how to show google search bar using api version 3

Kash

Jul 13, 2010, 10:00:58 AM7/13/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Hi,

I want to show /hide google search bar using Google map api version
3. Earlier i used version 2 api and using EnableSearchBar() I was able
to show / hide the search bar but this option does not seem working in
version 3.

Could you help me in this matter ?

Also

is key attribute now non mandatory in version 3? I was able to show
map without using key ?

Kindly help me in this regard.

Thanks a lot in advance.

- Kash

geoco...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2010, 10:59:47 AM7/13/10
On Jul 13, 7:00 am, Kash <kapil.na...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to show /hide google search bar using  Google map api version
> 3. Earlier i used version 2 api and using EnableSearchBar() I was able
> to show / hide the search bar but this option does not seem working in
> version 3.
>
> Could you help me in this matter ?

I don't believe that is implemented yet in v3, nor do I know that it
will be. Check the issues tracker.

Found this from a quick search:
There's a feature request already filed for this. Please *star* it to
express your interest in seeing it added to the API:
http://code.google.com/p/gmaps-api-issues/issues/detail?id=1697

> Also
>
> is key attribute  now non mandatory in version 3? I was able to show
> map without using key ?

No key is required for API v3.

-- Larry