"Select a segment" tool - not the shortest path?!

Eduardo D'Avila

Jan 14, 2011, 9:54:19 PM1/14/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Can somebody explain what's going on here?
Why didn't the "Select a segment" tool choose the obvious shortest path?

Select a segment.png

Satya Goud

Jan 14, 2011, 10:58:24 PM1/14/11
to Map Your World - General Map Maker
The directions are programmed in such a way that they take the user on
the high priority roads and provide the safe path to drive on..If user
thinks there is another path better than that he always has the option
to drag the route and adjust it.

On Jan 15, 7:54 am, Eduardo D'Avila <erdav...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can somebody explain what's going on here<http://www.google.com/mapmaker?hl=en&saddr=-30.023875,-51.221888&dadd...>
> ?
> Why didn't the "Select a segment" tool choose the obvious shortest path?
>
>  Select a segment.png
> 193KViewDownload

Eduardo D'Avila

Jan 15, 2011, 8:00:39 AM1/15/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Satya. Thanks for your answer, but I think that's not the case here.
I am not able to position the markers A and B in Rua Coronel Vicente between the points in my previous message (see attached image). It's like Rua Coronel Vicente didn't exist between them!
Select a segment.png

Umbraro

Jan 15, 2011, 9:13:04 AM1/15/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Rua Coronel Vicente: Added on Jan 6, 2011 12:56am by eduardo.davila

It is a known problem in MapMaker that the multi segment tools don't work for newly added roads. Ran into this problem a number of cases when I tried to add route names to a bunch of newly added road segments.

I believe it hasn't been filed as an issue yet in the issue tracker. You may want to do that just to keep it on the Google radar.

Eduardo D'Avila

Jan 15, 2011, 10:11:41 AM1/15/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Umbraro, thanks for the info!
I found the issue 400.

Everybody who faces this problem, please, star the issue.

Thanks!

Eduardo

Umbraro

Jan 15, 2011, 10:48:49 AM1/15/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Starred

Momodou Semega-Janneh

Jan 15, 2011, 2:27:22 PM1/15/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I looked at the road and no matter what part of Coronel Vicente i use directions does not mart the route on this road
have you tried deleting and redoind this road
Regards
Momodou

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 1:00 PM, Eduardo D'Avila <erda...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Satya. Thanks for your answer, but I think that's not the case here.
I am not able to position the markers A and B in Rua Coronel Vicente between the points in my previous message (see attached image). It's like Rua Coronel Vicente didn't exist between them!

- To post a public reply in this same thread:

- To post a note to the group on a *different* General Map Maker topic:
Visit http://goo.gl/GDnr and click on "New topic"
or
E-mail google-...@googlegroups.com

- To unsubscribe from this list:
Send email to
google-mapmak...@googlegroups.com

- To see additional useful options:
Visit http://goo.gl/GDnr and click on "Membership."

Thanks for using Google Map Maker! :-)

Eduardo D'Avila

Jan 15, 2011, 5:29:08 PM1/15/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Momodou,

I haven't thought about recreating it.
This road has wrong route associations, which can only be edit through the "Select a segment" tool.
In fact, I'm not sure about the importance of route associations...
Is it worth to delete and recreate this road to fix the associations?

Momodou Semega-Janneh

Jan 16, 2011, 3:04:36 PM1/16/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
HI
I think with such a short road it is worth the time
Momodou