SaveAd using python api 1.15 No error message, but No new ad created

zamplus zamplus

Oct 28, 2011, 9:26:07 AM10/28/11
to Google's DoubleClick for Advertisers API Forum
Hello,

I am trying to explicitly create a new default ad using the DFA
API v1.15. python.

The campaign and creative are already created and ready to go.
After SaveAd , I got no error, but there is no new Ad created.

I am unsure on how to resolve this. Any help will be appreciated.

Here is some example code of what I am attempting. Thanks.

image_ad ={
'xsi_type': 'DefaultAd',
'name':u'testtesttest',
'id': '0',
'active': u'false',
'archived': u'false',
'campaignId':campaign_id,
'endTime' : end_date,
'startTime': start_date,
'sizeId':size_id,
'typeId': my_enums.DFA_STANDARD_AD,
'creativeAssignment':{
'active':u'True',
'startDate': start_date,
'endDate': end_date,
'creativeId':creativeId,
'sequence': u'1',
'weight': u'1',
'clickThroughUrl':{
'customClickThroughUrl':u'http://www.baidu.com',
'defaultLandingPageUsed':u'False',
'landingPageId':u'0'
},
},
}
ad_service.SaveAd(image_ad)

*** Incoming HTTP headers
HTTP/1.? 200 OK
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 12:51:28 GMT
Server: Google
*** Incoming SOAP
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/
envelope/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
<soapenv:Body>
<saveAdResponse soapenv:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/
soap/encoding/">
<ns1:AdSaveResult href="#id0" xmlns:ns1="http://www.doubleclick.net/
dfa-api/v1.15"/>
</saveAdResponse>
<multiRef id="id0" soapenc:root="0" soapenv:encodingStyle="http://
schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:ns2="http://
www.doubleclick.net/dfa-api/v1.15" xmlns:soapenc="http://
schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xsi:type="ns2:AdSaveResult">
<id xsi:type="xsd:long">0</id>
</multiRef>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

DFA API Advisor

Oct 28, 2011, 10:55:22 AM10/28/11
to Google's DoubleClick for Advertisers API Forum
Hello there!

Hmm, this is interesting. One thing I think may be a problem is that
your typeId is set to Standard Ad, but DefaultAds have their own type
ID numbers. You can find the listing here:
http://code.google.com/apis/dfa/docs/creative_types.html#ads You
probably want ID 13 or 14, while Standard Ads are type 1.

There are other reasons this DefaultAd may be a problem. Do you
already have a DefaultAd of the same dimensions (sizeId) in this
campaign? You're only allowed to have 1 default ad for each slot size
per campaign.

In troubleshooting this issue, I've noticed that saving a faulty
DefaultAd seems to give a success message with a returned ID of 0, as
it did for you. This is a problem unique to the DefaultAd ad type. I
will bring this issue up and try to get better error messages attached
to these ads.

Let me know if neither of these suggestions helps.

Cheers,
- Joseph DiLallo, the DFA API Team