Sensor parameter (again)

odu

Oct 18, 2010, 1:44:20 PM10/18/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Hi,

My application reads users' locations from a central server and plots
then in real time.

The user's locations on the server are updated by a (non-Google-Maps)
application that runs on the users' GPS-equipped mobile phones.

So, the Google-Maps application uses sensors indirectly to plot the
users' positions.

Do I set the sensor parameter to true or to false?

Regards,

Oscar.

Luke Mahé

Oct 18, 2010, 5:49:15 PM10/18/10
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Hi Oscar,

You should set the sensor parameter to be true. The sensor parameter doesn't give you any geo location capabilities it just lets us know as part of our licensing terms with our data providers that the map is being used in conjunction with some sort of geo location functionality.

Hope this helps

-- Luke