Drag and Drop An Image of A Marker Onto A Map (v3)

HelloGmaps

Oct 26, 2011, 6:20:05 AM10/26/11
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

This may not be possible, but I am trying to find a way of dragging an image of a marker (from outside a map) onto a map, and when it "drops" it would create a marker on the map.

This is the site where we are trying to develop that function:
https://streetviolencemap.org/

The current solution we have means that the user has to select the green marker (when active, it has a red bounding box), and then click on the map to create a pin.

The reason we are trying to improve on this is because a large number of our users instinctively try to drag and drop the green marker, and we would like to make the site (and especially this function) as easy as possible to use.

Many thanks for reading this post,

Adam

geoco...@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2011, 2:04:40 PM10/26/11
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
On Oct 26, 3:20 am, HelloGmaps <he...@witnessconfident.org> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> This may not be possible, but I am trying to find a way of dragging an
> image of a marker (from outside a map) onto a map, and when it "drops" it
> would create a marker on the map.

Have you seen this example:

http://www.wolfpil.de/v3/drag-from-outside.html

From this thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/google-maps-js-api-v3/browse_frm/thread/ee85aeb374f961cc/f31a426bb62b1545?lnk=gst&q=Pil+marker#f31a426bb62b1545

-- Larry
Message has been deleted

HelloGmaps

Oct 27, 2011, 6:29:22 AM10/27/11
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Larry.

This is exactly what we were looking for.