrit Emin
Mavraj, Hamdi Feriz Mavraj, Ragip Januz Mavraj, Fadil Miftar
Mavraj, Nazmi Muharem Navraj, Aush Musa Mavraj, Kadri Musa
Mavraj, Abedin Nezir Mavraj, Nesret Nezir Mavraj, Muhamet
Nezir Mavraj, Hasan Ali Mazrekaj, Rustem Ali Mazrekaj, Rame
Selman Mazrekaj, Avni Adem Mehmetaj, Durim Ramadan Mehmetj,
Hajdar Ramo Mekaj, Miftar Ramo Mekaj, Smajl Shaban Miftaraj,
Selim Binak Morina, Arkin Azem Muqkurtaj, Muhamet Qamil
Thaqi, Muhamet Mustaf Qetaj, Shaban Bajram Muriqi, Kaplan
Bajram Muriqi, Kaplan Selim Nikqi, Hys Selim Nikqi, Ymer Beko
Nitaj, Sefer Beko Nitaj, Besim Ismet Nitaj, Zenel Miftar
Nitaj, Zeke Hajdar Osmanaj, Arben Sadri Osmanaj, Shaqir
Ahmet Osmanaji, Shaqir Ahmet Osmanaj, Faton Ymer Osmani,
Fitim Osman Osmani, Ymer Ukshin Osmani, Xhemaji Justafe
Lajiqi, Valdet Muhemet Lekaj, Ramadan Tahir Keimendi, Sulo
Qazim Rexhaj, Elzen Ahmet Rexhaj, Agush Muherem Rexhaj,
Mehmet Musa Rexhaj, Mustafa Tahir Rexhaj, Agron Zenun
Rexhaj, Rexho Ahmet Fetahaj, Qazim Sejdi Sejdijaj, Ahmet
Haxhi Sulaj, Shefqet Hasan Thaqi, Ismet Xhemo Tuzi, Azem
Xhemo Tuzi, Azem Xhemo Tuzi, Hajim Haki Vranezi, Zeqe Mete
Zeqa, Mexhid Mehmed Zeqaj, Aziz Mehmed Zeqaj, Nukman Zeqir
Zemaj, Agim Haxhi Zumeri, Vegim Qamil Zuna.
City Prison of Leskovac (Serbia)
Ali Hajdin Zeneli, Bekim Syl Kalamoshi, Murtez Dam Islamaj,
Shkelzen Selmon Zukaj, Sherif Zeqir Krasniqi, Shaban Binak
Thaqi, Shkelzen Xhemaji; Muslijaj, Beqir Arif Beqiraj, Isuf
Smajl Ymeri, Kadri Smajl Ymeri, Gazmend Siqan Bajrami,
Xhevdet Rem Bajrami, Beqir Tahir Loxhaj, Vllaznim Brahim
Perxhexhaj, Agron Ibrahim Koqaku, Binak Mislim Selmonaj, Beke
Smajl Selmonaj, Sadik Lush Danaj, Musa Nazir Beqiraj, Nimon
Maxhun Zekaj, Islam Miftar Qestaj, Kujtim Ymer Salihaj,
Xhafer Meta Maloku, Rexhe Xhemajl Abdulahu, Arif Salih
Fetahaj, Skender Ali Mehmeti, Abdulah Sadik Hoxha, Behar Adem
Bahri, Shaban Rustem Hadergjonaj, Ndrec Zef Kqiro, Idriz
Halil Ramoni, Zef Ndue Markaj, Ali Dervish Curaj, Shaqir Azem
Hajdaraj, Fazli Zeke Rexhaj, Kristijan Gjoke Bibiqaj, Brahim
Rexhep Salcaj, Nikol Frat Berisha, Islam Rame Qekaj, Isuf
Bajram Krasniqi, Isuf Bajram Krasniqi, Shpetim Bajram Hoti,
Deme Hasan Bunjaku, Lutfi Zeke Miroci, Smajl Muharem Ramqaj,
Haxhi Muharem Zubaj, Zija Rasim Humaj, Xhafer Zenel Lotaj,
Bekim Adem Memaj, Riza Rustem Mavraj, Xheme Elez Mavraj, Sami
Rame Shala, Him Misin Balaj, Valdet Beqir Barjaktari, Naim
Gjon Tuzi, Rame Mehmet Muqaj, Musli Qazim Berisha, Hamdi Elez
Mavraj, Arif Deme Neziraj, Afrim Bilal Shabani, Selmon Hisen
Osmanaj, Haxhi Duqa Mehmetaj, Izet Nezir Kuqi, Ferad Sali
Berisha, Zenel Syle Iberdemaj, Musa Tahir Blakaj, Deme Maxhun
