Getting a pricing end date error when saving placement using v1.15

Wei

Sep 20, 2011, 2:41:28 PM9/20/11
to Google's DoubleClick for Advertisers API Forum
I am getting the following error when saving a placement using v1.15

93013 - The pricing end date must be within the placement run date
range.

The placement endDate, pricingSchedule.endDate and
pricingSchedule.pricingPeriods[0].endDate are the same. So are the
start dates. And there is only one pricingPeriod.

Please advise. Thanks!

DFA API Advisor

Sep 21, 2011, 9:19:51 AM9/21/11
to Google's DoubleClick for Advertisers API Forum
Hi Wei,

I haven't been able to replicate this. Would you be able to tell me
specifically what times you are using that can replicate this problem?

Thanks,
- Joseph DiLallo, the DFA API Team

Wei Sun

Sep 21, 2011, 10:58:53 AM9/21/11
to Google's DoubleClick for Advertisers API Forum
I am not able to save with any dates. These are what I have tested
with so far:

startDate: 9/26/2011 12:00:00 PM
endDate: 4/28/2012 12:00:00 PM

startDate: 10/1/2011 12:00:00 PM
endDate: 5/28/2012 12:00:00 PM

startDate: 12/1/2011 12:00:00 PM
endDate: 6/24/2012 12:00:00 PM

startDate: 1/1/2012 12:00:00 PM
endDate: 7/29/2012 12:00:00 PM

Wei

DFA API Advisor

Sep 21, 2011, 1:05:52 PM9/21/11
to Google's DoubleClick for Advertisers API Forum
Hi Wei,

Ah, I wasn't using v1.15 of the API. This appears to be a problem
introduced in that version. I'll log this as a bug we need to fix.

In the meantime, you have two options. You can either keep using v1.14
for your savePlacement requests, or you can set the end dates to the
same day but use different times. If the pricing schedule's end date
is any time after 4:00:00 AM UTC, the pricing period's schedule will
work if it is set to the same date, anytime on or before 4:00:00 AM
UTC. For example:

Pricing Schedule's end date: 4/28/2012 4:00:01 AM UTC
Pricing Period's end date: 4/28/2012 4:00:00 AM UTC

The above will work. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Regards,
- Joseph DiLallo, the DFA API Team

Wei Sun

Sep 21, 2011, 1:46:39 PM9/21/11
to Google's DoubleClick for Advertisers API Forum
Thanks a lot! When do you think the fix will be ready? I think I might
stick with v1.14 until the fix is available.

Wei

DFA API Advisor

Sep 26, 2011, 10:28:59 AM9/26/11
to Google's DoubleClick for Advertisers API Forum
Hi Wei,

We don't modify the existing versions of the API so as not to risk
breaking existing applications. The earliest this will be fixed in
v1.16, which will be out in December. v1.14 will stay in service until
some time in January.

Regards,
- Joseph DiLallo, the DFA API Team