Builtin API for showing copyright on custom map types?

Andreas Sommer

Mar 31, 2011, 4:14:35 AM3/31/11
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm currently migrating an application to the Maps V3 API and found that V3 doesn't seem to have a replacement for GCopyrightCollection, which enabled me to show static copyright notices (e.g. for OSM and others). So did I just miss something or isn't this included in V3 by intention?

I found the thread Missing GCopyrightCollection in v3 in which someone recommends to use custom controls and the maptypeid_changed event to render the copyright. If the Maps API doesn't provide a way, can someone provide an example of how to do this (especially how to place the DIV correctly using HTML, the rest should be straightforward)?

Best regards

Pil

Mar 31, 2011, 10:59:44 AM3/31/11
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
You can do it via a special huge library

http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/javascript/demogallery.html?searchquery=copyrights

Or you can do it yourself via about 10 additional code lines, as for
example seen here

http://www.wolfpil.de/v3/dropdown.html

(In either case you'll notice the same bug: The copyright will be
shifted to the left after it's been initially displayed and will be
shifted back its normal place after dragging the map.)