Berisha, Nexhmedin Tahir Mavraj, Avni Zenun Balaj, Ilo Shefki
Seniku, Zef Pren Bicaj, Deli Mustafe Mavraj, Sali Musa Belaj,
Ragip Azem Vranezi, Mahmutaj Rame Nexhaj, Fadil Ramadan
Quliqi, Milazim Sadik Blakaj, Iso Rexhep Kelmendi, Xhelo
Shaban Shala, Naim Dervish Balaj, Faruk Azem Kelmendi, Riza
Rame Ceku, Ismajl Sherif Kelmendi, Nexhat Januz Kabashi,
Bajram Rexhep Kelmendi, Nexhdet Isuf Bajramaj, Avni Nimon
Shoshaj, Idriz Zeko Blakaj, Halil Sait Gashi, Hamdi Ymer
Shoshaj, Blerim Ymer Kelmendi, Hasan Adem Cocaj, Adem
Sheremet Berisha, Tahir Isuf Barjaktari, Skender Hasan
Shoshaj, Skender Rizo Shabaj, Avdyl Mahmut Husaj, Xhavit
Musa Dresh, Arif Cafe Hysaj, Luarez Jusuf Kelmendi,
Muhamed Zeke Bajraj, Fadil Binak Qalaj, Florim Deme Gashi,
XHafer Deli Gashi, Halil Adem Gashi, Arif Rexhep Gashi,
Sejdi Qerim Gashi, Gezim Rame Kabashi, Ise Ali Kabashi,
Mustafe Duat Bajramaj, Riza Ibish Ukaj, Flakron Hajdar
Nekaj, Blerim Bajram Beqiraj, Qerim Bajram Elshani, Rifat
Hasan Nurina, Shaban Osman Gashi, Xheme Rexhep Berisha,
Ali Deme Qelaj, Sejdi Binak Ahmeti, Sulejman Sejdi Zekaj,
Ismajl Rexhe Zekaj, Abdulla Avdi Zekaj, Ise Rame Tahiraj,
Sadri Ali Zekaj, Tahir Rize Alijaj, Valon Osman Zekaj,
Zeqir Osman Morina, Rexhep Tahir Kurtaj, Ramadan Avdije
Zekaj, Mustafe Feka Nimonaj, Ismajl Shaban Hysa, Bashkim
Deme Gashi, Shaban Deme Gashi, Syle Rexhep Bytyqi, Pajzit
Hazir Gashi, Xhevat Xhemaj Gashi, Arben Mehmet Gashi,
Zenun Bajram Bajrami, Enver Mehmet Gashi, Bajram Zenun
Bajrami, Nezir Tahir Gashi, Haser Sadik Gashi, Fadil Daut
Gashi, Nimon Nezir Gashi, Mehmet Ibrahim Gashi, Avni
Rrustem Mavraj, Mehdi Memet Zeqaj, Driton Bali Hysaj,
Hajredin Binak Mavraj, Agim Myftar Abdullahu, Bajram Rame
Kelmendi, Sadri Rexhep Kelmendi, Berat Murat Kabashi, Isa
Shaban Shabaj, Ramiz Sadik Berisha, Valdet Sali Mavraj,
Jahe Elez Mavraj, Mentor Qaush Dautaj, Rrustem Hajdar
Mamaj, Florent Ali Lipoveci, Rame Tahir Haziraj, Gazmend
Hasan Kameraj, Albert Rexhep Salihi, Bekri Sadik
Rrustemaj, Avni Rezi Shala, Nezir Hajdar Latifi, Hasan
Jusuf Ukaj, Pjeter Matej Ndrecaj, Pal Pren Ndrecaj, Riza
Mete Sadrijaj, Xhafer Musa Zeneli, Rasim Adem Hysenaj,
Hasan Puka, Muharem Donaj, Vesel Murta, Bashkim Arif
Bajrami, Eduard Rifat Muharemi, Mal Tahir Ajdinaj,
Vladimir Momqillo Vrdar, Vladimir Tonko Dupalo, Blerim Uke
Hetaj, Suad Etem Hetaj, Shefqet Isuf Osmanaj, Xhafter Isuf
Osmanaj, Mehmet Qazim Krasniqi, Qaush Nezir Shpatollaj,
Ramadan Ahmet Sopjani, Neset Xhemajl Zhabeli, Esat Ibrahim
Zeka,

[[Page H6070]]

Musa Omer Sinani, Tahir Arslan Mehmetaj, Dede Mark Gecaj,
Hamze Gani Luboja.
