Struts 1.2 and gwt

suzy

Aug 13, 2009, 2:20:09 PM8/13/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi,

My web application is using struts1.2 and i would like to
integrate GWT for displaying data coming from db in a table in my
jsp.

-- can i still you struts tags in jsp along with GWT (i.e need to
refresh table with new data)

-- i need to just include the url(i.e action) in struts-config.xml
corrrect ?

if there are any tutorials on struts with GWT would help me.

-- Thanks

Shajee Lawrence

Aug 14, 2009, 4:59:30 AM8/14/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Struts tags in jsp - along with GWT - i don't think there exists a
straight forward implementation for that. Might be, you can bring in a
struts page (jsp) from within a GWT application because you have
requestbuilders and other stuff. But GWT within struts - its not
straight forward.

Sumit Chandel

Aug 17, 2009, 6:53:12 PM8/17/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Hi suzy,

There is nothing stopping you from using GWT in your Struts application. One point of conflict I could think of is controlling application flow, as Struts does seem to prescribe a Web 1.0 style navigation flow, however you can definitely add GWT components to your existing Struts pages to enhance them.

In your case, it seems like you simply want to use GWT to display data within your Struts page. You can do this by simply coding up your GWT component (both the widget layout and style itself along with the logic to grab the data to be displayed from the page), and binding the component to an element in your Struts page. You can read more details about how to bind the component to your Struts page in the documentation linked below.

Organizing Projects - HTML Host Pages (same concept applies to a Struts page):

Hope that helps,
-Sumit Chandel