GWT 2.0 plugin for Firefox 3.6

Thad

Feb 16, 2010, 2:05:26 PM2/16/10
to Google Web Toolkit
When will this be available? I have v. 1.0.7511. This works with
Firefox 3.5.7 but will not work with 3.6.

Lukas Laag

Feb 17, 2010, 3:40:32 AM2/17/10
to Google Web Toolkit
The version in the trunk works fine with FF3.6.
I had no problem building it.
+ Check out the source and tools from the svn repository as described
in: http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/makinggwtbetter.html#checkingout
+ Go to trunk/plugins/xpcom and type: make ARCH=x86 BROWSER=ff36
This will build a plugin in the directory trunk/plugins/xpcom/prebuilt/
gwt-dev-plugin.xpi
+ In FF3.6, go to File > Open File... and open the .xpi resulting from
the build

Beware though no to accept updates to v. 1.0.7511 since as you noticed
this version does not work with FF36

Thomas Broyer

Feb 17, 2010, 5:44:28 AM2/17/10
to Google Web Toolkit

On Feb 16, 8:05 pm, Thad <thad.humphr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When will this be available?  I have v. 1.0.7511.  This works with
> Firefox 3.5.7 but will not work with 3.6.

Just a clarification (I think): 1.0.7511 works very well in FF3.6 on
Windows (I'm using it). It might not work on Linux though:
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=4141

Thad

Feb 18, 2010, 3:20:21 PM2/18/10
to Google Web Toolkit
I've got Firefox installed at /opt/firefox, so in trunk/plugins/
xpcomand/Makefile I set DEFAULT_FIREFOX_LIBS to /opt/firefox.

On my system (SuSE Linux 11.2), the XPCOM files are in /usr/include/
xulrunner-1.9.1.7/unstable
I must be brain-dead today, but I'm not seeing where to set that in
the Makefile.

On Feb 17, 3:40 am, Lukas Laag <laa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The version in the trunk works fine with FF3.6.
> I had no problem building it.
> + Check out the source and tools from the svn repository as described
> in:http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/makinggwtbetter.html#checkingout

> + Go to trunk/plugins/xpcomand type: make ARCH=x86 BROWSER=ff36

Lukas Laag

Feb 18, 2010, 5:06:09 PM2/18/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Actually, you do not want to use the version of the SDK files which
come with your distribution. The Makefile is designed to build the
code using the gecko-1.9.2 which is available from the GWT svn
repository (see: http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/plugin-sdks/).
Sorry I forgot to mention that.

So in the same directory where your checked out the GWT trunk, you
should also do:

svn co http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/plugin-sdks/gecko-sdks/gecko-1.9.2
plugin-sdks/gecko-sdks/gecko-1.9.2

Thad

Feb 19, 2010, 12:07:39 PM2/19/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Thanks, Lukas. That's it. I've built 1.0.7591M.etc (the timestamp) in
SuSE Linux 11.2, and installed it successfully in Firefox 3.6. This
is working with GWT 2.0.2.

On Feb 18, 5:06 pm, Lukas Laag <laa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, you do not want to use the version of the SDK files which
> come with your distribution. The Makefile is designed to build the
> code using the gecko-1.9.2 which is available from the GWT svn
> repository (see:http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/plugin-sdks/).
> Sorry I forgot to mention that.
>
> So in the same directory where your checked out the GWT trunk, you
> should also do:
>

> svn cohttp://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/plugin-sdks/gecko-sdks/g...

> plugin-sdks/gecko-sdks/gecko-1.9.2
>
> On Feb 18, 9:20 pm, Thad <thad.humphr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I've got Firefox installed at /opt/firefox, so in trunk/plugins/
> > xpcomand/Makefile I set DEFAULT_FIREFOX_LIBS to /opt/firefox.
>

> > On my system (SuSE Linux 11.2), theXPCOMfiles are in /usr/include/

kolstae

Feb 23, 2010, 5:07:20 AM2/23/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Thanks Lukas! Worked like charm!