City Prison of Nish (Serbia):
Hasan Zeneli, Ramadan Kokulaj, Arben Basha, Jahir Mazreku,
Sejdi Haziraj, Haxhi Ukaj, Ferik Haziri, Mustafe Alimusaj,
Hasan Shala, Haqif Ilazi, Enver Berisha, Milaim Kabashi,
Hysni Krasniqi, Mexhit Zenelaj, Arif Kabashi, Arsim Kabashi,
Defrim Rifaj, Rexhep Aliaj, Hazir Zenelaj, Sejdi Belanica,
Bylbyl Duraku, Selim Kadriu, Rizo Gjekiq, Zaim Qatani, Zadin
Berisha, Xhavit Krasniqi, Nijazi Kryeqiu, Xhevat Daciq,
Sylejman Ziba, Arsim Ziba, Xhemajl Salauka, Murat Kabashi,
Arben Llugaxhiu, Arben Kolgeci, Emri Loshi, Arben Morina,
Jemin Kryeziu, Hasan Istogu, Milaim Kastrati, Hasan Muqa,
Burim Bllaca, Selim Gashani, Uke Ndrecaj, Nazmi Franca,
Zymer Gashi, Vesel Llugaxhiu, Uke Kolgeci, Osman
Llugazhiu, Mehdi Gashi, Avni Kolgeci, Daut Gashi, Xhevat
Shukolli, Agron Perteshi, Maliq Shukolli, Nasuf Dvorani,
Mustafe Kolgeci, Naser Hysaj, Sokol Morina, Sherif
Berisha, Ismet Krasniqi, Shaban Quipi, Neqir Shala, Hilmi
Krasniqi, Arton Krasniqi, Shaban Kolgeci, Hamit Buzhala,
Xhavit Mala, Abdullah Shala, Shefqet Topolani, Riza
Krasniqi, Sahit Ziba, Gezim Ziba, Asllan Lumi, Skender
Hoti, Milazim Kolgeci, Lum Matoshi, Naim Leku, Gani Ibali,
Milaim Matoshi, Haki Elshani, Sali Loshi, Uke Thaqi,
Xhavit Kolgeci, Gazmend Bytyqi, Sherif Hamza, Sedat
Kolgeci, Isa Ismalaj, Ramadan Morina, Asim Morina, Selim
Lokaj, Selim Gashi, Demir Limaj, Ali Xhulliqu, Mustafe
Berisha, Brahim Berisha, Muhamet Rama, Mehemet Memqia,
Agim Lumi, Shkelzen Zllanoga, Halim Shatri, Gani Balia,
Isak Hoti, Adrian Haxhaj, Vehbi Mhuarremi, Lavdim Tetaj,
Fazli Gashi, Arben Lukaj, Asman Kastrati, Muje Prekupi,
Visar Balovci, Ralif Qela, Libum Aliu, Shaban Beka, Arif
Vokshi, Agim Sylaj, Ilaz Dugolli, Ilaz Bislimi, Brahe
Beqiraj, Agron Ramadani, Enver Dugolli, Ramadan Nisholli,
Skender Recaj, Besim Rama, Avdija Mehmedoviq, Dine Gjocaj,
Zejnullah Shala, Selman Ukehazhaj, Maliq Muharemoviq,
Rexhep Oruqi, Shabedin Asallri, Valon Berisha, Idriz
Musliu, Luz Marku, Blerim Camaj, Naim Lushi, Musa
Krasniqi, Leonard Krasniqi, Hasan Vrelaku, Ismet Berbati,
Isa Shalaj, Arif Vrelaku, Fadil Jetishi, Arbnor Koshi,
Hasan Rama, Esat Shehu, Luan Sejdia, Shefqet Vokshi, Elmi
Gjulani, Naim Krasniqi, Ismet Alia, Maki Degolli, Hil
Qira, Nazim Zenelaj, Artan Hasi, Blerim Krasniqi, Arsim
Jullashi, Naser Shunjaku, Meduh Duraku, Faik Mustafa,
Kreshnik Hoxha, Fisnik Zhaveli, Bislim Zoqaj, Asllan
Selimi, Dylber Beka, Arben Selmoni, Avdi Kabashi, Faton
Hoxha, Fatmir Tafarshiku, Asim Bakalli, Filip Pjetri,
Shefqet Kabashi, Mithat Zeka, Shpend Ganinmusa, Besnik
Mezini, Muhamet Guta, Muhedin Zeka, Jeton Xharra,
Nexhmedin Varaku, Lulzim Qerimi, Yll Kusari, Endogand
Mati, Mustafe Gjocaj, Agron Dvorani, Bekim Krasniqi, Fadil
