Split view in Street View

sanket

Nov 30, 2010, 4:38:20 AM11/30/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Hi,

I have a question for Google Maps JS API Version 3.0.

Does split view support available for developer on Street View?

Split view is available on google website at right bottom corner of
Street view. When I am on Street view, I can see the street view &
Google 2D views like Roads view at the right bottom corner.

Can I implement the same split view in my web application? If Yes,
What is the API, I need to use to support this?

--
Regards,
Sanket

Marc Ridey

Nov 30, 2010, 6:30:59 AM11/30/10
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Is this what you're after?

Marc

sanket

Nov 30, 2010, 8:30:13 AM11/30/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Hi,

Yes. I am looking the 2D view in the right bottom corner of the street
view. But if you notice on the Google website, there are two arrows
in the 2D view.

1. Right Bottom corner arrow - When we click first time it will hide
the 2D view & just shows one arrow to go back to 2D views. Now When I
click on this arrow, I will go back to 2D views.

2. Left Top corner arrow - When we click first time it will show 2D
view in the bottom half screen with top half screen contains street
view. Again when we click same arrow button it will restore the 2D
view with default small size in right bottom corner.

So my question is how to achieve these two arrows in 2D views inside
Street view?

Thanks,
Sanket

On Nov 30, 4:30 pm, Marc Ridey <mri...@google.com> wrote:
> Is this what you're after?http://blog.mridey.com/2010/11/how-to-display-map-inside-streetview.html
>
> <http://blog.mridey.com/2010/11/how-to-display-map-inside-streetview.html>
> Marc
>

> On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 8:38 PM, sanket <ramoliya.san...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > I have a question for Google Maps JS API Version 3.0.
>
> > Does split view support available for developer on Street View?
>
> > Split view is available on google website at right bottom corner of
> > Street view. When I am on Street view, I can see the street view &
> > Google 2D views like Roads view at the right bottom corner.
>
> > Can I implement the same split view in my web application? If Yes,
> > What is the API, I need to use to support this?
>
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Sanket
>
> > --
> > .

Marc Ridey

Nov 30, 2010, 6:11:29 PM11/30/10
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
The same way the map is placed inside StreetVIew. Create two floating DIVs with arrows in them. Handle the click events from each arrow and resize/hive the StreetView div and Map div depending on the click event.