GWT Designer errors on GWT 2.1 project in Eclipse Helios 3.6

SteveC

Nov 13, 2010, 10:39:38 AM11/13/10
to Google Web Toolkit
We are using GWT 2.1 on Eclipse 3.6 running on Windows XP. After we
installed GWT Designer into Eclipse, our project started showing
errors in Eclipse relating to classes not being found within our own
code. When we uninstall GWT Designer from Eclipse, the errors go
away.

There are no actual errors in our code but somehow GWT Designer makes
Eclipse think there are.

How can we make GWT Designer coexist with our GWT 2.1 project and not
have Eclipse 3.6 report errors where there aren't any?

Is this a known issue? My attempts at searching out the problem have
failed.

Santu

Nov 15, 2010, 1:01:53 AM11/15/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi SteveC,

I'm also facing the same porblem.
I have started using gwt designer in my existing project, but i am
getting some errors

com.google.gwt.json.client.JSONArray can not be found in source
packages.
Check the inheritance chain from your module;it may not be inheriting
a required module or a module may not be adding its source path
entries properly.

com.google.gwt.json.client.JSONObject can not be found in source
packages.
Check the inheritance chain from your module; it may not be
inheriting a required module or a module may not be adding its source
path entries properly.

com.google.gwt.json.client.JSONString can not be found in source
packages.
Check the inheritance chain from your module; it may not be
inheriting a required module or a module may not be adding its source
path entries properly.

junit.framework.TestCase can not be found in source packages.
Check the inheritance chain from your module;it may not be inheriting
a required module or a module may not be adding its source path
entries properly.

But it was working fine before implementing gwt designer into my
project !!!
Please can any one tell me what is these errors ???

And i'v noticed that Gwt designer will maintain only one Gwt Xml file
for all EntryPoints.. !!

Any help is very appreciated!

Eric Clayberg

Nov 16, 2010, 8:48:56 AM11/16/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Give the latest GWT Designer 8.1 build a try...

http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/tools/download-gwtdesigner-beta.html

Also note that there is a preference for turning the enhanced
compilation checking on and off...

http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/tools/gwtdesigner/preferences/gwt/preferences_builder.html