Topalli, Bashkim Jusufi, Ruzhdi Morina, Huhamet Kiqina,
Ylber Dizdari, Astrit Elshani, Rrustem Jetishi, Ramiz
Gjocaj, Enver Hoxha, Hekuran Qarri, Rexhep Sejdiu, Jusuf
Shala, Hysen Reka, Xhavit Gashi, Naim Baleci, Ismajl Musa,
Naser Kalimshi, Isa Alia, Gani Quekaj, Hddin Alia, Esat
Afma, Hysen Juniku, Ismet Gashi, Shpejtim Hoxha, Naim
Zejna, Hamdi Hareqi, Azem Krasniqi, Hasan Berisha, Selim
Qekaj, Sali Hameli, Kadri Jahaj, Naser Qerimi, Ramadan
Avdiu, Boge Hereqi, Riza Alia, Jeton Alia, Bekim Maqi,
Kujtim Jetishi, Bajram Avdyli, Naim Lulaj, Sami Gashi,
Avdyl Maqi, Luan Mazreku, Sami Hasani, Arton Morina, Genc
Kida, Sali Mariqi, Bali Beqaj, Nuhi Bokaj, Avdi Rrahmani,
Flamur Godeni, Isuf Zekaj, Hajrullah Samadraxha, Gani
Gexha, Fatmir Bytyqi, Afrim Caka, Skender Sina, Adnan
Brovina, Sylejman Brovina, Agim Muhaxheri, Remzi Krasniqi,
Jusuf Brovina, Jahir Shala, Skender Tasholli, Bashkim
Berisha, Ymer Krasniqi, Arif Meta, Ismet Beqirai, Tahir
Hyseni, Feriz Zabelaj, Fejzi Krasniqi, Sadik Rexhaj,
Rrahim Aliu, Fatmir Malaj, Reshat Behluli, Adriatik
Vokshi, Flamur Hana, Genc Batusha, Rifat Thaci, Xhemajl
Thaci, Dritero Baleta, Befort Mullahasani, Binak Haxhijai,
Shefki Frazlijaj, Kastriot Gerkuqu, Tahir Kajdomqai,
Florent Rudi, Feriz Bozhdaraj, Driton Aliaga, Hysni Hoxha,
Luan Xheka, Bashkim Mustafa, Sabit Lushaj, Rinor Lamaj,
Avdyl Ndrecaj, Nazim Morina, Mustaf Ukaj, Ferat Luhani,
Jeton Bytyqi, Mazllom Grushi, Hasan Aliaj, Hivzi Perolli,
Bujar Hasiqti, Sami Morina, Burim Hasiqi, Ramadan Xhogaj,
Adem Morina, Agim Hasiqi, Valdet Krasniqi, Avni Bytyqi,
Ardian Tetrica, Naser Mema, Ruzhdi Abazi, Beqir Belani,
Azem Buzhala, Merxhan Zhubi, Visar Dushi, Mustaf Ahmeti,
Isa Axhanela, Istref Hasani, Halil Ademaj, Hesed Jaija,
Ndre Matiqi, Hilmi Hajdari, Kastriot Zhubi, Bajram
Mustafa, Adrian Kumnova, Alban Koshi, Admand Shtaloja,
Edmond Dushi, Nexhat Shujaku, Driton Xhiha, Burim Dobruna,
Agron Lama, Florent Zhubi, Mehdi Ferizi, Yll Ferizi, Agron
Syla, Yll Pepa, Sadik Zeqiri, Limon Abazi, Emin Deliu,
Shkelzen Nura, Selim Curraj, Lulzim Delia, Burim Zhubi,
Petrit Vula, Idriz Pepa, Adnan Koshi, Adratik Pula, Genc
Xharra, Fahri Koshi, Jeton Rezniqi, Admir Pruthi, Behar
Koshi, Labinot Pula, Genc Sada, Bekim Lota, Llir Lota, Zog
Delia, Vllazerim Radogoshi, Ahmet Asllani, Agim Hoda,
Istref Sadrija, Fatmir Pruthi, Jusuf Kollari, Zeqir
Hyseni, Perparim Zejnullahu, Agim Mehmeti, Nexhat Vehapi,
Dijamant Mici, Arben Abazi, Mithat Guta, Fatos Deva, Bekim
Musa, Petrit Kepuska, Dijamant Manxhuka, Qamil Beqiri,
Tahir Skenderaj, Dukogjin Pula, Agron Pula, Fatos Dautaga,
Bruim Brovina, Ymer Guta, Petrit Sahatqiu, Muhamet Zymi,
Ahmet Hyseni, Arben Shala.
