gwt framework recomendations

kedar

Mar 15, 2009, 12:25:39 PM3/15/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi,

I am looking for a recommendation on what server side frameworks and
other components works best with gwt for rapid application
development.

I have used gwt on a previous project to integrate it with existing
legacy sytems using rpc which worked well. I am now planning a new
project in which we can choose all the components from scratch and I
am willing to learn a new framework if it has significant advantages
and requires a couple days to get up to speed.

The application will require persistence to one database,
authentication/authorisation, and a role based workflow. The
application will also need to work offline so from what I have read,
it seems like it makes sense to take advantage of gears and chrome to
make the application behave like a fat client.

Thanks in advance

Arthur Kalmenson

Mar 17, 2009, 8:38:06 AM3/17/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
We use Hibernate to communicate with the database and Spring for IoC.
We also use Spring Security for all the security requirements you
mentioned. Haven't tried Gears yet.

--
Arthur Kalmenson

Harun Pathan

Mar 17, 2009, 9:06:57 AM3/17/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
We also used GWT+Spring+Hibernate stack and it worked well for us.

Harald Pehl

Mar 17, 2009, 9:07:35 AM3/17/09
to Google Web Toolkit
We alos use spring / hibernate. Furthermore we used GWT Server Library
(http://gwt-widget.sourceforge.net/) for the clue code between spring
dispatcher servlet and GWT services.

Greetings
Harald

On Mar 17, 1:38 pm, Arthur Kalmenson <arthur.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We use Hibernate to communicate with the database and Spring for IoC.
> We also use Spring Security for all the security requirements you
> mentioned. Haven't tried Gears yet.
>
> --
> Arthur Kalmenson

kedar

Apr 3, 2009, 6:07:24 PM4/3/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Thanks guys, I was considering either JBoss or Spring and it looks
like Spring is the better choice.