announce: gtest 1.6.0 released

Zhanyong Wan (λx.x x)

Apr 18, 2011, 5:56:13 PM4/18/11
to Google C++ Testing Framework
Dear users of Google Test,

I'm happy to announce that we have just released Google Test 1.6.0.
You can read http://code.google.com/p/googletest/source/browse/trunk/CHANGES
to find out what's new in this release, and download it from the
project's homepage (http://code.google.com/p/googletest/). Please let
us know if you encounter any problem with this version.

This release wouldn't have been possible without the hard work of many
of our contributers. Thank you for making testing C++ code easier!

--
Zhanyong

Fotos Georgiadis

May 4, 2011, 5:20:41 PM5/4/11
to googletes...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

good work and thanks for the great release!

But, could you, please upload .tar.gz and .tar.bz2 as you have done for previous versions as well?
Unfortunately not all servers have unzip available.

Thanks a lot,
-fotos

PS. Obviously it's not that hard to create a .tar.gz from the zip but I though I'd report this "omission".