PDF Viewer Widget

marcelpsouza

Nov 27, 2009, 6:55:48 AM11/27/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi people,

Does anyone know if there is a GWT widget to view PDF files?
I know that I can open a window and show a PDF file with an Adobe plug-
in but I am looking for a widget to better control the PDF file
visualization in my app.

Any help would be appreciate,

marcel.

Aekold

Nov 27, 2009, 10:07:51 AM11/27/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Maybe you can use PDFRenderer to render pdf as png and then just show
png image using some servlet?

Jan Ehrhardt

Nov 28, 2009, 3:58:46 AM11/28/09
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Creating such a simple Widget shouldn't be to difficult. Just take an 'iframe' and let it show the PDF.

Regards
Jan Ehrhardt

David T

Nov 29, 2009, 7:28:44 PM11/29/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Easiest method would be to use the Google Viewer app in an iframe.

https://docs.google.com/viewer

On Nov 28, 7:58 pm, Jan Ehrhardt <jan.ehrha...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Creating such a simple Widget shouldn't be to difficult. Just take an
> 'iframe' and let it show the PDF.
>
> Regards
> Jan Ehrhardt
>
> On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 12:55 PM, marcelpsouza <marcelpso...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Hi people,
>
> > Does anyone know if there is a GWT widget to view PDF files?
> > I know that I can open a window and show a PDF file with an Adobe plug-
> > in but I am looking for a widget to better control the PDF file
> > visualization in my app.
>
> > Any help would be appreciate,
>
> > marcel.
>
> > --

> > .

Vishwas Raiborde

Nov 30, 2009, 12:51:04 AM11/30/09
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
try the Swf  widget ,first you need to convert the pd pages to swf via the swf9 api and then load the pages via the SWFWidget

marcelpsouza

Nov 30, 2009, 8:04:37 AM11/30/09
to Google Web Toolkit
My problem is that I can't let the user save or copy the PDF file to
his local machine.
As far as I see, google viewer let you download the file, I would like
a component that let me control this features.

Lothar Kimmeringer

Nov 30, 2009, 8:10:30 AM11/30/09
marcelpsouza schrieb:
> My problem is that I can't let the user save or copy the PDF file to
> his local machine.
> As far as I see, google viewer let you download the file, I would like
> a component that let me control this features.

Isn't that an attribute you can set inside the PDF, i.e.
setting the permission to print, copy to the clipboard etc.

If you can't set that, convert it to an image and show that
instead of the PDF. That still allows people to save it to
disc but all features of the _Portable_ Document Format are lost.

Regards, Lothar

pfc09 pfc09

Jan 25, 2010, 9:36:34 AM1/25/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi people!
I was looking for a good way to embed a pdf file in my web app. I'm still in the design phase, but I'd like to use GWT.
I'd like to know if Marcel could find a way to embed a pdf file or if he used Swf cause I don't know exactly how it works.
Thanks.