Create .jpg images from google charts

Wabbit

Dec 1, 2009, 9:22:37 AM12/1/09
to Google Visualization API
I am creating a pdf document via php to display certain statisics and
values currently this is in text and simple bar charts. I would like
to make use of some of the visualizations here in my pdf's but the
issue i have is that i can only import .jpg or similar image file into
my pdf document. So .. Does anyone know of a way that i can (without
too much fuss) convert some of the google charts that are currently
displayed in the <div id="chartDiv"></div> tags into a .jpg that i can
store in a temp location and use in my pdf's??

Many Thanks

VizGuy

Dec 3, 2009, 8:03:48 AM12/3/09
to google-visua...@googlegroups.com
The simplest use will be using the charts that are image based (See ImageChart).
These are based on Google Chart Api, and are actually png images. The advantage of this over using the charts api directly, is that you can set the data dynamically from a data table.

For other types of charts, that are based on SVG or Flash, the solutions are more complicated.

Regards,
VizGuy

Wabbit

Dec 4, 2009, 8:03:42 PM12/4/09
to Google Visualization API
VisGuy,

You are a legend!!

In fact, thinking back when i first discovered google charts I worked
with the images based pie charts. althought the web work i have been
doing recently has made some fantastic use of the more interactive
charts. these will be just what i need and i totally forgot about
them!

A simple php script can save these these into a directory and then i
can import them into my pdfs! BRILLIANT!!

And to think I was already planning out some GD modules of my own to
generate these charts - which may in the future still happen, but for
the moment this has saved me many of hours of work!

Thanks and Regards
Wabbit.