____

[From the Washington Post, July 10, 1999]

Among the Missing: Prisoners of Serbia

(By William Booth)

Pozarevac, Yugoslavia.--The most famous prisoner in Serbia
shuffled into the deputy warden's office today, her boots
missing their laces and her hands clasped behind her back.
She was pale and her fingers trembled, but she was defiant
and angry.
Flore Brovina, a middle-aged pediatrician and poet with
dyed blond hair, beloved in her native Kosovo but accused of
being an enemy of the state by Yugoslav authorities, is among
hundreds of ethnic Albanians who were taken from jails in
Kosovo in the last days of the war last month and moved to
prisons in Serbia.
Brovina is among the lucky ones; she has been found. Most
of the prisoners have yet to be accounted for, and they are
among the larger ranks of missing ethnic Albanians whose fate
is one of the great human rights mysteries of the Kosovo
conflict. Over the three months of war, thousands of ethnic
Albanians in Kosovo, mostly men of fighting age, were pulled
from their homes and from columns of refugees streaming into
Albania, Macedonia and Montenegro.
They vanished without a trace.
Some were killed, and only the digging in graves and
forensic investigations will tell their stories. But many
were incarcerated in seven prisons around Kosovo. Many were
held without formal charges, allowed under a martial law
decree that governed Yugoslavia during the war.
At war's end, as NATO forces advanced into Kosovo province,
some prisoners escaped--how many is unknown. At least 800
were marched to the Albanian border and released by Yugoslav
security forces. The rest were taken in a long convoy of
buses and trucks to Serbia.
Today, Brovina took a seat before her captors and announced
to her first visitor since her arrest in April, ``I do not
consider myself a prisoner, but a slave.''
She said, ``I have only one question: Why am I here?''
For the next two hours, as the deputy warden and a guard by
turns grimaced with shame or anger, disbelief or disgust,
Brovina, 50, described her journey through the Serbian
criminal justice system, where she is charged with being a
terrorist.
Serbian Justice Minister Dragoljub Jankovic said in an
interview this week that his staff has accounted for 1,860
prisoners brought to Serbia from Kosovo on June 10, the day
Yugoslav forces began withdrawing from the province. The
prisons of Kosovo are now empty, and the largest, at Istok,
was bombed into rubble--and prisoners killed--by NATO
airstrikes in late May.
According to Jankovic, there are 800 of the missing at the
prison here in Pozarevac; 400 in Nis; 330 in Sremska
Mitrovica; 180 in Leskovac; 95 in Prokuplje; and 55 in
Zajecar. These cities are all in Serbia.
The minister said he will soon turn over the names and
locations, still being tabulated, to the International
Committee for the Red Cross.
The 1,860--or more--brought to Serbia from Kosovo are
approximately the same number of missing prisoners
circulating among humanitarian groups and lawyers in Serbia
and Kosovo, its southern province. But even Jankovic
acknowledged the final tally may grow. He said that many
prisoners were moved, but their case files and other
documentation, including investigative and trial
proceedings, were lost in the race by Yugoslav forces and
Serbian authorities to withdraw from Kosovo. Serbia is the
dominant republic in the Yugoslav federation.
``We're doing the best we can under very difficult
circumstances,'' Jankovic said.
The Belgrade government released 166 ethnic Albanian
prisoners in June. Jankovic said another 200 would probably
be freed soon.
The chief warden here, Stipe Marusic, said he received 647
prisoners from Kosovo on the last day of the war, of which
579 were ethnic Albanians, most of whom are not yet convicted
of any crime but are listed on his manifests as ``detainees''
or ``under investigation.'' Others are simply prisoners
arrested in the last four months by the Serbian special
police.
``We expect some to be convicted'' of charges of terrorist
activities, he said, ``and some to be exchanged.''
Human rights activists here and in Kosovo have faulted NATO
leaders for not including in the peace accords more language
about what is to be done with the prisoners.
Brovina said she believed they were being held as
``bargaining chips,'' and were being ``fattened'' up in
Serbian prisons before some are eventually released.
For weeks, Brovina's lawyer was not sure where she was. The
Serbian Ministry of Justice could not find her. Confused
about her misspelled name, the authorities said they were
looking for a man, Jankovic assisted a reported in finding
Brovina. Brovina has been in trouble with Serbian authorities
since the early 1990s, when ethnic Albanians in Kosovo began
actively resisting a decree by Slobodan Milosevic, who was
then president of Serbia, to strip the province of its
limited autonomy and bring the majority ethnic Albanian
population to heel.
In the purges that followed, Brovina was fired from her job
at the hospital in Pristina,