JUnit testing from shell script vs. Eclipse gives different results.

javaunixsolaris

Oct 15, 2009, 1:07:44 PM10/15/09
to Google Web Toolkit
From within Eclipse my test case works great, but when I try to run it
from the generated shell script (which uses junit.textui.TestRunner)
it fails: " The test class '...' depends on a unit that had compile
errors; check log for details". I think this happens because it
removes classes the test case depends on "Removing invalidated units".

I believe the reason it removes these units is because of my
annotations: "[ERROR] Line 14: The import javax.persistence cannot be
resolved". But these annotations do not matter when I deploy my
application or when I test from within Eclipse!

So I guess my question is why is the GWTTestCase triggered GWT-
compiler different then "com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler". And can I flag
it to 'ignore' the gwt compile errors?

My overall goal would be to put the test cases into my build.xml and
have a quick "ant" way to run my test suite.

PS. When I say 'generated shell script' that is accomplished with the
"junitCreator".

javaunixsolaris

Nov 3, 2009, 12:14:21 PM11/3/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Is anyone using ant to run their JUnit test scripts? If so could you
show me your task?