How can I invoke the google friend connect profile page of a specific member ?

baroon bikas

Jan 5, 2010, 12:04:00 PM1/5/10
to Google Friend Connect Developer Forum
Hi... I have been using this javascript function
google.friendconnect.showMemberProfile() to invoke the @viewer profile
on the same page. Moreover the profile url of other connected members,
that we get by querying the GFC, contain URL that we have to navigate
to view the profile page presented by GFC. Since the profile page
displayed by GFC is functionally look like AJAX call, but we have to
navigate to the profile URL to view the same. Like I am using
javascript code - location.href = profileurl;

Actually what I want is how can I show the profile page displayed by
GFC of other user on the same page without navigating to the profile
URL. I am using the JS-API to make call and get the User details.

Moreover I also want to know whether
google.friendconnect.showMemberProfile() take any parameter for the
member. I have tried with the ID of other user to invoke the profile
page of that user. But no luck. Moreover showMemberProfile() function
isn't documented anywhere. I have found the same while going through
the DOM hierarchy in a Javascript Debugger.

Bob Aman

Jan 5, 2010, 12:49:58 PM1/5/10
to google-friend-co...@googlegroups.com

Yeah, showMemberProfile is an undocumented function, and may be
changed at some later point without warning. (Use at your own risk.)
You can, however, pass a parameter to it:
google.friendconnect.showMemberProfile("01234567890123456789");

-Bob

baroon bikas

Jan 5, 2010, 12:53:02 PM1/5/10
to Google Friend Connect Developer Forum
Any other alternate to showMemberProfile()... for the same
functionality

Bob Aman

Jan 5, 2010, 1:02:44 PM1/5/10
to google-friend-co...@googlegroups.com
> Any other alternate to showMemberProfile()... for the same
> functionality

No, but I've been told that we should be documenting the function and
making it official soon.

-Bob

baroon bikas

Jan 5, 2010, 1:05:12 PM1/5/10
to Google Friend Connect Developer Forum
That sounds great... So I can keep using them. Really thankful to your
prompt reply.

Bob Aman

Jan 12, 2010, 5:40:19 PM1/12/10
to google-friend-co...@googlegroups.com
>> > Any other alternate to showMemberProfile()... for the same
>> > functionality
>>
>> No, but I've been told that we should be documenting the function and
>> making it official soon.
>
> That sounds great... So I can keep using them. Really thankful to your
> prompt reply.

This function is now officially documented. Carry on!

-Bob