Different result from google maps V3 api's than found on the maps.google.com ?

nitin murkute

Jul 13, 2010, 5:53:13 AM7/13/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Hi All

Can somebody explain me why results on maps.google.com differs from
the example on
http://gmaps-samples-v3.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/geocoder/v3-geocoder-tool.html

??
Try entering following address in both the places and see the
different result location.

mocha mayas, 105 Main Street, Shelburne Falls, MA, 01370

Is it anything to do with bounds or viewport specification? If yes how
you specify it in api?

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance...
Nitin Murkute

Rossko

Jul 13, 2010, 7:01:44 AM7/13/10

http://code.google.com/apis/maps/faq.html#geocoder_differences

> Is it anything to do with bounds or viewport specification? If yes how
> you specify it in api?

Viewport biasing
http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/javascript/services.html#GeocodingViewports
Region biasing
http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/javascript/services.html#GeocodingRegionCodes

nitin murkute

Jul 13, 2010, 7:29:43 AM7/13/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
var southWest = new google.maps.LatLng(42.639497406239926,
-72.823620202771);
var northEast = new google.maps.LatLng(42.54699229637924,
-72.603893640271);
var bounds = new google.maps.LatLngBounds(southWest, northEast);

geocoder.geocode(
{ 'address': $("#address").val(),'bounds':
bounds },
function (results, status) {}
);

Still I am not getting the desired result.
Can you help?

Thanks in advance...
Nitin Murkute

On Jul 13, 4:01 pm, Rossko <ros...@culzean.clara.co.uk> wrote:
> > Can somebody explain me why results on maps.google.com differs from
> > the example onhttp://gmaps-samples-v3.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/geocoder/v3-geocoder...
>
> FAQhttp://code.google.com/apis/maps/faq.html#geocoder_differences
>
> > Is it anything to do with bounds or viewport specification? If yes how
> > you specify it in api?
>
> Viewport biasinghttp://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/javascript/services.ht...
> Region biasinghttp://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/javascript/services.ht...

nitin murkute

Jul 13, 2010, 7:12:48 AM7/13/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Hi Rossko,

Thanks for the reply...
I will research on the points you suggested.
Mean while is there any code example for this?

Thanks
Nitin Murkute

On Jul 13, 4:01 pm, Rossko <ros...@culzean.clara.co.uk> wrote:
> > Can somebody explain me why results on maps.google.com differs from
> > the example onhttp://gmaps-samples-v3.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/geocoder/v3-geocoder...
>
> FAQhttp://code.google.com/apis/maps/faq.html#geocoder_differences
>
> > Is it anything to do with bounds or viewport specification? If yes how
> > you specify it in api?

geoco...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2010, 9:15:25 AM7/13/10
On Jul 13, 4:12 am, nitin murkute <nitin.murk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rossko,
>
> Thanks for the reply...
> I will research on the points you suggested.
> Mean while is there any code example for this?

Code for what?

The Google Maps result is returning a different address it (it uses
other sources of data such as local search).
The Google Maps API geocoder is geocoding the address you are giving
it.

-- Larry

> Thanks
> Nitin Murkute
>
> On Jul 13, 4:01 pm, Rossko <ros...@culzean.clara.co.uk> wrote:
>

> > > Can somebody explain me why results on maps.google.com differs from
> > > the example onhttp://gmaps-samples-v3.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/geocoder/v3-geocoder...
>
> > FAQhttp://code.google.com/apis/maps/faq.html#geocoder_differences
>
> > > Is it anything to do with bounds or viewport specification? If yes how
> > > you specify it in api?
>
> > Viewport biasinghttp://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/javascript/services.ht...
> > Region biasinghttp://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/javascript/services.ht...- Hide quoted text -

Rossko

Jul 13, 2010, 9:31:32 AM7/13/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
> Still I am not getting the desired result.

Or if you already know what result you want, use it directly and don't
geocode it.

nitin murkute

Jul 13, 2010, 9:50:00 AM7/13/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
How do you think we can use those local search in API?

On Jul 13, 6:15 pm, "geocode...@gmail.com" <geocode...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > > Region biasinghttp://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/javascript/services.ht...Hide quoted text -

nitin murkute

Jul 13, 2010, 9:51:29 AM7/13/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Please check the address I have given in first post on both the
website, one google maps and other is google api example.
You will see the difference.

What I want is the Api should return result like the google map.

Can you help?

Thanks
Nitin Murkute

geoco...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2010, 10:51:01 AM7/13/10
On Jul 13, 6:51 am, nitin murkute <nitin.murk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please check the address I have given in first post on both the
> website, one google maps and other is google api example.
> You will see the difference.
>
> What I want is the Api should return result like the google map.

Then give it the correct address. The API geocoder is ignoring the
business name.

-- Larry

> Can you help?
>
> Thanks
> Nitin Murkute
>
> On Jul 13, 6:31 pm, Rossko <ros...@culzean.clara.co.uk> wrote:
>

> > > Still I am not getting the desired result.
>
> > Or if you already know what result you want, use it directly and don't
> > geocode it.- Hide quoted text -

geoco...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2010, 10:54:00 AM7/13/10
On Jul 13, 6:50 am, nitin murkute <nitin.murk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How do you think we can use those local search in API?

There is a separate Local Search API, with its own terms of use:
http://code.google.com/apis/ajaxsearch/local.html

-- Larry