Finding Specific Retailers AccountId's

M_Olson

Dec 9, 2011, 1:18:26 PM12/9/11
to google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I was wondering if there is an easy way to find a retailers account ID. I have written a VBA script that pulls product pricing information using a public search from various retailers and allows the results to be restricted by retailer(s). The problem that I am having is that I would like to include Amazon among the retailers, but I cannot find their accountId to use as a restriction for the search.

The method I have been using to obtain the accountIds for the other retailers has been to modify the search parameter of this URL:  https://www.googleapis.com/shopping/search/v1/public/products?key=[MYKEY]&country=US&q=[MYSEARCHSTRING]&alt=atom, locate a result from the intended retailer, and then view/find the retailer's accountId in the XML. Unfortunately, I am not able to get any results to return from Amazon, and therefore cannot include them in my restriction set.

Any advice regarding why this is the case and if/how I can find their accountId (or a method of finding any accountIds that is easier than what I just laid out) would be wonderful.

Thanks,
M_Olson

Tom Wilson

Dec 9, 2011, 2:37:53 PM12/9/11
to google-content-...@googlegroups.com
This has come up before in this forum, some retailers opt out of the API inclusion this is something open to all users. So would explain the results your seeing (or not in this case)

M_Olson

Thanks,

Tom Wilson
Web and Media Developer

e: t...@tomthedeveloper.com
w: www.tomthedeveloper.com

Google Base Tools - http://dev.tomthedeveloper.com/googlebase
Featured Project : http://google-code-featured.blogspot.com/2008/02/google-base-competitor-analysis.html

M_Olson

Dec 9, 2011, 2:46:51 PM12/9/11
to google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Ah I see, that's kind of what I was afraid of. I appreciate the prompt response.

Thanks,
M_Olson